Post your unpopular musical opinions.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Hagakure, Jul 31, 2010.

1. It also depends what you consider "rock." Basement, Tigers Jaw, Glocca Morra, etc are all fantastic bands but they're not your standard "rock" bands.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #4762 macrvxx, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
    I also listen to a lot from that Northern scene, ATM. Title Fight, Tiger's Jaw, Pity Sex, Cloakroom, etc. while they are all great bands, it's not what I meant by "rock". I'm referring to the wailing guitar solos, powerful, bitching rock. The Stooges, Deep Purple, Sabbath, bands of that nature. This emo revival we are seeing in the last few years has produced some great work, but it's far from late sixties, early seventies rock and roll.

Signed, John E. Smoke.

3. I kinda fuck with Miley Cyrus

• Like Like x 3
  4. Out of curiosity. Because i never really hear anyone who listens to the music i listen to.

Do any of yall listen to Newish underground rap.

Funk Volume 
    Strange Music
    Brother Lynch
    Twisted insane.
    Mr Liqz

Etc?

5. I enjoy classical music.  Symphonies orchestras and the like.  Doesn't seem to be very popular and definitely not cool.  Also not sure why QOTSA aren't more popular, very good rock band.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yeah, I figured that's what you meant. To bring it back to your original point, it is very saddening rap and electro rule the airwaves today.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Tell me about it, man. I can't turn on the radio without cringing after about 2.7 seconds. It's become so overdone that it should die out soon, though. It's become very commercialized.

Signed, John E. Smoke.

8. most electronic music is terrible

• Like Like x 3
  9. #4769 Rattlesnake Bob, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014

i feel like all of those bands are up their own ass and try way too hard

edit: and i've chilled with glocca morra, actually opened up for them once years ago, was into that scene pretty heavy at one point

10. As someone who has been to many raves, most Current top 40 electronic music is truly Awful. EDM IS A PLAGUE.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  11. i like slipknot and korn.  someone should bring back nu metal

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kendrick Lamar is incredibly overrated and average-good at best

13. #4773 toasted247, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    It should be a law that everyone has to watch Live videos of Metallica from 1989 - 1992.

This doesn't really follow the topic but whatever.

• Like Like x 1
  14. rap is horrible. How do people consider it music.

15. Rap artists should not repeat their name and record label over and over at the beginning of the song.

I also hate mindless repetition of the song title. I thought everyone hates that, but it's been so popular lately I don't know what to think of it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. my thoughts on electronic music: there is a difference between harnessing technology as an extension of creativity and using it to cheat your way thru a composition.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Swing Metal is awesome.

There's an unpopular opinion.

18. I hate Bruno Mars

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. The result of Beatles mating is live Offspring
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRtAO-nffz0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F9yPX4m3ak
    Si?

20. I think the Beatles are overrated

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2