grafting to other plants.

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Lapperton, Jul 11, 2010.

1. there was an experiment in one of my old science books call pomato. you take a potato plant and a tomato plant and scrape off a good layer of skin on the side of each plant, then using tape or something like that, bind the plants together in the scraped area. the theory is that potatos will come off the tomato plant and vice versa. i never tried it but i would imagine it would be more possible with marijuana and tomatos because of the similarities.

2. Not even close to true.

You cannot graft multiple species together, only very similar examples of the same species. Orange and apples for example.l

3. Tomato and Potato are from the same Genus........ Like Humans and Chimpanzees, we share enough genetic material to be a benefit to each other .. We can give a Chimp a blood Xfusion with Human blood, and the other ways around.... ( not suggested to do, as there are lots of other problems, parasites, etc.....)

Cannabis is not even from the same Class as say a Tomato or Potato...It would be like Humans and Alligators trying to give blood to each other...It is not going to happen. both are red, both have lots of Iron and Oxygen, but our bodies white blood cells will fight it like an infection....

now do you understand? .. look for plants that have the same Genus,and start there.

Anything else, will take work on the genetic code.............. making grafting pretty much obsolete.

Wharf

4. lol good explanation. i just thought it was kindof interesting. you may have taken it a bit more seriously than i did