Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Grasscity.com 420 Sale - 25% Discount

inside or outside hydro

• Please log in to reply

findme

findme

lol @bud size of milk jug

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,123 posts
I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of growing indoors vs outdoors. with 0% chance of getting caught both ways, which would be better to do?

Dr RealGood

Dr RealGood

The Dude Abides

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,454 posts
If you have a 0% chance to get caught, and the ability to do it. Do both. See first hand witch you like more.

By Mary Jane

If you plan to start a marijuana growing operation, one of the first decisions you'll need to make is whether to grow cannabis indoors or outdoors. As you might expect, both propositions have advantages and disadvantages.

Outdoor Cultivation
If you reside in a country with unjust laws against marijuana cultivation, you should seriously consider growing outdoors. Bar none, the biggest advantage to growing outdoors is security. It's much more difficult for authorities to catch marijuana growers who plant seeds in the spring and come back in the fall for harvest rather than indoor growers who sit on their crop all year long.

Perhaps the safest way to cultivate marijuana outdoors is by planting seeds within a forest that has small open pockets for sunlight to peak through. Buy yourself a GPS (Global Positioning System) to mark the exact latitude and longitude of your ! crop's location. In the fall when it's time to harvest your crop, let the GPS device guide you back to your fully grown plants. Make sure to check the accuracy of the GPS before you make a purchase. An inexpensive GPS device may only guide you within 100 meters of your crop, while others advertise accuracy within 10 feet.

One advantage of growing marijuana outdoors is low maintenance. Mother Nature will do all the work for you in the outdoor environment, unlike indoor crops where the outdoor environment must be recreated.

The biggest disadvantage to outdoor cultivation is the limitation of one crop per year. Unless you live in a warm climate all year long, the marijuana season starts in the spring and ends in the fall. Another disadvantage is the possibility of law enforcement, thieves, or wildlife destroying your coveted plants.

Indoor Cultivation
The main advantage to growing marijuana indoors is the ability to! grow year-round. The climate can be artificially adjusted indoors, s o marijuana can be fooled into believing when to vegetate and when to flower.

The biggest disadvantage of growing indoors is security. It's difficult (if not impossible) to hide the smell of marijuana while creating ample ventilation at the same time. Also, it becomes a challenge to contain abnormally strong light from leaking through windows. Even under perfect circumstances, non-violent marijuana offenders have spent years in prison because of freak accidents like fires or nosy landlords.

LBH

LBH

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 5,950 posts
Good point but if I could do one, I think it's be interesting to see like 15 gallon recirculating bubble buckets outside. Wow.....

findme

findme

lol @bud size of milk jug

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,123 posts
I never grown outside but does insects bother weed plants much?

LBH

LBH

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 5,950 posts
Yea,...a hydro greenhouse would be ideal :)

If ur talkin' 2,3,4,5 plants, just keep it indoor, controllable environment

B_herb420

B_herb420

weed smoker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,575 posts
Hydroponics is a chore. Be ready.

LBH

LBH

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 5,950 posts

Not for me man, it's so much cleaner and easier than hauling dirt and disposing of dirt etc.

I love feeding in 1 pot

I love dialing in the feed

Maybe it's just me because I live on the 3rd floor but I dig it :)

BadAxe

BadAxe

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,167 posts

Not even close to a chore. Most days, my only job with the plants is to sit there and look at them. I add a gallon or 2 of nute solution every other day, and thats it, sit and watch them grow. Not sure what you mean by its a chore.

BadAxe

BadAxe

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,167 posts

Good point but if I could do one, I think it's be interesting to see like 15 gallon recirculating bubble buckets outside. Wow.....

I am actually thinking about making my wife a nice big DWC system for outdoors so she can grow some veggies. We do not have a yard, only cement, but she wants to grow. So we may be playing with hydro outdoors. lol.

LBH

LBH

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 5,950 posts

I am actually thinking about making my wife a nice big DWC system for outdoors so she can grow some veggies. We do not have a yard, only cement, but she wants to grow. So we may be playing with hydro outdoors. lol.

fun, that should be interesting, maybe she could make a journal in the gardening section or u could.

B_herb420

B_herb420

weed smoker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,575 posts

Not even close to a chore. Most days, my only job with the plants is to sit there and look at them. I add a gallon or 2 of nute solution every other day, and thats it, sit and watch them grow. Not sure what you mean by its a chore.

Well, keeping your PH steady. And, depends on the method you use.

Atleast the Nutrient Film Technique is a chore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users