Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Granny's MMJ List- July 2010

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Storm Crow, Aug 3, 2010.

1. no fucking way dude

2. Wow this list is awesome. Thank you for enlightening us with your research.

I showed this list to my friends who are working in the health industry over here and what can I say, your list is an invaluable conversion tool.

Thanks a bunch again.

3. OMG - and I really mean it, damn that is an amazing list so thank thank thank so much for sharing it.

True legend :bongin:

4. #44 Storm Crow, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2011
    Long ago, I saw this-

"Dr. Tod's List" - Chronic Conditions Treated With Cannabis
    (The inspiration for this list) (full - 2004)
    [FONT=&quot] "Dr. Tod's List" - Chronic Conditions Treated With Cannabis

In it, I learned of the many conditions that cannabis could treat. But it was "just" a list with no backing, except the doctor's word. It would not be enough to convince a skeptic! :(

I had collected a few cannabis studies that interested me and had stashed them in a notebook. I kept finding more "interesting" studies that were worthy of printing up and the notebook quickly filled. Finally I had to put them in some sort of order, and I kept having to type up the URLs to educate folks with questions about cannabis- so I put the titles and links in a WORD document to make it easier to deal with.

And then the light dawned!:yay: I knew how I could educate others about what I had learned, satisfy my need to be an activist, but still work in education! (and I could stop typing out those dang links! :D ) On my 60th birthday, I set my little List free to change the world.

You guys have just gone through the end results of that bit of inspiration. My list is my "beautiful thing", a "work of art" that tells the story of how cannabis heals.

I saw Dr. Tod's List........

and it inspired me to create my List.

You have seen my List.........

What will you do with it?

How will you use the knowledge?

What "beautiful thing" will YOU create?
    [/FONT]

Granny :wave:

5. #45 Magical Wizard, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2011
    I actually sent this list to my granny who is very against marijauna let's see how she responds :laughing:

6. Hey Storm Crow! I came across this medical study in regards to Diabetes and some sort of Cannabinoid interaction with pancreas cells. Although I am a bit confused as to what it says, if anyone has an understanding of what the study concludes I would be grateful if someone translated haha :p.

Here we go:
    Medscape: Medscape Access

Any type of lamen terms it can be put it would be greatly appreciated. I have type 1 diabetes and have been looking for more studys on Cannabis and its interaction with TYPE 1 Diabetes, as there have been studies for type 2 here and there...but oddly very little studies to do with Type 1 Diabetes

7. This might be helpful!

T1DBase: update 2011, organization and presentation of large-scale data sets for type 1 diabetes research.T1DBase: update 2011, organization and presentation of large-scale data sets for type 1 diabetes research

OK, now for the translation- wish it were better news! :(

Objective- To keep glucose balance you need your insulin producing beta cells to be working right. Insulin makes the beta cells reproduce by giving off hormones. Turning the CB1 receptors on (agonist) or blocking them (antagonist) influences how insulin is used in insulin-sensitive tissues. We are not sure what is happening. We are trying to find out if endocannabinoids in the Islets regulate beta cell reproduction, and if they affect the way the body handles insulin.

Research- We measured endocannabinoid production in mouse and human beta cells in test tubes after feeding the cells. We looked at human and mouse beta cells of various types, including “CB1 knock out” mice that have no CB1 receptors, to see if they had functioning endocannabinoid systems. We checked if the endocannabinoid system influenced the way beta cells work by regulating insulin action- we got some interesting results fiddling around with the endocannabinoid system in diabetic mice.

Results- Endocannabinoids are made in beta cells, which also have CB1 receptors that react when activated by a CB1 agonist. Dosing the mice with CB1 antagonists (blockers), or using those CB1 deficient mice lead to enhanced insulin receptor signaling and more beta cells. Blocking the CB1 receptors lowers the blood sugar, increases beta cells and increases Insulin receptor signaling in beta cells. Activation of CB1 receptors slows normal beta cell functions.

Conclusions- This study shows a direct link between the CB1 receptors and Insulin receptor signaling and how it affects beta cell reproduction and how blocking the CB1 receptors may lead to more beta cells that work better.

So here is the bad news. THC is not good for type 1 diabetes according to this study. However, since THC (CB1) and CBD (CB2) often have opposing actions, I would look for CB2 / type 1 diabetes studies. Activating CB2 receptors may possibly increase the number of beta cells just like blocking the CB1s do!

Granny :wave:

8. Oh that study seems quite dissapointing. Its pretty funny that the only disease i have is the ONLY one that isnt freakin helped by Cannabis /facepalm just my luck haha.

I will look into CB2 though...possibly might turn things around!

Thanks for the translation aswell, I find these medical studies so hard to read haha :p

9. I think mj should be legalized just because of the work into this post!

10. LilTweaky, this is the small version! If you want a copy of the bigger one, just drop me an email! Check the bottom of my sig. - Granny

11. this site no longer is running
    ACCESSING 0.5 to 2.0 GRAMS CBD FRACTIONATING THE PHYTOCANNABINOIDS BY THEIR VAPORIZATION POINTS
    (article - no date )
    Leavesofgrass.info

keep up the great work i love reading articles and getting knowledge anyway to try to get law makers and people in power in MN to realize people could benefit so much from MJ. i have pain issues and my dad suffers from herniated discs in his neck along with having 4 surgeries oh his knee and 3 on a shoulder on top of diabetes.

thanks
    arn

12. Good work compiling all those links, must have been a long and laborious process.

13. Granny is the absolute BEST at what she does :smoke:

14. THIS is something I've been looking for ever since i started smoking mj, i PRAISE the work you have put into this and am very grateful for it! +rep! I've already learned a lot more than i already knew about this healing herb. Excellent work!

15. omg there's so much information in here,it reminds me of a documentary i watched called "what if cannibals cured cancer" but there was no mention of a disease called Fibromialgia, a very good friend of mine suffers from this and he says its like living in hell, just wondering if you have covered this in here, i will have a look but theres so much, is this something which you address medically ?

16. It's in there! :D

17. Very nice thread.
    Keep up the good work!

I wish my country was less religious and conservative, then I would be able to stop taking pills and get something natural and less harmful.

18. Hon, just share the medical facts! Show "Uncle Joe" the article about how cannabis can slow Alzheimer's, or what ever condition he has. Send doctors and politicians medical studies- what can they say? You are just passing along valid medical information from reliable sources like PubMed, medical journals and WebMD!

And send me an email (see the bottom of my sig) and I'll send you the BIG version! You won't be alone- a fellow countryman of yours has the List! He said he was sending it to a few of his friends, too.

The best way to fight for legalization, is to fight the ignorance! Once the facts are known, the need for legalization becomes obvious!

Granny

19. Awesome list! Was wondering if you ever came across some good info on Lyme disease and cannabis?