??? Question about lights going from veg to flower!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tokeymctokems, Aug 6, 2010.

1. I have a nice indoor grow going - half CFL and half MH/HPS
    Link to my grow journal here http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-g...e_party_cup_grow-starting_with_60_plants.html (I will post a new update Saturday for anybody interested.

I have a 400w digital switchable ballast and right now most of my plants are about 7 inch tall - after i get my NL (rest are bag seed) as close to a foot tall as i can manage (some are growing faster and are at a foot already) I cant let them get much above that or i will run out of room.

I know that the first 2 -3 weeks of flower the plants will double in size. I also know that MH is best for veg grow, my question is this. Would it be a good idea to keep the bulb as a MH for the during the first few weeks of flower because of all that growth, or will i get more bud switching to HPS right away? I got almost through a full grow a while ago (one of them hermied on me and seeded everything) and i saw that there wasn't too much bud growth till about 3 weeks in I was thinking it might be a good idea to hold off on switching to HPS till i saw a good bit of bud growth but what do the pros out there think?

2. I'd switch bulbs when you switch your light cycle.

3. cool, any chance you know why that is - does it help it flower quicker or does that just allow for growth of bigger bud even before flowering really takes off? I prefer to understand and not just know lol.

4. anybody else have an opinion? I would love to hear what more of you think and why.

5. Bump bumpedy bump bump

6. during the 12/12 flowing light cycle, make sure the plants are VERY well lit while lit, and pitch black in their sleeping hours. (1 reason they could have hermied) Light leaks in the night hours cause hermies pretty easily.

I would go with the HPS lights. Full spectum, best of all worlds. I personally think the HPS light dominates all in the flowering stages. vegging i prefer T5 floros just because of the very good light, and low energy consumption and has alot of blue spectrum light for the growing stages.

7. Thank you + Rep

Still open to more answers folks - the more you know the better :D

8. Thanks :p

And yeah, it takes a few weeks of just reading tutorials and keeping up to date with as much info as you can.

The more you learn ahead of time, the more blood sweat and tears you prevent in the future man.
    Keep on keepin on. :smoke:

9. Thanks man - i switched over right away - my grow is in my signature if you want to check it out - the more the merrier