Anyone else hate Bic-style lighters?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Ammolite, Jul 23, 2010.

1. i never had this problem and im a daily toker and cig smoker
    use a magnify glass to light your bowls
    oh, wait, that might be to much weight for your little brittle hands

2. Why do people complain about wheels on bics?

OP has obviously never owned a cheap 50 cent lighter youd tear all the skin off your finger before you got it to light because you'd be striking that rough ass wheel all day

Experiences like that made me appreciate bics :)

Sent from my Prism using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I know what you mean, your fingers get used to the metal wheels quite fast though.
    I gave up on those metal wheel thingies after I once found myself unable to light anything with those, although that can be attributed to quite a bit of factors, I just got myself one of those electric lighters.

Press down a button and a flame pops up.

Otherwise, check your local tobacco shop (or your headshop, but I found that tobacco shops have a greater choice in lighters). They typically have a nice selection of still decently priced, nice lighters. I got one for 12 bucks which looked like a small metal box and it lasted a year. I miss that thing.

4. Use the bic push ignite lighters then, and wrap bee line around it

5. You can always use a magnafing glass to get solar powered lights from the sun. Works well. No bad butane taste. Just pure bud.

6. my burnt fingers are not keen on bic

takes me back though

teinth of soap bar , golden Virginia red rizlas and a bic lighter

the joys of being 10 years old hahahahaha

7. Bic's are my daily driver but zippos are nice for lighting j's and the ones with the torch flame have an electrical flint so you don't have to spark it. that's probably what you should go for dude 

8. use of side of your finger

9. Clippers work better than Bics in my opinion. You also can go with hempwick.

10. im not to picky

11. I think I'm gonna start worshipping Sansocal.  He successfully ressurected a three year old thread.  Lol jk bro I don't hate.  I can't stand BICs because they die on me too fast.  Cheepo lighters for me.

12. i went to michaels, and bought some 100% natural hemp string and then got some pure beeswax mini candles and boiled the candles down, soaked the hemp wick in the beeswax for a good 5 minutes and let it cool on some paper towel and you have the most perfect hemp wick for healthy fuckin smoking. make sure you push the hemp wick between your fingers to get the extra wax off, it will just burn you. :metal: :bongin:

13. I lose lighters like mad, so I just buy 4 crack lighters for like a dollar.

How much do you smoke?  I have been smoking all day for years and I have never had the nefarious metal wheel hurt me :p..

Just look for the lighters with the push to light shiiit

15. Any body else use clipper lighters? They might be exclusive to the UK, but they're certainly my favourite!

16. I could never hate a Bic.

We got em here in the US too.  Or at least California.  Mine is on the fast track to becoming my new favorite.

18. I myself don't like using anything other than bics, but I always pry the child safety off.