Post your unpopular musical opinions.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Hagakure, Jul 31, 2010.

1. That made me lol, but I won't say anything considering the topic.

2. #42 who are you, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2010

hahaha I take it you either like Lil Wayne or hate Kid Cudi. :p Though I will admit that was an exaggeration, and I do know there are other good modern rappers

3. Lady Gaga is my shit
    808s and Heartbreak is my shit
    Wiz Khalifa is wack
    Rockwell Knuckles is the best rapper in the world

4. I know we are supposed to let that slide but..I'm with you :p Most people I know don't even know who he is!

5. Every rapper who died at or before his peek is overrated
    biggie
    big l
    tupac
    big pun
    ODB

Old School Hiphop > Mainstream Hiphop > Underground HipHop

Kanye and lil Wayne are two of the best hiphop artists of all time

6. I both like Lil Wayne AND hate Kid Cudi, but moreso hate Kid Cudi. I think Lil Wayne is good as a novelty act and that's about as far as I look into him. I don't think he's as great as everyone thinks, but he entertains me.

7. Maybe my hatred for him wouldn't be as strong if he wasn't-as you already said- so overrated. But to each his own :smoke:

8. ICP and horrorcore is crap

Everyone is a sellout

Sampling is whack, YO

ambient music is good

9. *snore*

10. Yup. Not saying he isn't dope, just saying he is overrated. Most of his freestyles are written and he struggles with riding the beat on some of his songs. Case and point MVP. And a lot of people know who he is.

11. J. Cole > Any New Rapper within the past decade, with exception to Lupe Fiasco.
    John Frusciante is a better musician than most guitarists from the past 2 decades.
    BoB sucks dick.

12. I cant stand yelling in songs, especially by bands that are not screamo bands. By yelling, I do not mean screaming. Screaming, if executed correctly sounds good (although I dont listen to much screamo/hardcore at all, I used to.)

Four Year Strong is overrated, this is coming from a huge fan, been to at least 10 shows and a video shoot.

The greatest reggae album of all time is Equal Rights by Peter Tosh

Angry music is terrible, if I am indulging my ears in music, I enjoy being happy rather than angry or depressed. (this includes Nirvana)

dubstep is the next huge genre, not mainstream- but much like college kids with their acoustic guitars were huge on myspace (myspace bands are dead)

bit of a rant, sorry if I offended anyone.

13. #53 yorkshirebunnin, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2010

OOF thats a big call on equal rights, i would put it within my top 3 reggae albums, but i personally think Heart of the Congos is the number 1 reggae album :smoke:

I am a massive dubstep fan and have been for years, but i think that it peaked in 2006 and has been steadily going downhill since then, it is now my least favourite genre and has created a horrible little sub-culture of fans who think theyre part of a new "scene", ITS NOT NEW ITS BEEN AROUND SINCE LIKE 2002!

dub reggae/roots and UK garage is the music of the gods, followed by hip hop and rock n roll (WHEN DONE WELL)

lil wayne can suck on my unwashed nutsack

Jehst is the best rapper alive

Metallica - Master of Puppets is one of the top ten best albums ever

I have an unnatural tendency to enjoy Neil Sedaka (and im only 20 years old :eek:)

IRATION STEPPAS ARE DE GENERAL!! that is all

EdiT: Idiotech is the only exceptional tune radiohead have ever made

14. i agree with this apart from big pun, my man had a sick flow

15. Korn is now the Johnathan Davis experience...

Metallica sucks, cept for... wait, they suck...

Creed is good...

Uriah Heep is the original emo...

Dave Matthews Band only has one good song...

Puddle of Mudd is better at being Nervana then Pearl Jam or Kurt Cobain...

Courtney Love makes me giggle...

Dave Ghroul (sorry for the spelling Dave) is a good muscian...

The guy from 3 Doors Down looks like he has downs syndrome...

Wes Borlan isn't a sellout...

I would bang Corey Taylor...

Jared Letto needs more Jared Letto...

Okay, I'm all out....

16. I feel the same way about "metalcore"

17. justin bieber sucks!

18. Too true! Short memory on some people. Lady G, New? Creative? My ass. Seriously.

Murdermore, I respect your opinion, but do you really believe that mainstream rap > underground hip-hop? If so, straight up why? I asked somebody else recently, a friend of a friend, why he feels that way and he said while underground hip-hop is all right, none of them are popular. And I was like ... and... but that was all I got from it. Help me out? In your opinion, why is underground inferior to mainstream?

19. :eek: dear god i hope your joking!

20. Creed has its merits Mark Tremonti is an excellent guitarist not so much in Creed but listen to Alter Bridge. But thats pretty much it haha. Scott Stapp is the biggest douche known to man...and now hes back. This is what Creed could have been if their singer din't suck.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz_j7nVCJJ0]YouTube - Alter Bridge - Blackbird[/ame]