How to make a cannabis alcohol tincture. Vodka, Schnapps, Brandy, etc.
THC, the main psychoactive chemical in marijuana (cannabis), is not readily digested by itself. Because THC is alcohol soluble it can be extracted into alcohol in order to make it more accessible to the body.
theCannabisChef recommends using a liquor with at least 50% alcohol.
3/4oz/22g finely ground cannabis
3fl oz/90ml alcohol (such as brandy, rum, vodka*)
*Different cannabis concoctions will taste better using a certain kind of alcohol. Refer to recipe.
DECARB your bud first! Place on cookie sheet in the oven at 150 degrees (F) for an hour or so, until the bud is dry and crumbles into a powder when rolled between your thumb and index finger.
1. Soak the cannabis powder in water for 12 hours to remove any water-soluble impurities.
2. Drain excess water.
3. Put cannabis powder in an airtight container such as a mason jar.
4. Pour alcohol over cannabis.
5. Store in a cool dark place for at least 10 days. The longer the better.
6. Shake the container several times a day.
7. Filter through a strainer to remove solid particles. Repeat as necessary.
can keep in the bottle.
Cannabis Cooking Oil
Learn how to make a cannabis cooking oil (marijuana oil).
Cannabis cooking oil is a mixture of extracted cannabinoids and a cooking oil. We recommend using extra virgin olive oil. You can cook with cannabis oil in any recipe that calls for oil.
28oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1oz/28g of finely ground marijuana (or up to 1/4 LB commercial grade)
Making the Cannabis Oil:
1. Pour oil into a large saucepan.
2. Heat on a medium setting, and let it warm up.
3. Do not let the oil boil! This is very important for making quality cannabis oil.
4. Once the oil is hot, but not boiling, you may add the cannabis powder.
5. Stir frequently, and watch for bubbles. If the oil begins to boil remove it from the heat.
6. Continue for at least 1 hour, we suggest allowing the bud to soak in the hot oil for about 2 hours.
You can use cannabis oil in place of regular oil in any recipe! Or use on a fresh pot leaf salad! Using this method, 1oz of oil should contain the equivalent quantity of cannabinoids as 1 gram of marijuana. Use sparingly, and do not start with more than one ounce of this oil. You may eat more as needed.
How to make a flour from cannabis leaf material.
Cannabis flour can be used in many of the recipes here.
Cannabis leaf and flower material*
*all stems and seeds should be removed
1. Grind the leaf material in a coffee grinder or food processor into an extremely fine powder.
2. Sift the powder to remove any debris.
3. Store in refrigerator.
Cannabutter Method #1
Crumble (or crush) some cannabis tops, enough to fill a boiling pot roughly 1/3 full. Using a mixture of 1-part butter and 4-parts water, fill the pot until it is about 3/4 full. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 30 minutes. Stir frequently.
After 30 minutes, remove debris from the bottom of the pot. Strain with Cheesecloth . Cool at room temperature and then transfer to a refrigerator. The butter will form on the top and, once it has been thoroughly cooled, will harden so it can be removed from the pot. After removing the butter, discard the remaining water.
Cannabutter Method #2
Using a saucepan, melt butter. Sift the marijuana and add it to the melted butter. Allow the mixture to simmer until the butter becomes green in color. Pour the mixture through Cheesecloth and press that saturated cannabis to squeeze out as much butter as possible. Repeat this process if extra potency is required (be sure to use the same butter for best results).
The cannabutter can be effectively frozen if it needs to be stored. It can also be stored in the refrigerator by pouring cold water over the top of the butter (the water keeps oxygen from reaching the butter and also stops the butter from floating to the top).
There are a variety of other methods for making cannabutter, all of which are effective yet somewhat similar to those previously described. Once you've gotten used to cooking with cannabis, you will be able to find a technique that works best for you depending on the preparations methods you prefer.
How to make CannaMilk (Cannabis Milk)
How to make cannamilk for use in various recipes.
THC, the main psychoactive chemical in marijuana (cannabis), is not readily digested by itself. Because THC is fat soluble it can be extracted into milk in order to make it more accessible to the body.
1 cup/250ml Whole Milk or Cream
1/8oz/4g of finely ground cannabis*
*The finer the powdered cannabis, the better this method will work.
1. Add the milk and cannabis to a pan over medium heat.
2. Allow mixture to come to a boil, and then allow to simmer for about an hour.
3. Allow to cool and then pour into an airtight container in the refrigerator until needed. Use before the sell by date on the milk used.
How to make Green Dragon
Learn how to make the popular cannabis infused alcohol!
It is important to DECARB your marijuana before following this tutorial. To do this place the cannabis on a baking sheet in the oven at 150°F for 30-60 minutes. The marijuana should crumble easily.
1/2-1oz finely ground and dried cannabis
10-20oz High proof alcohol (we recommend Bacardi 151 Rum)
Making the Green Dragon:
1. Place the finely ground and dried marijuana into an airtight container.
2. Pour alcohol over the cannabis, and put the lid on the container.
3. Store in a cool, shaded space for at least 10 days. The longer you wait, the better.
4. Shake several times a day.
5. Strain to remove plant matter. 6. Serve and enjoy!
have a nice day. = )
Edited by shitty smitty, 21 July 2010 - 02:52 PM.
had to bold and underline