Cotton Like Hairs in My Weed... :(

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by gnr234, Jun 30, 2010.

1. ^Definitely true, but that kind of "stringy" hemplike quality is characteristic of schwag, at least in my experience. Nothing really worth smoking exhibits such a trait.

2. I don't really understand how NO BODY has a definite answer on this matter. I've been smoking for a long time and I know exactly what the OP is talking about, I've seen it more times than I can count, different plants, different buds, different dealers, different suppliers, yadda yadda. So as far as I am concerned it is super common, and I think the reason nobody knows the answer is because the "hairs" are only noticeable for the most part when pulling buds apart to smoke, my guess is the majority of smokers don't really pay attention when rolling or packing. The only answer I've ever come up with that was rational is the dust/fabric particles theory. Everyone knows what mold looks like, a stringy strand and a web are two different things spider mites don't just build a one lane road with a dead end on both ends interweaved through the bud. To better explain what this looks like, don't think of cotton as a pile of cotton or a cotton ball, think of it as if you took tweezers and pulled one barely visible strand out of the cotton ball, that tiny strand is what is found in buds, not just going through it, but weaved in, like the bud grew around it. I just find it amazing that I've see this phenomenon almost as many times as i've packed or rolled and yet on the world wide web in a forum of pot heads, nobody has a clue. Oh also I find that they are generally a half inch to and inch long, never smaller never larger. For those who have long hair or a GF with long hair and have found strands within buds, it's like the same thing but it's white/clear and thinner than a hair. Oh and to those who freak out about smoking moldy bud, relax unless the shit is covered in mold and it's turned black (not weed anymore) it's not going to hurt you anymore than burning plant matter in your lungs. Mold spores would be the first thing to go when heat or flame is put to them. Stop trying to scare people. We breath in mold 24/7 365, and thats healthy mold spores not spores that have been burned or heated. Unless you have immune deficiency or asthma, mold isn't going to hurt you beyond possible mild allergy symptoms.

3. OP is 7 years old yo

4. I have a golden retriever that isn’t allowed even on the same floor as my flower room - but a few of his long hairs still get on the buds. Also, when trimming and pulling off bud from the main stem, sometimes a hemp fiber gets peeled off the stem and after drying, looks like a hair type of fiber. Just a thought...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Did the strings look like this mate? Zoom in to the torch light at the end of the tweasers I've noticed these hairs reflect in the light, I know exactly what you're talking about

6. DSC_0450.JPG

Attached Files:

7. View attachment 2411322

8. View attachment 2411322

9. I grow outside and those cotton balls from trees hit my plants people mistake it for spider mites but my yard is super clean and I also have spray actual pic for attention... Screenshot_20190609-112032.jpg Screenshot_20190609-112014.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Grasscity Forum mobile app