Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do Union Jobs Drug Test?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by EastCoastToke, Jun 25, 2010.

1. My grandpa use to be high up in a certain Union and he is tired of seeing me waste my life at a dead end job and decided to pull a few strings and get me a job. I'm so happy that he helped, I am going to be putting up buildboards and all and working under a union, starting out as an apprentice for a few years. Was wondering if this type of job would drug test. I'm afraid to ask him, or my dad simply because they'll want to know what I have to worry about.

I'd hate to lose the job over a dirty urine sample and then explain why I didn't get it to them.

2. I love your sig and avatar

3. YES , all union jobs I've ever been involved with do a new hire test. Some do random after that, and test whenever there's a reportable accident.

4. I BELIEVE ALL UNIONS DRUG TEST ESPECIALLY THE ONES WITH HIGH RISKS OF INJURY!!!

I would recommend cleansing yourself now!!!

5. sorry to resurrect an old thread but what about if someone has a medicinal marijuana card? will that excuse them from THC showing up on the results or will they still fail for it?

6. It is still illegal under federal law to have marijuana. This is a question you need to talk with a doctor or lawyer about. I know with regular tests you need to let them know what prescriptions you are on in case they come back, but those are all legal on a federal level for prescribed use. Since Mmj is not, I'm not sure how well that would go...

7. I wouldn't tell them...chances are they test you once and that is it, unless of course the unforeseeable accident happens...then you will get random tested and probably lose the job.

It's so sad too, because you don't even have to be high at the time to test positive for an accident, corporate jobs and the like should be held to higher standard and what you do in your own private time is your business as long as you're getting the job done and not coming fucked up to work.

8. thats true. and if you think about it, people in unions could and do very easily have prescriptions for percs, oxy's or xanex for whatever condition they have, which are all mind altering substances. but theres no penalty for failing with that in your system as long as you have a script. also, i don't see the federal government interfering with the union in that subject since unions draw a distinct line between government regulation and the union member.

9. So what happened op? It's been 19 months...aha