Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

marijuana as a hallucinogen

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The beginner, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Thank you OldSkool-

The fact that there are tactile and auditory hallucinations as well shows the great diversity of different psyches. This implies the great diversity of effects attributed to marijuana. For example, smoking a joint would be a completely different experience for someone who is Schizophrenic versus the "average joe".

2. For a final paper in my Psychology class, I analyzed a case-study in which patients with different Schizophrenic types who admittedly used cannabis as a self medication in the past. They were all given some synthesized cannabanoid pill, and every single patient responded positively.

My point is that people throw around the word mental illness, but fail to realize so many people are "afflicted" with mental illness. We are all crazy and all of us here on GC can agree that cannabis is a good all around medication:smoking:

3. I'll top that by saying I did a documentary about the link between marijuana and Schizophrenia, and how it is nowhere near as conclusive as the media would like you to believe.

4. I get auditory hallucinations a lot when I'm high. I'm always hearing sounds and music that isn't there. One night I kept thinking my sister was playing Super Mario, because I kept hearing the music and sound effects from the game.

5. Weed is weed no one smokes it to hallucinate

6. #46 nick1409, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
    one time a few months ago i smoked, it looked like really shitty weed it was brown and really dry, i smoked it and after like 2 hits i was almost passed out and i heard this songhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6G46Mw3PqM. it wasnt in my head. i couldnt stop hearing it, it was almost like someone was blasting a speaker next to my head, i never even heard this song before, and then i started dancing and got into it lol and now whenever i listen to the song i think of it and it makes me laugh lol
    also i smoked with my friend that has been smoking for years and he didnt hear it

7. I too hear white noise alot! doesnt really freak me out tho. hear it all the time when im sober. and high. ha. but i always notice it.

and that happened to my friend. he randomly turned to me and what like "what? no. What?. what did you say?
    and im like "i didnt say anything dude" lol

oh i also see things weird. like a cartoon effect. one time we were driving. and all the cars looked like cardboard signs.. it was weird.
    but its not that noticeable. its just a cool trip

8. Yes it is very complicated and i think that is the important lesson to draw between schizophrenia and cannabis.

9. I have never experienced true hallucinations from weed, but it does seem to change the way you see things. For example, get really blazed and stare at a campfire for a while, you will start to see some weird shit in the coals, like faces and what not. I get that kind of thing all the time.

I have had some auditory stuff too, like thinking I'm hearing my phone when it's not actually ringing. Nothing really trippy though.

10. #50 runthistown18, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
    i wouldn't call it a hallucinogen but there's been times i smoked and everything/everyone appeared to move in slow motion while i move at regular speed (youtube "kid cudi-pursuit of happiness"... it seemed exactly like that, no jokeing)

another time everything was super bright and full of color (like your watching life in HD)
    another time i smoked had "strobe light vision" when everything looked like it flickered and had a sparkle to it

11. I would agree that cannabis is a mild hallucinogen. Whenever I smoke large amounts of potent bud, my visual field seems to be distorted a little bit, almost like one was seeing objects underwater. This usually disapears when I realize whats happening, only to reappear when my attention is removed.

What you people need to realize is that most hallucinogens don't work like you think they do. After popping 5grams of psilocybe mushrooms you'll probably experience a slight distortion in objects, or movement in patterns. It's not like you''ll open a door and see jimmy carter being assassinated by diabetic monkeys or purple elephants.

I stumbled upon one of my friends trip reports, where he describes an interesting ability to actually FEEL his thoughts. I'd be curious to find out if that is considered a hallucination or not.

12. I've actually hallucinated before off of weed. I don't know what classifies as a full on hallucination but it was a sort of opaque layer of hallucinations and it lasted for about (what felt like) 5 mins while me and my friends were in the woods.

I've posted this story somewhere else on GC before haha. I'm just so damn curious as to how that could have happened, especially considering my friends were fine and the bud definitely wasn't laced. :smoking:

13. I can have some pretty vivid CEV smoking the right strain and potency.

14. I sort of get the noises. I think being paranoid aswell doesn't make it better.

Me and my friends were in this 'den' place, i think it was a camping site of some sort as it had a tap randomly in it. But anyway, we smoked a few pure joints, we were all feeling it, then i started to hear a sort of clanging noise - it sounded like a dogs chain or something. But I kept hearing them, so i asked my friends if they could hear it, but they couldn't. So now i have learnt to ignore these sounds :D