1 roll of rebar wire
2 ceiling hooks (200lb)
Rebar wire is SUPER strong, and SUPER cheap. Costs me $3 at Home Depot in the rebar/concrete aisle (against the wall usually)
1. Screw the ceiling hooks into a stud in the ceiling.
2. Cut some rebar wire twice the length needed
3. Wrap the wire from ceiling hook to ceiling hook. (should have 2 wires)
4. Turn the ceiling hooks to tighten the wire more
5. Make 2 small U shapes out of wire. Twist wire together for double-strength.
6. Attach U shapes to either the hood or hood chain (depending on ceiling height) and twist together.
I attached one pic of my new light mover. I'll post some more tomorrow.
Edited by DokiDoki, 15 August 2010 - 05:56 AM.