Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

So is there such a thing as thin, strong glass?

• Please log in to reply

cryingpeanuts

cryingpeanuts

Watch your kids.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 859 posts
So im really stoned right now and surfing gc obviously so sorry if this doesnt make any sense. But I was looking at a thread about whats better, thick shittily made glass? or thin finely crafted glass? I think it depends on if the blower can make the thin glass as strong as the thick glass. But witch ones better? I guess that depends on the stoner. But personally I think thin strong glass is the way to go. What do you guys think?
Many thanks, CP!:smoke:

Mikeee420

Mikeee420

STAY LIT

• Registered Upgraded
  • 274 posts
Im not extremely knowledgeable on glass, but I do know a little bit, and I think that 'thin,strong glass' is an oxymoron. Glass gets its strength from its thickness, so the thicker the stronger.. and vise-versa, the thinner the weaker..

fred7506

fred7506

• Registered Upgraded
  • 188 posts
until you drop it. i dont even know if glass could be durable and thin at the same time but i also dont know much about glass

zolid

zolid

Stoned

• Registered Upgraded
  • 393 posts
When I think of strong glass I think of Sobe bottles...So yeah I'd say thicker is better just ask women ;)

ZipLockBag

ZipLockBag

Glassblower... Soon...

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,058 posts
Different kinds of glass has different strengths. For example pyrex is a fairly strong kind of glass. Also, anything poorly made is more likely to break, whether its glass, a tv, or anything else we buy. For strong glass you want quality glass, from a good blower thats nice and thick.

*c0rrupt

*c0rrupt

Coastin'

• Registered Upgraded
  • 687 posts

Different kinds of glass has different strengths. For example pyrex is a fairly strong kind of glass. Also, anything poorly made is more likely to break, whether its glass, a tv, or anything else we buy. For strong glass you want quality glass, from a good blower thats nice and thick.

this,

Thin, strong glass is not an oxymoron. You can have cheap glass that's thick but weaker than some thinner, Pyrex glass.

Left4Bud

Left4Bud

• Registered Upgraded
  • 499 posts
I defiantly think that the thicker the more durable. Sure pieces that are thin may cost more because their from a known blower, but it dosent make it any stronger.

T Puff

T Puff

• Registered Upgraded
  • 938 posts
youre just stoned

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users