sun system galaxy select-A-watt digital ballast?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by King_of_chronic, Aug 2, 2010.

1. i have a 4x4 box which im going to be running a 1000 watt HPS in. i think its gonna be to much heat for me to handle/afford so i came across this ballast with a little research. Sun System Galaxy 400-600-1000 watt Turbo Charge Select-a-Watt/Dimmable-120/240 volt
    my local hydroshop has it so i wont be buying it online. now i know even if i have a 1000 watt bulb and its too hot i can dim it down to 600 or 400 watt with this ballast without having to switch bulbs. so my question is, is this ballast as good as it seems? i dont mind spending $400 on a ballast if its reliable, cool temp, quiet, and switchable with watt and HPS/MH. is that ballast all those things?

thanks and one love:smoking:

2. dont know much about this type of thing, but as far as i know i think lumatek are one of the most reliable.

3. I have a lumatek 600 dimmable very similar and they are awesome very reliable and extremely cool. I would recommend it to anyone.

4. so you would pick lumatek over sun system?

5. lumatek or a phantom i think a 1000w is still cheaper then 400$

6. I have heard good things about the Galaxy, but also the Lumatek and Phantom. My buddy just got this one from these guys (who I shop with every time) and he loves it. He said the shipping was about 12 bucks or so too.

Phantom 1000W Dimmable Digital Ballast

I have been considering upgrading to digital as well and will most likely get that one or this one:

Lumatek 1000W Dimmable eBallast

7. lumatek are the best out there. I love mine. the super lumans is very cool although a little harder on bulbs.