Electro-Culture Experiment; 50-65% yeild increase???

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by boatdock, Jun 19, 2010.

1. This is very true. It's just not a controlled experiment when you grow from seed, the results are pretty much meaningless. I've got 8 different plants right now, all from seed, all germed the same time. Each one is a different size, ranging from 4"-10".

Not to say that EM stimulation doesn't work, but you won't prove anything this way.

2. Well in part your right, but the same can be said with clones can it not? some clones just have trouble rooting for no apparent reason so even clones would vary on that.

3. scientific or not i want to see this to the end im subd

4. my prediction is it will grow too much spacing out the nodes you wont get a dense bud we also dont know if its better for veg only or flower only or the whole process this is a scientific experiment wich needs much more controls with clones is the only way the closer to identical the better to see diffrences STILL this will be interesting Ive already thought of ways to do this I just dont want to shock myself or blow up my plants or start a fire!!!:eek:

5. this is true.:cool:

6. Rooted clones from the same mother plant will have almost identical traits and growth characteristics. Some parts of the mother plant will root faster then others, but once rooted (in a clone machine) you can expect the same results from each cutting. Any variance will be slight (if given the same environmental controls). If twenty cuttings are taken, you can find quite a few that root at the same time and at the same rate. It would not be hard to find twins to make a control from.

Seeds variance is not even in the same league as clones. That is a whole nother world.
    The spirit of your test is positive and well meaning, but the results will be useless and anecdotal at best.

Please, no disrespect intended, just dialog.
    Peace, R.

7. Thanks man, I knew from the start it wouldnt be 100% scientific, like i said Im not a scientist :D But i think if one plant looked twice as good as a plant from the same batch of seeds you might be able to say supplimentation helps, no? I apreciate the input, after all thats why i started it!

8. after reading that article it seems DC is the safer way to go.

9. If nothing else, it could be enough to inspire yourself or others to run a better test. This run isn't meaningless per say, but you just won't be able to use the results and say "see, it works". The problem is, is that genetic variation plays a huge role. It's a really, really big deal. People spend months just finding a few good moms from seed that they can run production with. What I'm doing right now.

I may do a run of this in August. I'll have a full box of all one plant then. If I can remember to look this up properly, and get the shit for it, then I may run the full dealio. If I do, I'll definitely document it, this stuff is pretty interesting.

10. hell! clone a house plant! :p the first time i seen this was with IVY the guy also hooked his radio up to 1 and it worked one vine he had electrified was so long he had to coil it up like rope several times and it was in a window while the other barley made 1 coil sitting next to eachother he also did potatoes.

11. i hooked 1 phone chargers to my friends mother plant and its clones grow 40 percent faster and each set i take of fully regrows in 2 weeks ive also tryed it on 2 other ones 1 died and 1 started to sky rocket up and grew atleast a foot and couldnt support it so it fell so memetics (plants genetics) are importent to

12. #33 DokiDoki, Jul 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2010
    Here's the science behind it. Soil Electrical Conductivity. Same thing those soil/ph meters measure. In fact, you could probably use one of those meters to ensure you're in the perfect range. EC is based on how conductive the soil is... either from moisture or from fertilizer salts. By raising the conductivity you don't need as much fertilizer or water. At the same time, too high and it will stunt the plants. Moderation is always the key, huh? :)

here's a great article about EC in Cannabis Culture
    Control your cannabis | Cannabis Culture Magazine

13. Fascinating thread, great info in here.

If your experiment produces consistant results, may I suggest finding a good mum and taking, say, 10 nearly identical clones, and varying the amount of electricity for each one to see more detailed results, and using say... 3 or so of them as control plants that don't get any electricity (averaging out height, yield, etc on them).

14. Genetic variation CAN play a huge role. His experiment is perfectly valid, but the confidence interval of the result is lower than if it was run from clones. While two seeds from the same plant CAN exhibit extreme growth variation, it's unlikely. If the growth variation is extreme, it can then be said that it's either the electricity or extremely lucky genetic variation. You can then attribute roughly 1-(chance of extremely lucky genetic variation) as the confidence interval of "electricity makes plants grow better at this amperage/voltage".

15. Soil & fertilizer also must remain constant, since different mixtures would have different EC levels. I imagine dirt rich in heavy metals is more conductive than dirt without.

16. There used to be a sticky on this method here in the Advanced thread but I can't find it now. Some Aussie from down under was doing this and he had some pretty spectacular results. He documented his method and results very well; voltage, mAmps, etc.

Here's what you might consider boatdock. At some point if the growth rate of the subject far outpaces the other, switch the electrodes to the other plant and see what happens.

IDK. I'm repping you for thinking out of the box and trying something different. You go man!

17. I was reading about humic acids and it seams to work by changing the natural charge of the clay particles from positive wich makes them attract eachother making the soil dense and reverses to a negative charge repelling eachother making the soil more pourus also helps save water by 30% for a reason I dont recall but electricity sounds like it does the same thing.