Wicca , the occult , telekenisis , astral projection , etc

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by shitty smitty, Jul 2, 2010.

1. I have a few things to say . One person said he was a wizard in a past life. Then he said something about manipulating auras. Well witches dont call theirselves wizards and we dont manipulate stuuf , its against the wiccan rede. And one person asked if ive read the book of shadows. There are thiusands of them. Witches are supposed to write their own . We write down spells , experiences , etc. Another person said he thought that astral projection was lucid dreaming. It isnt. The astral realm is a whole different place and not a physical realm. Any questions?

2. Do you actually believe the stuff you are talking about? Can you prove any of it?

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXTir6cISA8]YouTube - Physical Use of Chi Energy, Demonstrated by John Chang, QiGong Master[/ame]

4. #24 Joe Luxon, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  5. can i prove magick? well ... how can i? i mean i cant do telekinesis ... so i cant make a vid. and magick isnt hurling fireballs so i cant make a vid lol.

6. these two people i went to high school with were wiccans, and they were fuckin wierd man. They were in a relationship, and the girl would carry spells and shit. Messed up stuff man, everybody thought they were nuts.

7. What is their definition of magic then?

8. #28 Deleted member 42976, Jul 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
    i dont know too much about the subject.

however, ive been chillin with this girl i know from high school lately.
    she let me borrow a book out of her "collection".
    she said she was given this collection which is mostly books on the occult, the unviersal, and tarot by some woman. anyhow the woman lost all her family (husband, son, & i think she said a brother) all like 2-3 weeks apart from each other.
    i cant exactly remember but i think she said the husband was her uncle and he had left the books for her. so when the lady was bringing them down to her she got in a wreck (smashed between two cars....hers was totaled) so the girl only got half of the books....but she thinks they might be cursed b/c of the story i just told you.

9. that or they did black magick. the threefold law of return is basicly karma. what you do comes back to you three fold. and it keeps coming.

another person said "so whats the definition of magic?" well in witchcraft ... its pretty much what ties nature together. (celt definition) and its from nature and the god (sun) and the goddess (moon). and also the stars. when we do magick , we barrow it from them. i borrow it from the stars mainly. they are all connected with magick like veins. thats why some powerful spells are casted in the forest and stuff. (closer to nature.)
    questions anyone? experiences?

10. Anything "Supernatural" (not stage magic). I don't pretend to know every "Supernatural" ability people claim to have these days, they're getting more and more ecomplex each year.
    [FONT=3.5]

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

If you can make something levitate with your mind, why not get a million dollars for it?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwctEsaUmmA&feature=PlayList&p=754D815E1013FE1A&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=1]YouTube - James Randi discusses the Million Dollar Challenge[/ame]

11. I never claimed to be able to move stuff with my mind. If i could i would probly be rich by now. But i can do magick. Im not saying i hurl fireballs at orcs and shit but i do heal wounds and sicknesses. Also , im studying to be a druid. Then ill just use herbs to help me heal as well.

12. ^Make video, heal an animal, druids can.

13. I can't believe Wicca is even still a religion. As far as I can tell it's basically a bunch of teen runaway ADD jackasses who do it as some sort of an adolescent rebellion thing.

How do you justify this garbage in your head? When you pretend to heal sicknesses and wounds but nothing happens, what exactly do you say to yourself to make it feel as though you are?

14. This is the biggest non-sequitur I've ever seen in my life. I laughed out loud when I saw it.

See, the difference here is the fact that I can look out over a prairie or an ocean and see the curvature of the earth. Or have a look at one of the many satellite images. In all the hundreds of years you people have been peddling this crap, not one shred of evidence in support of it has ever come to light.

15. LOL

Honestly, do you really believe what you're saying? "WHY WOULD THEY PROVE THAT THEY CAN DO THE BS THEY SAY THEY CAN? THE POWER WOULD JUST BE TOO MUCH!". You even threw in the "FAR GREATER THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE". Really now? Who exactly are you referring to here who has power greater than we can imagine? Obviously it isn't you, so who is it? Who is possessing all these great telekinesis powers and lifting whole buildings with their minds?

You sound like a lame ass japanese anime. There's a reason it's "only between you and yourself", and that's because this garbage only exists in your own mind. You attempt to project it into the real world and then invent evidence in favour of it.

16. I'm remaining neutral to both sides for the sake of staying out of the debate.

However, your post here actually supports the quote you used. You claim it's as easy as looking over a prairie to see that the earth is curved. However, before it was "discovered" and understood, the firmly held belief was that the earth was flat. Yet, that same prairie you say you can look upon to observe the curvature of the earth was there for people to view before and yet it wasn't understood.

17. Abortions are wrong

18. That's called misunderstanding the evidence in front of you. They imposed their beliefs onto what they saw, rather than the other way around. Just because people used the prairie as evidence for the earth being flat does not mean that what I said supports the quote.

If I pointed to the fact that a few people I know are idiots and also smoke weed and therefore that weed makes you stupid, does that make me correct? Absolutely not, that's just misunderstanding the evidence and manipulating it to support your own theories (<TAKE NOTE OF THIS QUOTE NEW AGERS).

19. That's misunderstanding all the available and understandable evidence. Once more evidence and understanding was established, appropriate ideas/truths were formed from that.

One could say that there's more evidence there than we can see or understand yet, but once we do then the appropriate ideas/truths will follow.

Your quote refers to making a judgement based off a small portion of the evidence that's readily available and understood already. The mistake would be in the person making the judgement.

When the earth was considered flat, they were using all the evidence they had at that time to come to that conclusion. New technologies were developped, which broadened the understanding of the evidence available, which followed with new understandings of the world around us.

20. As someone who has experienced "unexplainable" things firsthand, I don't think these topics can be written of as nonsense at all.

I think there is a lot more to this world than we can comprehend and perceive with our limited senses.