Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

FUCK! Possible raid on me in the next 4 days!!! NEED HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by MPower420, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Oh, well then now my opinion is much different.

R.I.P. To the plants.

2. I'm not sure I buy the story still. Local sherrifs usually don't go flying around with FLIR doing random searches. It's expensive gear. Also, raids are usually later in the season and we're not even halfway through it yet.

3. is it possible to move the plants to a different location, far away from your house, at least until the heat dies down? Rather than tear them up and have nothing happen, then you just killed a bunch of plants for no reason.

4. They are just plants; easy to grow more. If there is a credible threat it's better to get rid of them altogether and live to grow another day as a free man.

5. #45 Blaxmith, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
    aight man i dont really have any experience with lawyers or anything like that, but it looks as if you're kind of fucked.

if shit goes down like you think it is, and you're living there, and cannot prove that you didnt know he was growing, then i dono why you wouldnt be charged as well. if you know hes growing, and you arent turning him in, then isnt that aiding and abetting?

taking ANY chances here is not smart. you need to do whatever you have to do to make sure the grower takes this shit seriously, and if he doesnt, then you need to GTFO. if you guys go down, just think how stupid you'd feel. you were literally tipped off by an officer.... take that dudes advice. also try to make sure you're not around for the raid... and if you have any animals (like a dog) get them to safety as well. you dont want another horror story of a murdered dog during a cannabis raid... remove all paraphernalia, and every fucking gram of weed.

good luck dude, i hope the grower understands whats happening in time. as for you, if you prepare properly you can almost guarantee your freedom...

btw reading some of the posts like 'i heard they need a warrant' or any of the other countless ways of suggesting that you just ignore the advice... DONT DO IT. it is NOT worth it.

6. hey op what part of nc are you in? i need to know if i need to throw some shit out

7. If your name is anywhere on the deed/lease to your house you need to destroy those plants asap. Do you really think just because you tell the cops that you didnt know/werent involved that they are just going to leave you alone? hell no, they will most liekly try to charge eveyone involved. It's YOUR property

8. The cops around my area would do the same shit. They are so useless they wouldnt know when the right time to do a raid is.

They usually speed through our township, lights off, talking on the phone WHILE driving, harassing skaters, and when the real shit goes down, like idk, rape, or a stabbing, theyre nowhere to be found. Ive known 20+ girls in my area/gone to school with, that have been raped or molested, not one got justice. Then when people around here take it in to their own hands they get arrested by some smart ass cops. A cop stomped my friend right in the face, 100% police brutality. He walked in to school the next day with a giant raspberry on his face where the cops heel hit him.

He said it was a middle class neighborhood ,sooooo, Id believe it.

I live in a "middle class" neighborhood. Whats supposed to be a niceeee, *COUGH segregated COUGH* neighborhood, with good schools and all that shit. BS. This place is a ghetto in sheeps clothing.

9. y not just take his shit and throw it in the woods? if my brother or anyone else in my family was growing and i knew police were gonna come, i would throw that shit in the canal, and when they bitch that thier plants are g0one, just tell them you just saved thier ass and possibly the entire house.

10. FLIR is a thermal imaging system that uses thermal heat to creat a 3D picture displayed in black and white. if the plants are using sunlight then you have nothing to worry about butrip them up if there using lights.

11. Not true. Cannabis has a fairly unique signature under FLIR and they use it routinely in large outdoor growing areas like Northern Cali to bust outdoor ops. FLIR wasn't designed just to see point heat sources as when used to spy on indoor grows. It's got a lot of uses including nighttime airborne outdoor surveillance.

12. You still can end up in jail, and a ton of money to fix the situation - not worth it... If you don't have a lot of money and prepared for what could happen I would say screw this and clean everything.

13. If you're saying that Cannabis gives off heat, wouldn't it be completely counter-produtive of the law enforcement to fly over fields with different viarities of crops, such as corn or soy beans? Because I know that corn gives off about as much heat as Cannabis outdoors.

14. It's not that it gives off heat, it's the way a grow tends to look under FLIR. Every type of plant has a slightly different IR signature. Trust me I've seen documented use of FLIR to detect organized outdoor grows. They don't always know *what* is being grown immediately but they find suspisious sites for followup when they don't have immediate confirmation.

FLIR is a lot more advanced than just 'seeing heat'.

15. True, although I don't know much about it myself. I do know that FLIR can't see through buildings or walls to find heat (such as heat comming off of a MH/HPS ballast,) but can only "look forward."

16. Hence the term 'Forward Looking Infrared'. It's typically deployed on helicopters to sweep/scan in front of them. It can see through walls if there are strong point sources of heat, but in the open/brush it can discern quite a bit more than that, especially with the digital processing they use now in conjunction with it. Neat stuff really.

17. Here, they give you a max of 20 years prison for cultivating, and it can add up depending on the quantity, if it's a small amount, personal use. A bigger amount, distribution (even if you didn't have the intention to).

I'd say get rid of the stuff.

Good luck.

18. Actually now they can detect marijuana with FLIR regardless because the plant reflects infared light in a certain way, so they can detect marijuana's infared signature and there's pretty much no way to hide it.

19. OP, Personally I'd go out there and rip his plants up myself if it was either that or I get arrested for cultivation. He's putting you at risk as well as anyone else that lives with you just because he wants his plants to bud... don't put up with that. Yeah it may start some shit, but it's either that or you spend a good chunk of your life in jail.

20. Take all your shit and go camping until this is over. Then even if it does not happen, you still got to go camping. :hello: