Electro-Culture Experiment; 50-65% yeild increase???

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by boatdock, Jun 19, 2010.

1. After trying electroculture on one plant and determining it vastly improves growing rate as well as overall health Ive decide to do a scientific experiment.

Subjects are two identical seedlings taken from the same plant at the same time and sprouted identically. In one will be two electrified probes, equidistant from the stem and inserted into the root system, the other is the control. Both will be given the same water nutes and lighting. Electricity will be the only variable.

I think we all will be surprised at the outcome. Also note for timing reasons both seedlings will be flowered from seed, using 12/12. Pics to come and more elaboration.

genetics= two day old cronic seedlings

stimulator= 4.5 volt 350 mA cell phone charger

2. Yes, I am interested in seeing this. You should make a grow journal out of this and provide pictures as well.

3. How do you know what the right amount of stimulus is? At what point do you risk burning the plants, if ever?

4. This is a very good question, and the simple answer is that I dont know the BEST current to use, i just know that this 4.5 volt 350 mA deffinatly showed improvement. Actually another experiment could be done to test which current is best, and even which current is best for different cycles. But Im no scientist:smoking:

5. Well heres the first update, day one already showing results. Once they set the roots Ill transplant to bigger pots. Enjoy! And sorry for the quality.

Attached Files:

6. Please keep this thread up I can't wait to see the results!!

7. pullin up a chair on this one

8. Yea dude this is definitely interesting.. will be checking it out!

9. .... i just hooked up my cell phone charge to my soil on one of my purple mazar seedling any links on more info on this idea?

10. Fascinated...

Is Hydro out for this method or is it possible to use this with a hydro grow? Or does anyone know if anyone has tried this in a hydro setup?

11. Supercharged weed.

12. this is going to be awsome!!! ive seen similar experiment not with weed BUT IT WORKS i too wonder whats the max voltage also AC vs. DC would be awsome to have a car or motorcycle battery chillin with multiple leads coming off to multiple plants or a battery tender i bet it keeps bugs off!!! IM DEFINATLEY FOLLOWING THIS ONE!!!!:hello::D

13. U NEED A CONTROL! all ur efforts R 4 shite enless you can make us salivte:yummy: need 2 find out mlamps! so many ways to do it I theorized WE HUMANS have an electromagnetic charge the longer we touch a plant the better! guess i gotta touch a plant out of 2 to see if it responds better with only static electronic discharge wich could be benificial 2 the plants and myself LOWER STRESS!:eek:

14. This is the part that makes it "not so scientific. They need to be clones in order for them to be identical. No two seeds are alike. Of the ten White Widow seeds I grew, I got ten different phenotypes. All of different sizes and growth rates (not to mention a few males).

No one will know if your plants are growing better due to Electro-Culture or just good DNA.

Best of luck, R.

15. even if they arnt clones U will see a diffrence ive seen this done with IVY clones? clippings. 1 grew normal 1 grew waaaaay long :eek: