Really Want Marijuana Legalized? Then Answer this Question

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by oltex, Jul 24, 2010.

1. puts women in danger? is this reefer madness again

2. taxes retard. more money coming into the system, less being spent on prosecuting something thats not hurting anyone.

the roaring 20s was only roaring because alcohol was illegal... and you wasted that many key strokes for what?

i graduated high school, enough stupid rules because someone before you said so. lets start thinking for ourselves, after all we are all grown ups now.

3. wtf was she trying to say with that lol

4. Hasn't this been discussed to death? Legalization provides the following benefits:

Fewer people in prison. Most of the prison sentences handed out are two nonviolent, first time marijuana possession charges. People spend 6 months to a year in prison and learn how to be a better criminal. There is no sort of reform program and the convicts can't get a job or find a place to live so they go back to crime.

Tax revenue. No matter how you feel about it, Marijuana will and should be taxed just like alcohol and tobacco. In order to have services like roads, we need tax dollars. It's a small price to pay for freedom. I'm willing to sacrifice some cash for the good of my nation.

Community. History has frequently been made in the pubs and coffee houses throughout history. By providing a safe, comfortable area for citizens to congregate, the sense of community can be strengthened.

Lower crime. Bring the marijuana out of the dealers and cartel's hands and away from back alleys and sketchy neighborhoods. If it's legal, costs drop, anyone can grow, and the power criminals have is reduced dramatically.

Respect. Allowing people to make their own choices and learn from them is empowering. Don't tell me what to do. Let me decide for myself and learn. People don't respect a nanny state.

5. What happened to children during alcohol prohibition?

6. For me its a simple issue.

Should the government regulate what we want to put in our bodies, regardless of effect?

I say no, that is not the government's job.

If you think the federal responsibility is to monitor our safety and wellbeing at all times, why do we allow the possession and manufacturing of weapons? Why do we allow McDonalds and any other resteraunt with health concerns to operate? Can you imagine a day when alcohol prohibition will return? (really? weirdo)

And for children, is it Washington's responsibility to keep your children off of drugs or is it yours' as parents? I really don't think anything else needs to be said on this, it should be a very obvious fucking answer.

Gulping five gallons of maple syrup of day is terrible for your health. Should there be a quantity limit for customers of syrup based products? Should there be a registry to make sure there are no cheaters? We're just looking out for their health afterall.

7. It's illegal to go to work intoxicated,
    so that includes marijuana,
    so if your stoner doctor or dumbass lawyer goes to work stoned,
    he's actually doing something illegal that they should get convicted for.

Making your whole spiel on intoxicated work,
    stupid and senseless.

8. with prop 19 you can't get busted for being High at work. The new deal is they have to Prove physical impairment on site. If they can't, you're safe with as much THC as you can handle.

This comes from the understanding that THC drug testing is wrong when it is in your system much longer than the euphoric affects & from the understanding that being high is quite the opposite of being drunk.

some people can't work stoned
    some people can't work sober

do what you need~

9. Please copy and paste the paragraph from Proposition 19 that says they have to prove impairment at the site.

Any day now the drug czar will request congress to finance the recent use marijuana detection
    device developed by Phillip and announced last fall. He has been building up to it with all his rants about drugged driving every time he gets close to a microphone.
    Prohibition Hi-Tech Tool: Just Another Anti-Marijuana Silver Bullet?

It was developed by Philips which is a subsidiary of Motorola,where it just so happens ex-DEA administrator Karen Tandy is an adviser/lobbyist.
    The machine is expensive as all new technology is and he is building the case for buying it for his drugged driving laws he is trying to get all states to adopt.
    Of course it only detects marijuana use and even though statistics show a drop in highway deaths for the last five years it will cost us millions in tax dollars but it will make Tandy rich. More good ol boy/girl politics.
    The problem is that with legalization it will be also said that employers will need the device for use on their workforce to insure that workers are not reporting to work stoned.

10. you heard my arguments, if you would like me to go more in depth into my arguments please let me know and i will be more than happy to.
    i suggest next time you make a thread like this on grasscity that you take the negativity somewhere else, and you actually back up your arguments with.... well with anything at all really cause that would be better than what you have here.

11. " Section 11304: Effect of Act and Definitions... (c) No person shall be punished, fined, discriminated against, or be denied any right or privilege for lawfully engaging in any conduct permitted by this Act or authorized pursuant to Section 11301 of this Act. Provided however, that the existing right of an employer to address consumption that actually impairs job performance by an employee shall not be affected. "

You can’t be punished or denied privileges based on pot smoking. The only exception is employers preventing you from smoking pot on the job.

Note the “actually impairs job performance” language. This is the loophole through which some attorney is going to drive a big truck delivering us freedom from workplace pee testing for cannabis. Pee test metabolites do not prove workplace impairment.

...from what i understand, Prop 215 in NO way protects you from being fired from your job as a medical patient upon drug testing.

