Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Help!!! My Dog Ate Brownies!!!

• Please log in to reply

SamEBogart

SamEBogart

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok everyone, I feel really bad right now! My dog is like my child, I would DO NOTHING to hurt him. Ten pound pekingese........anyway, last night, I made for the first time ever weed brownies. I sat them on the table while I ran to restroom...........TWO of them, probably 3x3......as I came out of the restroom, he was goobling up the second one. I am in a panic. He threw up a couple of times last nite, but today he is coughing terribly bad and almost like getting gagged kind of coughing. He simply doesn't feel good. He shaking too. I am scared. Any advice? I can't take him to the vet and tell them what he ate. I did a search on chocolate toxicity, and he doesnt really have those symptoms, other than the vomitting, but again only couple times last nite.:mad:

master chief

master chief

smokin n' tokin

• Registered Upgraded
  • 693 posts
have him drink some hydrogen peroxide with some water... not too much, just a little.. that should calm his stomach a little from the chocolate.. and... if the weed is affecting him, i would think time is the only cure?

wiseacre

wiseacre

Rook

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
That sounds horrible.. good luck with your dog. Maybe he's just trippin?

Opivy

Opivy

Nova Police

• Old School
  • 4,770 posts
The bud in it will probably do him good. However chocolate is very bad for dogs. You might want to take him to a vet if it gets any worse (or now it never hurts to be safe)

dirtybongwater

dirtybongwater

Pot Ninja

• Old School
  • 6,211 posts
Opivy is right. I had a friend whose dog at a ton of chocolate, the vet had to pump it's stomach. It sounds like your dog is in shock. Don't let it eat anything or give it any water. I know that sounds mean, but you don't want to introduce anything else to its system. Forcing it to breakdown more food/liquid would be like putting extra trauma on it. :( I seriously would rush it to the vet. Good luck. The pot shouldn't be a problem, its the chocolate.

rollinfatty

rollinfatty

window toker

• Old School
  • 2,372 posts
speaking of dogs eating chocolate... I was hanging out at this girls house once and accidently put a whole box of milk duds on the floor. Later i see the box all torn up and ripped to shreds...i was scared that it was going to die but that probably because i was really drunk.

I think some dogs can digest chocolate and some cant...hope yours does alright. peace

gogo

gogo

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,724 posts
LOL ur doggy ate brownies??
nobody has die (even animals) by weed till today...lol if your doggy is so sick
give some vitamin a or b and put some relax music when it will wake up :)

JLang

JLang

Are you smoked?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 506 posts

Ok everyone, I feel really bad right now! My dog is like my child, I would DO NOTHING to hurt him. Ten pound pekingese........anyway, last night, I made for the first time ever weed brownies. I sat them on the table while I ran to restroom...........TWO of them, probably 3x3......as I came out of the restroom, he was goobling up the second one. I am in a panic. He threw up a couple of times last nite, but today he is coughing terribly bad and almost like getting gagged kind of coughing. He simply doesn't feel good. He shaking too. I am scared. Any advice? I can't take him to the vet and tell them what he ate. I did a search on chocolate toxicity, and he doesnt really have those symptoms, other than the vomitting, but again only couple times last nite.:mad:

I'm sorry but that is absolutely hilarious. I don't know if it's because he ate weed brownies, or if it is because I really don't like dogs and think they're the stupidest animals alive.

dirtybongwater

dirtybongwater

Pot Ninja

• Old School
  • 6,211 posts
What a horrible thing to say. It's fine that you don't like dogs, but why say so in this thread? Ouch man.

token2004

token2004

Un-Registered User

• Old School
  • 2,639 posts

What a horrible thing to say. It's fine that you don't like dogs, but why say so in this thread? Ouch man.

I agree. i love dogs more then anything.

IGotTheCottons

IGotTheCottons

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 18,947 posts
Here's what you do... Instead of rushing it to the vet and wasting all that $$$... CALL the vet first. You don't have to say that there was weed in the brownies... Just that your dog got ahold of some brownies, and you're wondering what you should do about it.

dirtybongwater

dirtybongwater

Pot Ninja

• Old School
  • 6,211 posts
IGTC, I think the dog may be shaking because there is a bit of an irritation in it's intestines/colon. My dog recently had a problem like that and she shook her ass off. If the dog wasn't shaking I'd probably just call as well, but sometimes it's best to not take any chances with a sweet little baby like that.

Mr Skinner

Mr Skinner

High Society

• Old School
  • 2,938 posts
Prolly just a weed hangover...I mean he's quite small and ate a load of weed. He'll be better tomorrow. As long as they don't make him take a urine test. He might go to jail, you know.

WhiteStrain

WhiteStrain

McGuyver Stoner

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
You should really call a vet immediatly. A dog that is only 10 Lbs can NOT handle chocolate at all, they can't digest it and that is way too much caffiene. The weed probably isn't helping, but it probably isn't hurting, just might make him act weird for about a day.

SamEBogart

SamEBogart

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok thanks for all of the replies except for the dude that absolutely hates dogs. Yes it is a little funny that he ate the brownies, but none the less, he is just like a human baby to me...........so be it if people don't agree. He is MY companion. Anyway, the nice ones of you, I have good news. He went outside to "potty..........#2 to be exact" since then, he seems so much better. Still a little "tired" acting, but has been playing and jumping, and thank goodness wagging his tail. I am going to continue to keep a close eye on him, but I think all will be fine! Thanks again!

IGotTheCottons

IGotTheCottons

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 18,947 posts
He coulda just been a little constipated, LOL... I'm glad he's ok though. Probably just all burnt out from all that weed.

weed_josh

weed_josh

Trippy Hippy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 384 posts

LOL ur doggy ate brownies??
nobody has die (even animals) by weed till today...lol if your doggy is so sick
give some vitamin a or b and put some relax music when it will wake up :)

u dumbass brownies are like all chocolate and thats poisonous to dogs
  • Mr Skinner likes this

delaWHERE?

delaWHERE?

mmm...summer *mod*

• Old School
  • 1,463 posts
I'm glad your baby pulled through! It's really interesting how differently each breed (or individual dog, for that matter) reacts to chocolate. I've heard of dogs dying from it, but strangely enough my 14 year old cocker spaniel has probably eaten around 10 bars worth of chocolate in his lifetime and is still goin strong! We've never given it to him intentionally, but he has a great nose for chocolate and always finds ways to get into it.

weed_josh

weed_josh

Trippy Hippy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 384 posts

I'm glad your baby pulled through! It's really interesting how differently each breed (or individual dog, for that matter) reacts to chocolate. I've heard of dogs dying from it, but strangely enough my 14 year old cocker spaniel has probably eaten around 10 bars worth of chocolate in his lifetime and is still goin strong! We've never given it to him intentionally, but he has a great nose for chocolate and always finds ways to get into it.

lol my friends 180 lb yellow lab got up on easter before himand ate his and his sisters easter basket, like like 10 candybars at once and was fine (but he had diarreah, bad) but ya he didnt die

CGTennis123

CGTennis123

• Registered Upgraded
  • 569 posts
I'd just say he ate some chocolate brownies to the vet and leave out the weed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users