Post your unpopular musical opinions.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Hagakure, Jul 31, 2010.

Jack White, Cage the Elephant, Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, etc. It just gets little airtime.

2. #4882 PC555, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    I like the post-Peter Cetera version of Chicago. Jason Scheff isn't as good of a vocalist, but he does have heart and he's a great bass player. I think Chicago 18 and 19 are good albums. They're definitely not the band at their best, but they're good 80s pop/rock albums. 21 however is bad.  30 is good though and their newest one NOW is actually incredible. 

I also really like Trans by Neil Young. If people just saw it for the kickass synthpop album that it is, it wouldn't have such a bad reputation. 

3. Tupac is the fakest rapper of all time

4. Alright so they were popular at a time, but I really enjoy Jamiroquai
    I also think people seriously underwrite or misconceive DJ Jazzy Jeff, turn on some of his new stuff and you'll be seriously impressed, great beats, lyrics, rhythm, and great scratching, like real scratching lol 

5. I agree with you 100% except for that last part about styling your hair. How does wanting to look nicer mean your taking yourself too seriously. That would also be like saying if you put on a suit and tie you also take yourself too seriously.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #4886 akzeronine, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
    Fuck dubstep. Dubstep makes me want to set things on fire.  If these young, cool, hip kids going to their "killer dubstep parties" where everyone looks around at each other an all in union say "WAIT FOR THE DROP, MAAAN!" knew that they were listening to half speed drum and bass, I wonder what they'd think. Every bassline used ever in the history of dubstep from it's beginning until it thankfully dies has already been laid down by at least 12 drum and bass producers. Every synth, every stab, every single last fucking bit of it. All from drum and bass. I've put almost half of my life into drum and bass. The only thing I ever wanted to do was spread the music and maybe make a few people dance. To see legions of kids jumping on this dubstep bullshit is infuriating. Those people probably don't even have any idea what people like me and others across the entire globe have been doing for the last 15, 17, 20 years. I gotta step out of this thread.

7. Dude in 2 years nobody will remember any of these dubstep producers or songs. It's a fad don't worry

Sent from my HTC One mini using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Im pissed at how the Red Hot Chili Peppers refined their sound to appeal to a wider audience. I hate to say they sold out but its true. Old school 90s Chili Peppers is so fucking grimy I love it, heavy bass, crazy drums, whole thing was great. Now they make pussy campfire music. It sucks. But I guess people like it, more power to em.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Emo as a genre is most certainly not dead. Infact, there's quite the emo revival going on right now.

10. Jimi Hendrix. Led Zeppelin. The Doors. The Rolling Stones. CCR. Metallica? This is where the great stuff began man.

11. 2 pac is wayyyyy too hyped up than what he really is. He's over-rated and only a decent rapper.

the time of dubstep/brostep - as you guys are describing it anyway - has come and gone, all those kids are into trap and big room house now

13. DVDA is the best band ever

14. 70/80's rock beats every other genre of music

'Too blessed to be stressed'

15. i like slipknot

fuck the beatles, bob marley, dubstep, tupack, cuntry, and im sure theres more

16. The music being put out and going mainstream is just fucking garage anyone could make up a beat on a computer and just spit out random bullshit along with it. Why is this okay now? What happen to the reality in music? And most importantly the creativity! Its sad to see.

17. Stevie Ray Vaughan is the best guitar player of all time

18. Why does every one talk shit about rap kendrick lamar is main stream artist and so is Lupe fiasco you have to look for good rap artists like joey baddass

19. #4899 Oni-Jin Spiritus Genitus, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    Rappers today sound better than ever....
    ....at the expense of saying anything meaningful
    there's a world full of Hendrixes
    but only one Merman Voodoo Chile

20. It's true. All about the EDM now.

Being a stoner, I may be committing heresy in saying this:
    I don't like Pink Floyd.