Hardcore, Metalcore, Deathcore Thread

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Indica1222, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Im pretty sure that when anyone talks about metallica being good, they mean early metallica...

2. so far napalm death is the best band mentioned in this thread, and they're not any of these genres.

3. I dont get why you hardcore fanboys feel the need to stick around in a metalcore deathcore thread. It was obvious OP didn't mean the OG hardcore you listen to and meant post-hardcore.

When you want the brutals come back to this thread. Otherwise go listen to another punk CD and think about the collapse of the U.S. government.

4. my bad bro.

5. Isnt napalm Death really oldshcool grindcore? I didnt know grindcore and hardcore where the samething..... Maybe back when all the "core" started it was....

6. #46 Dryice, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2010
    Well this thread wasn't the grindcore thread either, eh?

PS: I wasn't focusing on the fact he talked about Napalm Death.

7. its not. napalm death is grindcore. thats why i said 'theyre none of these genres'.

and theres no 'core' stuff. before this metalcore/deathcore shit, there were two cores. and its no big fucking deal. hardcore and grindcore. often considered just GRIND. people who complain about this 'core' problem know dick about punk and metal. they hear bring me the horizon and think they've heard it all.

8. My roommate loves BMTH. Not a big fan. :( My friend that got me into the metalcore deathcore scene actually tried to start me on real Hardcore (probably Not Without Resistance). I just really dislike the drumming in punk songs. That's the biggest reason I stray away from that shit.

9. i dont know how anyone can love that cookie cutter shit. sounds like a giant breakdown. and i dont like those chugga chugga breakdowns to begin with haha.

i saw converge live once, they're the closest i get to liking metalcore.

10. That's what I listen for is the breakdowns, haha. So to each their own, eh? I certainly know people that don't like breakdowns. I happen to think they're extremely moving.

Converge is too light for me to listen to anymore, haha. I think I got started on them though. When I started with like As I Lay Dying shit it was just a downward spiral into more brutal shit.

It's only cookie cutter if you find the wrong bands. There are a ton of them doing each others shit, but there are still bands doing their own thing.

11. what do you think of traditional death metal, like Autopsy?

12. Napalm Death were pretty much the epitome of grindcore, and later went in a much more death metal oriented direction. Amazing band, throughout all their changes.

13. SCUM is one of the best punk albums ever.

14. Autopsy isn't too bad. Death Metal as a whole, is okay. Like I said the majority of the reason I'm listening to the heavy shit is for breakdowns, and death metal is notably lacking in the modern breakdown.

15. I love deathcore, but I've noticed most people who like it took a certain transition route to liking it. I haven't met many people who started listening to it straight up. Through my experiences, the most common transitions are from

"Scene" route-I have a friend who listened to emo/scene/metalcore who got into deathcore from that

Death Metal- a few people I know who enjoy deathcore started by listening to old-school death metal or old grind.

Punk- this is what I listened to before getting into deathcore. I mostly listened to old-school hardcore punk like Minor Threat, Black Flag, and even pop-punk like Anti-Flag and Blink 182 (who I love, don't care)

Rap- for people who love Emmure hahaha

16. ya'll need to get down with some POWERVIOLENCE

take them song structures to a new level

17. Lol, I'm a musician. Complexity really means nothing to me anymore. I used to be awestruck by a ton of fast paced legato-esque music, doesn't do it for me anymore. Slow it up, break it down!

/karate dance

:p

Anyways I have to move a huge pile of shit around with a bulldozer. So time to jam angry, smoke a bowl, and do that. Do not operate heavy equipment under the influence.

18. this one might be risky
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osbnuk3Kd2k]YouTube - We Came As Romans - Dreams[/ame]

19. Given the logic behind the whole meaning of "metalcore" and "deathcore", I guess bands like Pantera and Suffocation are the biggest metalcore and deathcore acts of all time....

20. this is probably the biggest band in the local deathcore "scene" around where I live (which I'm not really apart of). I think they're okay, but I haven't fallen in love with them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2YILBfjgYc]YouTube - The Acacia Strain - Skynet Music Video[/ame]