Tobacco Mosaic Virus(tmv)

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by joe_fresh, Jun 23, 2010.

1. I have a couple of places on several plants that have this same damage. Is your research and expierence saying the plants in post #6 are TMV or something else.

I've also had the TMV but didn't know it. It happened in my flower room and the crop was purity shit. The pickins were so shitty the total 2 quarts (pure dust couldn't get a pissant high) from 4 plants are still in the jars I put them in 6 months ago. That shit is being tossed in trash bag tonight.

Awesome post and thanks so much for the work.

2. This site is wicked useful and informative. I've never herd of this virus on cannabis and didn't know it could spread to other plants. I can image that the cannabis plant was exposed to this virus after being planted near tobacco in the early 1900's. Mabie even sooner.

3. #43 RichardDean, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
    Interesting, i have recently noticed some issues inmy garden that resemble this and Im wonderingifmaybe my new fungus gnat problem might have broughtiton but I see similar leaf deformities and discoloringhere and thereinclones ijust got from. Friend too andseedlings i just started so imthinkingits just me worryingbut I will keep an eye on this now that i know.

4. Here is some pictures maybe someone could give me some opinions. IMG_20130207_113540.jpg

IMG_20130207_114857.jpg plants are healthy as can be otherwise. Using a water onlymix been working good but afraid these fungus gnats i havs been dealing with have broughtit in. I never had gnat problems inthe past so this is frustrating.

5. My plants flower and thought mymix was too hot but every time i take a plant fom veg and start flowering seems like all the leaves want to dothis. Seems to me textbook tmv. Im ordering the test kit to make sure before I destroy everything.

6. Sorry hhere is the picture IMG_20130207_125258.jpg

IMG_20130207_125306.jpg

7. I've got this exact same thing goin on in my garden. I noticed about 3-4 weeks into flowering it started out as spots so first instinct is that it's a nute lockout but that wasn't the case. It is just getting worse. Let us know what u find out if this thread is still alive

8. so can it be transferred to plants if cigarette smokers are smoking in grow room. Touch Cannabis plant after touching dry tobacco or cigars or after smoking one. I believe it has a chance. I do not smoke neither tobacco products. I learned hard lessons with that garbage after 13 straight miserable years. Now I'm alive and feeling green like life err day

9. Has anyone been able to determine the cause of the strange leaf growth where it looks like a bug has eaten the leaf but there are no bugs to be found at all? I have TMV symptoms (former smoker...) and I have seen on my most healthy plants this growth pattern where there is missing parts of the leaf but otherwise healthy plants. Seems to affect the plants from seed like this more than clones, clones are showing TMV then getting overrun with fusarium when weakened.

10. Would my marijuana plants be affected by my tabacco plants, cuz my tabacco plants are like an inch tall now and my current marijuana plants are like an inch tall?

11. most likely you need to study that TMV up but then again this thread is YEARS old by now

maybe they found a cure ...?

12. how recuring is this in cannabis?

i dont smoke tobaco... is it something i still have to worry about?

im doing some reaseach into breeding... this is something i have to really get into learning

13. HEY who said U could reply, this is a one douchebag thread. :biggrin: