Post your coco pics!

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by AskEd, Jun 19, 2010.

1. I was waiting for someone to catch on :) It is one of my fav's but I'm a bigger Alex Garland fan to be honest. The Beach is one of the best adventure fiction books of the 20th Century in my opinion.

Those awesome green screen dealy-do's are known as grow through plant supports. I use them to do a mini scrog with my plants. It's really more of an assisted LST, and later on they are more useful as stem supports to keep the heavy nugs upright. I found them originally in a local nursery, but just yesterday I stumbled across these at Home De Pot of all places. They can be found online, and you just have to look around at plant supports but they seem to be semi popular with the tomato and flower crowds.

These are 16" around and 24" tall. I have them as deep as possible so they sit at 16" above the coco level. I'm starting flowering on the 1st of July, so they should be just breaking out of there and I'll be able to use the strech period to fill out the branches, branches with the squares.

I LST'd all the other plants, and they aren't much taller than 6" but they all have 10+ good budsites. I'm trying to keep the grow under 40" tall but still harvest close to 750 grams. I have the 12 plants, and if I use my sqft right this should be possible on coco given my history with my 400w.

Just as a question... I need to get myself a premo HPS bulb. I was thinking SunMaster as the go to because it seems better suited to the photosythentic curve. AgroMax and Ushio are also in the running. Does anyone have an opinion on these bulbs or can offer a better one?

2. the grow through plant supports are off the hook....way better than anything i could sling toghther...exactly what im lookin; for outside.....plants look like their thriving after the transplant....heres to a great grow and hittin your goals ...the deacon

3. So what your saying is SmartPots are the shit???

4. Snow...love those circle screens, Home Depot tomorrow it is. That will work perfect for the watermelon and strawberries out back to. Your plants look great. Nice work. :hello:

5. #45 AskEd, Jun 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2010
    Man I hate following sweet pics like that :D So I'm posting something a little different...

Here's a tray of clones I took, six different strains. Coco is the not only the easiest cloning method I've tried, but the cheapest too LOL Here we have Super Skunk, California Hash, LSD, El Dorado, Super Lemon Haze, and Lockstock. This is 8 days after cut, they are almost ready.
    [​IMG]

I took these cuts on a Saturday, and transplanted into bigger pots 3 Saturdays after. They were ready in two, but I give them a little extra. :) I flood the tray with a little water every Wednesday and Saturday. Damn near fool proof so far and keeps my closet full of plants LOL
    [​IMG]

6. Ok here are some more of the veggers after a week since transplant. They were calling for some N so I hit them with 15ml CNS17 Grow, 12ml Cal-Mag Plus, and 1/4tspn of Great White. PPM's were at 850 and the pH tested a perfect 5.9ph without any adjustment, that is starting with RO water from the store.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. nice lookin coco grows everyone.
    here's some shots of coco grows i have done in the last year. I use GH 3 part and a few additives. Keepin it simple

strains include:
    LA Confidential
    C99 (clone only)
    Sagarmatha Blueberry
    BlueGod
    White Russian
    Black Widow

current tray contains:
    Dynamite
    Skunk #1
    BlueGod

Attached Files:

8. Dynamite, Skunk #1, and BlueGod in a 12 sqft scrog

Attached Files:

9. Very impressive Freakshow. :cool:

10. Looking great Freakshow...goes to show how badass coco grows! You need to start a journal to show all that coco does to the masses! :D :hello: :wave: :smoking:

11. Flowering has begun! I have 8 confirmed pre-flowered females at 42 days veg. Of the other 4 I am 80% sure one of them is preflowering male, while I'm unsure on another 3.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. now those are some healthy lookin plants. nice! i'll go get an updated shot of my tray

13. Whats up fellow coco growers...

Just droppin by to show off some of the final product. Harvested earlier today on July 5th :D

Heres some shots :)
    [​IMG]

Some more, frosty lil buggah :D
    [​IMG]

This is Mandala's Kalichakra grown in some coco :)
    [​IMG]

:) :) :) :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

[​IMG]

14. Looking good guys!!!! Very very nice. :cool:

Here are a couple quick shots of mine I took yesterday. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one of the drain tray I am building. I need to put poly wrap on the bottom and it will be finished but its close. Going today to get that and my CNS Bloom.

[​IMG]

15. July 4. these 9 plants are drinking 20 gallons of nute solution every 3 days

Attached Files:

16. Carumba Freakshow! That's like 50 gallons a week. At 10ml per gallon, that's 1 liter of nutrient every two weeks!!! I don't think I could afford it.

They look real happy too. You must be doing something right ;)

17. well, we all have hobbies that cost money. some can be considered business expenses

18. I hear ya freak show my plants on flood tables are drinking 5 gal a day right now, 3 weeks into flowering...

I was wondering, is that a 4'x4' table you got em on or what? and is that a 600 over em?

19. thanks for the sympathy, my friend. LOL. we can definitely relate.

the tray is 3x3 and that a 1000 watt hps over it.