Anyone else hate Bic-style lighters?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Ammolite, Jul 23, 2010.

1. I really hate using Bic lighters -- the little metal grated wheel is not my friend, and always hurts my fingers/nails, even with the childproof bit removed. It sounds silly, but when you smoke as much as I do, it's a problem.

I much prefer to use a Scripto barbecue/stove lighter, because of its more comfortable mechanism, but I really need to get a proper lighter that's more discreet, more portable, and lasts longer.

Any ideas? Are there any other lighters of a different style (NO nefarious metal wheels) that work well?

2. any decent smoke shop or cigar shop should have a decent offering of all sorts of lighters most do have a metal wheel but you might be able to find a couple that dont. barring that you could try matches or the whole soldering iron thing people on here talk about but it sounds like your after something portable so it probably wont work.

3. i love bic

4. bics are by far the best lighter. just use a screw driver to pry the child safety off, then it will work 100% fine.

5. Those piezo-powered lighters are the best ! Have seen em for 7,10,20.00 and up. I have one that looks like a scuba tank thats re-fillable. 10 bucks, its over a year old. I use 5X filtered butane, as is always recommended for good lighters. Good luck w/the flame !

6. lighters taste like shit in general.

7. Just buy a mobile lighter box like the ones that are integrated into your vehicles & use it to light your beeline, can't go wrong with that.

8. they have electric push button lighters mayn

9. I swear by bic's

But i'm on that BeeWax Wick swag now.

But I'd rather use a bic than any other fuel shooting lighter.

edit: also a torch is awesome for bong rips. as a matter of fact i need to buy one.

10. Learn to use a lighter not to sound like a dick...But i never had sore fingers nails from a lighter...Ever and i use them alot!

11. get the lighters that have the electric spark. i personally think those are annoying but it seems like your only choice unless you get a box of matches where you can strike anywhere. those are pretty sick

12. Just take a knife and take off the little safety thing. Lighting it after that is so easy and never hurts your fingers lol

13. Your fingers are weak and you need to work them out more.

Go smoke.

14. i dont really use em anymore b/c i use hempwick/beeline and i have a torch lighter i like that i use to light the wick/line

but i use bics when not at my usual spot

15. what are you talking about? Bics are the only lighters I use when i'm using a lighter. I vape now so that really isn't ever needed.

16. you obviously don't smoke that much if the lighter still hurts your fingers.

17. Bic makes a click lighter as well. Bic is by far the best lighter for your money, but yeah get a click it Bic.

18. Dude if a lighter is hurting you stop smoking like for real

A lot of stoners take off the guard because we light our bowls more than a cig smoker would. If the guard is off and you're still crying.... I have no idea

Go work out maybe?

19. Look for a Cricket lighter. They are so light and smooth, it's refreshing. Although a Bic without the metal guard are pretty nice too. Here's what Cricket's look like.

20. Clipper. Refillable, comes with a poker