Budzills CFL Grow Guide For The Complete Beginner

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Budzilla420, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Iv'e got a quick question Budzilla. So i should use 6500k for veg and 2700k for flower my question is during the seedling stage first few weeks after germination which ones should i use the 6500 or the 2700? Thanks.

2. Does anyone know the answer?

3. 6500 for seedling and veg. 2700 for flowering

4. You answered your own question. Why would you go from 2700k to 6500k and back to 2700k? The seedling isn't flowering, so it has to be vegging, no other way to look at it.

5. ^ Because when he says "place them under soft white bulbs" in the first paragragh i assume he's talking about the 2700k bulbs. I may be wrong.

6. Just a typo, he probably got mixed up doing all that typing. But it's 5000-6500k for veg and 2400-2700k for flowering. You can run one or the other throughout both stages, but all daylight will give you a short plant with medium airy buds and soft white will give you a stretched plant with smaller dense buds.

7. Cool man...Thanks.

8. any ideas on the intake and outake fans? you didn't cover those in the guide and if so what would be the best form of fans for say a 3 plant grow..

9. Quick question budzilla. My plants are only like six days old i planted on 12/8 and today i noticed that the roots were growing out the bottom so i transplanted to bigger pots did i make a mistake? They were looking pretty big for 6 days they had no strech just short with alot of outward growth... Thanks for your help.

10. Sorry i havent been keeping up with this thread, havent been on GC that much lately.

To the question above, if the roots were pushing out of the bottom holes then they were probably ready, theyll grow into the new dirt and thrive.

11. This guide is meant to be super simplistic, cheap and easy. The whole time i grew using cfls (roughly a year or so) i never used intake or exhaust fans. I had my grow box set up with holes in the top on 1 side and a hole on the bottom of the other side. Then i set the small desk fan or computer fan near the bottom hole blowing up across the plants and pointing toward the top hole. It worked fine for me for small 3-4 plant grows as i was doing

12. Cool man... Whew i was worried as shit... Took a load off my mind.

13. great guide. very user friendly

i got a few questions tho.

My grow space is about 3'x2'x6'.
    how big can i let my plants get?
    when do i switch from vegetative to flowering?
    and which would you recommend topping, fimming, LST, or Scrog?

14. i feel like i should bump this. it is a great guide. very easy to understand.(i read other guides and got confused as to what they were talking about very quickly) i was thinking about growing.. am germinating 6 bag seeds atm.

hopefully i can have a successful first grow^.^

15. This guide helped me a lot and motivated me to finally get around to growing and stop buying all my bud. Much thanks!

16. hello, getting ready to start my first grow. my friend told me that you cannot do a cfl hydroponic grow. is this true? i was planning on doing 2 plants in bubble buckets with around 200w of cfl.

17. soft white 13 watt cfi lights work?

18. Sweet! This is some pretty detailed stuff :O
    ive just got like a cheap setup goin on, got like 45ish schwag plants about 2-3 inches high all in individual party cups and i have 3, 18in. aquarium/plant tubebulbs ontop of a cage i have em in. in your guide you said you can just pick your seeds out from some bud. were you talking like getting lucky and finding a dro seed? or just schwiggity seeds?

19. I believe this part needs a little more explanation or pictures to show what you mean because it's a little hard to follow. It would be nice if there were other options like how to hang the lights vertically or horizontally. There doesn't seem to be any information on this elsewhere.