Carbon filter for bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Whohulkwalk, Aug 10, 2010.

1. That's my dream to have a table full of bongs like that, I collected 5 glassys then I accidentally ran over 2 of them, gave one to dad, leave one in my car for camping and keep one in my room, one day I'll be set like that!

One day...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Mcfinns wicked wizard bubblers are the best ive found. Triple filtered..virgin coconut carbon/ h2o/organic cotton. Use with glo rod for the smoothest hits ever! Definetly recommend*****

3. This is a virgin cotton ball after 1 bowl in the Mcfinns. Keep in mind this was also after being filtered through a carbon filter and water. Save your lungs from the tar and pesticides. Your health is your wealth!

Attached Files:

4. Wicked wizard #0022 by si pipes.

Attached Files:

5. Do you prefer cotton over carbon ?
    I feel like cotton would cut back on the air flow way more.

I ask because I may start putting a small cotton piece in with my carbon

6. Both combined! But always carbon first, then h20, then cotton at the end. Dont use regular cotton, mcfinns virgin cotton has 0 chemicals. 1 container is about $20. It lasted me almost 2yrs and i clean my rig after every bowl.

7. #47 Established Pilot, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
    Trueeee. I was wondering which adds more drag. My carbon filter was a custom and I had him only make it like a half inch chamber with ice pinches so I don't need a screen. But some times some grime makes it thru. Not a lot but enough to make me clean it. I think cotton may catch the last of it

8. Okay. You will hardly notice the drag with the cotton. I always fluff it up really good and tuck it in without packing it. definitely recommend the cotton as your final filtration.

9. EVERYBODY SHOULD USE A CARBON FILTER lol I don't see why not? Its true it tastes sooooo much better than just having a bubble bowl or something and I see someone has posted their collection,wish up here we'd get those illi's an sovs etc. just thought id share too..

Attached Files:

10. i dont like em, they get dirty and need to be changed often, also create alot of drag with time.

11. --- You take off the carbon filter with your bowl an take the toke as is, no drag.

12. Well no shit

13. but how do they create drag I'm wondering? Never had any problems even when the filter is filthy

14. It's extremely simple. Restricted airflow creates drag.
    /.......

15. To further explain the air has to work its way through the carbon. Smaller the pellets the more restriction as to bigger pellets.

I've tried the carbon filter and am mixed on it. yes it let's me milk the bong about twices as much as I could do in a hit. And doesn't rilly touch the "flavor".

On the other hand ( I think its my bud) I peak with a simpler high rather to feeling like I'm on a roller coaster.

But I have only used it twice. Once full out and the second just 2 small hits

16. There's a product i've been using for a good 2 years at least called a SmokeBuddy, which is exactly that. I highly recommend buyin this as they last a very long time and are highly effective. You can get them at any shop that sells glass for aroun 20 dollars. (in my case at least)[​IMG]

17. I have a little skull ashcatcher that I put my bowl into and the filter goes into my other ashcatcher, I found using it that way protected my filter from clogging up, and when clearing I (always have, pre and post owning a carbon filter) always lift the ashcatchers (and thereby the filter) out of the stem when clearing to reduce drag. That being said, the design of the skull inherently makes it a quick clogger, so I still have to clean tha out more often than i'd like, but that's because of the design, a proper ashcatcher would eliminate that issue IMG_20150829_140701.jpg (My bong without filter)

18. Does the carbon filter actually reduce the amount of shit deposited in your lungs, I bong a lot and can cough out grimy shit

19. Most definitely!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app