Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

How much do bongs cost in your area?

• Please log in to reply

Pandalo

Pandalo

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey everyone, I'm taking a little visit down to the local smokeshop to buy myself a bong! However, I'm a first time buyer, so my question is, how much should a bong thats a little over a foot tall be? Nothing fancy, probably made of glass. I've already checked the prices online, but I figured prices would be different for a walk in shop.

Thanks for your help, just trying to avoid being ripped off.

Namynam

Namynam

New School Attitude

• Old School
  • 2,814 posts
bongs at the headshop i have been to go from 50, tothe most expensive one that i looked at was 450 but im sure the have a few higher priced than that. mine was 250. it all depends on the thickness of the glass, how big it is, and how much shit is on it.

mine is in my gallery if you want to see it.

smokyey3z

smokyey3z

(0_o)

• Old School
  • 1,320 posts
at my place where i buy my stuff...the bongs range from 40$-200$ we dont have very many good bongs there either

IGotTheCottons

IGotTheCottons

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 18,947 posts
Local headshops usually overcharge. The ones around here sell pieces that you can get online for like $80 for double or tripple that... Which is why I buy strictly off-line... Or in NYC :D They usually have good prices.

A foot tall bong, made of glass, nothin too too fancy... I'd expect to pay about $150ish for a decent piece.

Pandalo

Pandalo

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Damn, 150? I'm heading down to berekely to try and get some better prices. Would acrylic, bamboo, or ceramic bongs be cheaper?

smokyey3z

smokyey3z

(0_o)

• Old School
  • 1,320 posts
why would u want them, glass is the best..

yes they would be cheaper but nastier

Pandalo

Pandalo

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I dunno, I only got about 80 dollars to work with here. 150 forr just a regular glass bong is kinda pushin it.

Namynam

Namynam

New School Attitude

• Old School
  • 2,814 posts
for 150 you will get a pretty nice bong. it wont just be a regular one, it will probably have some color to it and maybe a marble or something on it. thing about bongs is they can vary so much in quality that the best way is to just go to the headshop and look around. im sure youll find something you like that is in your price range.

smokyey3z

smokyey3z

(0_o)

• Old School
  • 1,320 posts
Posted Image

i got this bong for 50$ at a liquor store, its like a discount beverage store that has a section that sells them its about a little bigger then a foot

DurbanPoison

DurbanPoison

Gonzo

• Old School
  • 4,663 posts
LoL, don't think that glass is the only way to go. Many times you can get a much kooler bong for less, just don't make it glass. I have a few acrylic ones, and they are awesome!!! I got an 18" double chambered bong for 30 bucks.... it always gets most of the attention - even over the 150 dollar glass bong I have - LoL, so, I'd go with something other then glass if you aren't looking to spend like, 150-200 dollars.

Rasta_Man

Rasta_Man

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 11,175 posts
Acrlyics: as cheap as $8 - $90

Glass: as cheap as $40 - $400

There are some wicked zongs at my local headshop.

IGotTheCottons

IGotTheCottons

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 18,947 posts

for 150 you will get a pretty nice bong. it wont just be a regular one, it will probably have some color to it and maybe a marble or something on it. thing about bongs is they can vary so much in quality that the best way is to just go to the headshop and look around. im sure youll find something you like that is in your price range.

That's what I was sayin... I said for a foot tall decent bong. They have plain glass ones without any color or anything for cheaper... But if you want something that looks nice, you can expect to dish out around a buck fifty. This all varies by location and the different headshops though...

As someone said a little bit ago... Just look around. You'll find something you like within your price range. You can always get a pretty nice bubbler for $80, if you don't want to dish out so much for a bong..

smokyey3z

smokyey3z

(0_o)

• Old School
  • 1,320 posts
Posted Image

yah this is a bubbler i got for around 60$ in my area

it all depends where u live

wDonnel

wDonnel

Bong Smoker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 462 posts
a onefoot glass bong might cost around 30 dollars at almost every place

however, the headshop in my area is totally ridiculous the same thing would cost 100, no joke, which is why i buy when im at college, or online, thanx gcity

NowaPolska

NowaPolska

• Registered Upgraded
  • 280 posts

Local headshops usually overcharge. The ones around here sell pieces that you can get online for like $80 for double or tripple that... Which is why I buy strictly off-line... Or in NYC :D They usually have good prices.

A foot tall bong, made of glass, nothin too too fancy... I'd expect to pay about $150ish for a decent piece.

That sounds about right to me. Or you could get a clear glass one with a sticker of a shroom or a leaf for 80-100ish. I got mine for 200, and its a buety.

Edit: I don't like online headies though. Love going to the local place where everybody knows your name.

DurbanPoison

DurbanPoison

Gonzo

• Old School
  • 4,663 posts

Edit: I don't like online headies though. Love going to the local place where everybody knows your name.

Exactly.

stoned_soldier

stoned_soldier

BOOGA BOOGA!! jaywalker

• Old School
  • 3,394 posts
my acrylic foot long bong was $24.95 CDN plus tax.. that comes out to $3.75 more, add that up i'm too lazy for that shit..

but for glass ones expect to pay $50+ especially if it's thicker glass or coloured..

the chief in me

the chief in me

Nerdy by Nature

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
where i come from any sort of waterpipe, or even a pipe with a carb is illegal, so we dont have headshops. However, there are plenty of blowers who will make you a custom piece, good bong might go around upwards of $40. Theres always the jam shows too.

Namynam

Namynam

New School Attitude

• Old School
  • 2,814 posts
you like to buy your bongs at the Cheer's bar?

Pandalo

Pandalo

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey guys, just wanted ya'll to know, I ended up getting a REALLY NICE (imo) foot high bong for about $50! It's all glass and came with a bowl, so I'm not too sure what you guys were all talking about...pics will go up sometime tonight! Now i need to figure out how to use the damn thing, it doesn't have a carb...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users