Unions- Get behind Prop 19 and vote YES

12. I know there's a lot more to this article to argue and refute, but I chose to tackle this particular paragraph.

#1. "Children", under any current or future law, are not legally allowed to consume ANY form of alcohol, tobacco, or marijuana.

#2. Children cannot legally "drink" cough medicine. ALL forms of OTC and prescription medicine are supposed to be "taken as directed". Anything above and beyond the legal recommended dosage is technically illegal, and one doesn't have to be a doctor to realize that "robo tripping" is consumption well over the legal limit. This is illegal abuse, and therefore an invalid argument in this discussion.

#3. Again, "children" cannot legally smoke even marijuana alternatives. All tobacco products, regardless of use or design, are only legally obtained by those 18 years of age or older, whom are considered adults. This is illegal abuse, and therefore an invalid argument in this discussion.

#4. I'm not going to be ignorant and say there are no alcoholics who are also doctors, but the chances of finding your surgeon drunk are FAR lower than finding other professionals that you rely on heavily during your daily life. Same goes for lawyers. People in these professions who happen to smoke tend to have the respect to smoke after-hours, in much the same way they might use alcohol today to "unwind" with a drink or two after work, not while on the damn job. And remember, doctors and lawyers could obtain marijuana NOW, yet do we have rampant problem with malpractice due to marijuana abuse, or are the statistics much higher for finding them using other hard (prescription) drugs illegally? (painkillers, anti-depressents, etc.)

This article attempts to speak to legalization issues by providing examples and scenarios that are illegal today, and would remain illegal in the future under any MJ or MMJ law. Therefore I see it as a failed argument overall.

13. "Note the “actually impairs job performance” language. This is the loophole through which some attorney is going to drive a big truck delivering us freedom from workplace pee testing for cannabis. Pee test metabolites do not prove workplace impairment."

If an employer decides you are impaired because you dropped his $5000 electronic micrometer on the floor 3 times the lawyer better be good.
    Check out the recent use detection machine here

14. Yes it would. It would stop innocent people from going to jail, thereby saving millions of our tax money for nothing, and it would stop these people from getting an unnecessary criminal record for the rest of their life for reasons that are completely harmless. It would take away the cannabis trade from the black market, which we all know is dangerous and harmful to our society, and put it in safer hands. It would end the tyranny that exists right now to keep cannabis illegal.

15. that he even asks that question loses him any credibility with me. there are obvious answers.

a large crime-generating black market exists for marijuana. right there, beneficial to the economy: legalizing makes that a white market from which society benefits. secondary to that, benefit to society in the form of lessened crime. not to mention adding freedoms benefits every individual.

these are pretty obvious, i think, if you are of average intelligence and actually attempt to discern possible answers to your question,,,

16. Absolutely amazing argument, I actually printed out a copy of your post so I can stew some responses. This piece is the easiest so I will start with this. This phenomena constantly is seen in society and has less to do with addiction and more to do with human nature. As a whole in many cases of youth, the percieved cases of immortality and the ability to conduct actions that are impervious to consequences. This is due to the individuals inability to see the scope of their actions but the scope of the future. This changes over time. This mimics addiction because in addiction the person may be able to see the consequences but favor the activity more, but in this case the individual is unable to see the scope of their actions and the consequences.

Plain and simple, some people are stupid and feel bullet proof, plain and simple. They can't see their limits and feel that they are above the system. The cure for this is a firm slap in the face and in this case a slap upon the wrists.

17. about the whole lazyness thing.. im actually way more productive when im high(sativa). things that i would be like "i dont wanna do that, it looks long and boring", if i were high it would be like "lets get this shit done.. bitches"

18. oltex since i took the time to answer each and everyone one of your arguments i would appreciate a response.

19. #39 oltex, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2010
    Don't shoot the messenger. Do I need to put a disclaimer on the article,I did not write it and I can't imagine how to even argue for what the idiot that did write it said.:wave:

I post all kinds of news,the good with the bad,because when you have heard the worst it is easy to
    refute and rebuke the myths. I never saw anything in the posting rules proclaiming only "good news" could be posted here or is this a rule you thought up all by your self?
    I post stories about the cartel wars so we can be aware and informed on the current conflict our government"s prohibition gave birth to.
    I post information on hemp because knowledge is all we have.
    You never know when the smallest scrap of information is the tidbit it takes to shut a prohibitionist"s lies and propaganda off.

The drug warriors have spent over a trillion dollars of tax money,used military tactics,imprisonment,
    financial devastation,social shunning and lies,while all the tokers have used is science,the truth and our wits.
    The tokers are winning!!! Latest Angus Reid Poll: 52% of America Want Marijuana Legalization

20. yes you most definitely should because i thought you were the idiot who wrote it, and i think that most other people in this thread thought the same, because you made no indication that it was written by anyone else.