Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Heavy (Blunt) Smokers: Please Read & Reply

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Colts, Aug 10, 2010.

1. wow blunts are such a touchy subject christ. i used to smoke joints/blunts and bowls every day. but i foud that if i vaporized half the time and cut blunts back to like once a week as a treat my health greatly improved.

but to each their own.

2. #62 DekatioN, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2011
    I started smoking blunts everyday in the early summer, and from that point I smoked everyday for like four-five months, and just now am I realizing how bad it was for me

In general I was much more of a tired, exhausted person, like after five minutes

and I'll be feeling great one day, the blunt swings over, and after that I'm just shit-headed, tired as fuck, trying to go home and sleep

edit: and before the blunt swung over, I was already faded off a jee

3. Intresting to see the effects on other people. Go ahead, I am listening :).

4. I smoke multiple blunts every day and am still a healthy, successful individual. I've never coughed from smoking a blunt unless it was like I accidentally inhaled smoke the wrong way; normal hits don't make me cough. I also have viral induced asthma so idk why my lungs are cool with me smoking blunts all the time, but I never have problems.

5. I used to smoke blunts for portable purposes.. I never liked having tangible paraphernalia on my person while I was out and about. It never actually came down to it, but I figured I could eat a blunt or a few joints pretty fast, if I had to (never left without a bottle of juice or tea as well). The more I did it though, the more I noticed I was developing: smokers cough, persistent, resistant phlegm, exhaustion, and the same would occur with joints as well, to a lesser degree. It doesn't seem to be a problem when you're younger, it's only something I noticed more recently in life (lungs do degrade the more you abuse them).

I eventually switched to vaping hash glycerin tincture using e-cigs, when I need to medicate in public or on the go, and I stick to bongs and bubblers at home. I can smoke and vape almost indefinitely without coughing, and without feeling otherwise physically adversely effected, if not when compared to refraining from smoking entirely, then at least when compared to smoking the same (or even less) from blunts, and fat joints.

6. Thats the problem. You don't stop till its too late. I have quit smoking tobacco/blunts and I have been feeling way better. Btw how are those e-cigs? I didn't know you smoke hash in them lol.

7. "blunt"= cannabis rolled with low-grade cigar tobacco wraps. They are not grown and cured to be inhaled. Inhaling them is far more harmful. Not to mention all the additives and just the fact that things like dutches/whiteowls/backwoods/swishers etc, are the mexibrick of the tobacco world.

Take a break until your lungs heal and clean all the shit out, then get down with Taylor and switch to planes and glass. Your lungs will thank you:smoke:

8. I really enjoy them, and I've felt loads better since I stopped using blunts and other papers as frequently :) There was a short (sad) time where I thought I'd have to give up toking all together, or at least cut back. But even now, long after my last regular blunt-use, but while still having one every few weeks/months, I can crank away at a bong or even a dry pipe more than ever without ever feeling a tickle, either while smoking, or later on.

I noticed with blunts, that I wouldn't cough while smoking them and I'd feel fine at the time, it was later on, that I would feed the bad effects. I'd cough more at random intervals throughout the day, and it was becoming such a norm, that I hardly notice it even as it progressed.

It's very subtle how it effects you, especially considering how noticeable it seems to be, to the people around you. I found myself saying I'm just 'clearing my throat' more and more, and eventually, I finally realized and thought to myself, "huh, I've never had to clear my throat this often before..", (then) "god, I hope it's not the weed!" lol. Turns out it wasn't, or isn't yet anyway. I'm still going strong :)

But e-cigs are great and a lot of fun, and they're even a somewhat socially-accepted way to vape a hash tincture (glycerin made) in private, and even public venues or shops if you're both responsible and respectful of others in your use, and the manager or owner is for them. Even if you're using a pure or unflavored tincture the odor they produce is very low, and vanishes quickly if some vapor escapes, and it's virtually non-existent if you ghost your puffs and exhale clear.

Smoking pure hash or BHO through an e-cig, is possible, but it can quickly damage and break your equipment (more specifically the atomizer), which isn't a huge loss as it is considered disposable, but they should still stay fully functional for several months before failing. The glycerin in your tincture (some store-bought e-liquids use glycerin, others use propylene glycol) will act as a vapor-vehicle, in order to transport the cannabinoids more rapidly at lower temps, than they could otherwise be vaped at.
    E-cigs don't get very hot, so vaping pure hash or BHO without a glycerin vehicle can potentially clog and burn out the fragile little element, sometimes in less than a week, sometimes even after a single use.

Sorry for going so far off topic :) So I don't come off like a sales rep for e-cigs ( :p ) I'll quickly wrap it up by saying that, they're not for everyone.. for instance, people who have never tried vaping or don't know what to expect, who are looking for a replacement or substitute for the very rich and thick smoke of a blunt, for these people an e-cig probably won't seem satisfying right away, until they are patient and give it a few weeks to get used to them.

They are a great delivery system and can give a great head-rushy hash high if you puff too much all at once, but considering the huge plumes of vapor you can produce, the vapor itself has a very mild feeling as far as chest expansion or throat irritation, and it's hard to get used to experiencing a high, without the smoke and sensations that usually will accompany it. But the same can be said of table-top and other portable herb-vapes as well.

So if you do like vaping, they're a great portable addition to your canna gear.

Sorry again, back to blunts :) I still like them, but in moderation :D

9. Exactly. But I feel like the damage is already done :(.

That used to be me but after a couple years it caught up to me. I never had smokers cough for a long time and after about 2-3 years of light-heavy smoking, it caught up. Don't think because your fine now, that its not harming your lungs. It will catch up to you, eventually.

10. #70 defacto, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
    I pulled a muscle coughing a while back so started spending time inverted off the edge of the bed to let gravity slide some of this grey phlem out. I understand people with cystic fibrosis would do this every day or drowning is possible :(.The technique seems to work well for chronic bronchitis too. Here is what I was able to move this morning, and I hit a comparably low level per day. When the pen vaporizers start improving I will definitely try one out because this is too much...
    1398037961152.jpg