HAER'S pick up's of smoking devices and more!

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by HAERWEEDSLAYER, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Yes. In a well ventilated area.

2. is it super dusty or somethin? videos on how to do this?

3. #23 HAERWEEDSLAYER, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2010
    back this time with a slide a good friend gave me:D...but last bowl of smoke:(..somethings up with photobucket:confused:

4. Yea man if you get the cheapest(low quality) carbon there's like a huge cloud of dust when your pour it out. Usually, the higher quality, the less dust but you should still rinse it.

I dont have a video, but I can explain the way I do it.

First a pour a couple handfulls into a short glass and start rinsing it by filling the glass with water then draining it out using my hand(also use a small mesh strainer to help at times).
    I rinse and drain water from the glass a bunch of times, then I let the carbon soak in water for an hour or two. Then I rinse it off some more like I did before the soak.

Then you can just let it air dry on some paper towels.

Hope this helps!

5. actually that did help thanks:D..theres diff qaulity coal? wich one do you use and how can i tell the diff when i make my purchase?

6. I use a mix of high and low quality. The low quality carbon is finer, while the higher quality is large pellets.
    I don't use an actual carbon filter piece, I made it from a glass adapter that doesn't have any hole or screen.
    First I put some large pellets on the bottom(acts as a screen) then pour the finer stuff on top.

They both work fine but the finer stuff comes in a box/carton and has more dust

7. #28 Just619, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2010
    how many b loads can you rip before you need to change that carbon? And will it really keep ash from sucking through? And, if I am using a high flow disc diffused slide does that make a difference?

8. #29 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
    Read my other posts in this thread.

The activated carbon should be changed with every gram that goes through it.

Edit:saw your edit LOL
    Yes it will keep all of the ash above the downstem even. There will be a layer of ash sitting on top of the carbon, it also removes SOME(not all) of the toxins in smoke.

The slide you use doesn't matter much, I like to use my Toro ice pinch slide.

Protip: the carbon adds drag only during the hit, so just pull it out with the slide when you clear it.

9. I am sometimes cleaning my shit after 1 rip if shit get's sucked into the perc chamber etc. I am extremely anal when it comes to clean glass. So cleaning every gram vs what I do now sometimes seems like a way better plan.

10. I would at least change the water between bowls but yea.
    Change the carbon for every gram of herb.

Just make sure to properly wash and dry the carbon before use.

11. thanks for the tips!! ill post pics as soon as i get ahold of a carbon adapter!:smoking:

12. back this time but sadly my last bowl of smoke:(.topped with some sexy kief though! ready for lift off.. [​IMG]

13. nooooooo the dreaded last bowl haha

(haha sounds like we are meth addicts)

anyway that bowl is amazing how much did it run ya

14. the spoon was 35..:smoke: thanks for showin love

15. i need some qwiso so i can clean my grinder for some hash...:smoke:

16. back with another milk shot:smoke: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id3vgL-fMLE]YouTube - NEW STEMLESS TUBE!!![/ame]

17. yes back with another... i love my tube!!!! i was multitasking in this video i was filming with my camera while toking..:smoke: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAIzA05nQZw]YouTube - 001.AVI[/ame]