Electro-Culture Experiment; 50-65% yeild increase???

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by boatdock, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Why dont you put a strong + and - side magnet above the plant to see if it helps pull the minerals to the top of the plant faster?

2. Water is Polar. This means that one part( the oxygen atom is highly negative) while the hydrogen is positive. Though understand that the h atoms are the smallest atoms. Containing one proton and one electron. This confers a 3d shape to the molecule. This allows the water molecules to repell and attract each other simultaneously. This means they fit up to each other in a precise way. Go google a calathrate if you want to know what I mean.

Now on the ph. Ph is the negative log of the concentration of hydrogen atoms. This means lower ph more hydrogen atoms.

Now on to electricity. Electricity is the movement of elections. Distiller water doesnt transport electrons. That's why you can't kill your self with a hairdryer in distilled water.

Adding ions ( in this case an ion is a nutrient like nitrogen sodium phos. Etc). They have a charge that is different then the harmonic one created by all the pure water. So they kind of mess things up in waters view.

Now by adding electrodes you cause poles to occur at the electrodes. One positive one negative. Nutrients move along a path of least resistance. So if you can artificially move things faster ie by electron movement which is increased by electron flow from the electrodes. This should increases reactions per a unit time. Thus if it takes Plant x time to do something it will now ( in theory) occur faster if you can remove a limiting factor, water, nutrients, ph. Now this electron growing could be a new limiting factor since a plants generate their own electron flow via photosynthesis.

Yes no maybe so?

3. I have been researching these pratices of electro-culture; for days now. I have learned a ridiculous amount. I know that there is some truth in these sciences. Currently I'm writing a basic article on these practices; in relation to marijuana.

Many experiments I have seen; I have the same concerns as <span>Rumpleforeskin</span>; with the seed experiments. I also need to know the ph and nutrient levels of the soil and control groups need to be bigger. Clones would be best; and make sure they are all at the same stage of growth and root size. I would do the experiment myself if I had the space.

4. @[member="boatdock"] any new updates on the test?

5. i am extremely interested in this, but ive noticed all over the web that everyone that starts a cannabis grow journal using this technique always never post anything else after week 2..........thats a bad sign

6. [quote name="Rumpleforeskin" post="7767247" timestamp="1277360131"]Rooted clones from the same mother plant will have almost identical traits and growth characteristics. Some parts of the mother plant will root faster then others, but once rooted (in a clone machine) you can expect the same results from each cutting. Any variance will be slight (if given the same environmental controls). If twenty cuttings are taken, you can find quite a few that root at the same time and at the same rate. It would not be hard to find twins to make a control from.

Seeds variance is not even in the same league as clones. That is a whole nother world.
    The spirit of your test is positive and well meaning, but the results will be useless and anecdotal at best.

Please, no disrespect intended, just dialog.
    Peace, R.

Mr. R I'm in total agreement clones are better controlled because they can be almost identical. I have learned a lot from you.

Sent from my XT1031 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. [SUB]I got a chair on this if this actually  works ill be trying to plug all my plants into the wall outlets.. do u know if there is too much current for a plant to take or is more better?[/SUB]

8. Everyone that did this technique never posted after 2weeks for a reason

9. I saw a device in my Hydrofarm catalog that is supose to increase everything by 20% but for 2000-3000$ I instantly rote that one off my list. Just using the right nutrients and co2 should give you that same benefit for half the cost. Has anyone tried one of those harmonic thingys?. Any one try the grounder things hydro farm sells? It is basically the same thing that thus gentleman is working on, just plugs into the wall. I will try and post links here in a second.

10. Couldn't ever trust results from an indoor with CFLs.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Now there's a thought.

The plants mutated and turned on their grower?

13. The owner got Smoked by the mutated MJ plants...
    THE END