i hate deer

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by weneedweed1111, Jul 11, 2005.

1. deer ate my plant to the point where it was just a long thick stem. i thought it was dead but i checkd on my plants one day some leaves had grown back.i mean, nothing like before but the stem is thick and there ar some leaves on the top will my plant be ok?

2. :hello: Hey weneedweed1111,

Sorry to hear about your plant. I've also had some problems in the past with deer. But I found a way to keep them off my plants outdoors. I spread mothballs around the outside of my gardens and I also put shavings from Irish Spring soap around too. Usually when I first prepare my holes for planting, I find deer and turkey tracks in the fresh soil I've prepared. But after putting out the mothballs and soap, I don't have anymore deer or turkey problems. To an animal, these two products together must smell really strong. The smell stays long enough so that your plant or plants have time to get large enough so they won't bother them. Believe me, I know what it's like to check on your plants and find them either eaten or broken. It really sucks. If possible, you can always put a chicken wire fence around your plant. They have a hard time eating through the metal.
    Hang in there, you still might be able to salvage your plant. Good Luck!
    :smoke: I.B.Token

3. will taping hair to my stalks do anything?i also pissed alot around my plot, i hear it repels but i also hear it attracts deer, which one is right? because i am paranoid about my plant

4. :hello:

I've used dog and cat hair before to keep animals off my plants. The only problem is after a couple of rains I think the hair loses it's odor, but it's better than nothing. You can use any kind of soap. Just use a knife to shave off thin pieces and spread them around your plant area. By the way, I wouldn't piss around my garden, it will attract deer. I deer hunt, and have seen deer go right to the spot where I took a piss and smell it. It didn't bother them at all. So probably not a good idea. The soap is cheap and works well.
    :smoke: I.B.Token

5. thanks im scrubbing my cat for hair right now

6. the old spice hard soap bars really work well :D