Carbon filter for bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Whohulkwalk, Aug 10, 2010.

1. You should get one. It makes the smoke twice as smooth when you're using one. I have a Roor icemaster w/a diffuser and the carbon filter attachment and it rly keep it clean and makes hits smoother.

2. #22 xsploit, Dec 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2010
    I got some carbon,just drying it. I'm just using my broken 18.8>18.8 diffy with a screen,i will see how it is.

Edit:I just tried it with really dry weed,kinda leafy and it was still pretty harsh,so yeah it was probably even worse. I have to try later with my glow rod.

3. ive always wondered about these things but hearing that thing about the black lung just freaks me out. im gonna rely on my a/c to keep the bong clean

4. Tastes better (if you like smoother, less distinct taste, not in a bad way) and doesn't make your breath smell near as bad. I smoke a lot with and with out and I personally don't think it detracts from the taste. I'd say it's noticably healthier as well.

5. where can i buy one? online?

would my local headshop sell it?

and are the carbon the same as the fishtank kinds?

6. Same carbon, yes very possible local. If not try Glassmansdoll or Soulshine Family Glass on Etsy (google it)!

7. Get it from GMD. I just bought a DD carbon filter and a DD slide, and they work perfectly. never any problems.

Makes me feel like IM breathing in air.

8. OP you should really try a carbon filter.

9. bumping a two tear old thread?

10. aren't you the OP?

11. ^ This might be the most epic post on GC.......

12. Why not?

13. You can't prove that.

14. bump ass *****

15. Did you end up trying it, my LHS has one and ur tits got me curious.

16. Nope, never tried one.

17. I was totally against trying them for years b/c I had heard it took away the taste and flavor

I WAS TOTALLY WRONG!!!

I noticed no difference in flavor or taste, but MAKE SURE you wash the carbon off before putting it into the filter...that's key! Just stir the carbon around in filter after every few bowls and change after about 5 days or so (depending on how much you smoke)

I finally gave in and bought a McFinn's Original (made by scientific inhalations) carbon filter for $55 and big ass bag of carbon virgin coconut carbon for $10 (after like 2 months i had only gone through half the bag). This carbon filter is awesome, has a cross slit at the top and two side slits to let the smoke through, hardly adds any drag and no carbon ever slips through.

It really is one of the best investments I ever made in glass. I used to clean my A/C 1-2x a day, and my tube about every 2 days. After the carbon filter purchase I would clean the A/C about once a week and my tube 1-2x a month. Keeps them so clean! the water too!

Only drawback is that it adds roughly 3'' inches + the size of your bowl (they also have a larger one, but I don't quite see the need). If you have a small inline, it can get sorta close to your face, but not that bad

seriously, they're awesome! All my buds have finally given in and gotten em, no more harsh, rough hits. All smooth with all the taste and flavor you're still looking for!

18. I picked up a 14>18 adapter, converter, whatever. Popped a screen in there. Added a little carbon, and there you have it. A $20 carbon filter.. +price of carbon, super cheap investment..
    After 4 snaps, you can see how the glass above the carbon is a little dirty, and everything below is clean as ever.
    The first hit I took with it, I didn't think I even inhaled anything. It was that smooth.:)

Sent from my XT907

Attached Files:

19. If I had crappy or bad tasting weed I'd use one in a second but i like the taste of good herb and carbon filters just kill all the taste.  As for it keeping your bong cleaner, I would clean everyday whether or not there is brown gunk in my tube.  If I hit a tube once...I consider it dirty, it just doesn't taste the same as the first hit.

Considering it takes me about 2 minutes to wash a bong it's not a lot of time.  Or if it's real dirty, I let grunge off sit in it and smoke out of a different piece and then just rinse it out a few hours later.  If you wash your glass on a regular basis you don't have to deal with crap that's difficult to remove.  Back when I used iso and salt I use to let my tubes get pretty nasty as it was more of a pain to clean but with grunge off, it's so easy there's no reason not to do it regularly plus it looks and smells way better clean.

Here's a recent pic of my glass:
    [​IMG]

20. Bump. Just got a CF for my Kingstem. Smooth than a mf...
    uploadfromtaptalk1426060926744.jpg

And another just cuz I like this shot uploadfromtaptalk1426060965901.png