Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

WA state Designated Provider question...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Tokin Black Guy, Jun 17, 2010.

1. I am a MMJ patient in here in the great Evergreen State an I grow my allotted 15 plants. I have a friend whom is also a registered MMJ patient but is currently unable to grow for himself...

Would it be okay/legal for me to grow his 15 plants along side my 15 plants (30 total) for him if I had his proper Designated Provider forms?

2. Anyone out thurr from Washington?

3. hey man. so basically this isnt forsure, but im pretty sure you cant do that. i would think that you could only share your crop for your 15. because if it were the case then i would want all my room mates to be patients so we all could grow our 15 lol. sorry man but the laws n rules are so vague that its hard to say. but im gonna go with no.:psorry i know im not too much of help lol

4. There may be a loophole but first the law;

69.51A.010
    Definitions.

</B>
    *** CHANGE IN 2010 *** (SEE <A href="http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdocs/2009-10/Pdf/Bills/Session%20Law%202010/5798-S.SL.pdf">5798-S.SL) ***

The definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter unless the context clearly requires otherwise.

(1) "Designated provider" means a person who:

(a) Is eighteen years of age or older;

(b) Has been designated in writing by a patient to serve as a designated provider under this chapter;

(c) Is prohibited from consuming marijuana obtained for the personal, medical use of the patient for whom the individual is acting as designated provider; and

(d) Is the designated provider to only one patient at any one time.

I think D gets you.
    After reading the bill from here;

Chapter 69.51A RCW: Medical marijuana

I find it curious that there are no clear parameters on where the grow may take place or how it must be secured. This leads to the question "Can two providers that are also patients use the same grow area"?

I am not sure who would be qualified to answer that for you, but at least it is a strating point. :smoke:

5. Sounds like a gray area but if there are co-ops, then it's allowed and I think there are co-ops in washington state.

6. I live in wa. I am the designated provider for someone. I am sure you can have a card and be a provider for someone. I can look in my paperwork somewhere for the exact wordage but i know several people that have a card and are providers for another patient.

7. then again dude it says you cant smoke the shit you are growing for the other dude...hmmmmmmmmmmmm

8. I won't say absolutely yes, as I'm not completely up on the exact law text...but, your friend can designate any "provider" he choses (in this case you). I also am a mmj patient in WA. I have friends that do this very thing and they've been raided by the police and everything was fine/legit...

Just make sure you have a provider paper signed from him and that you have a copy of his permit and a photo copy of his id and you should be good as far as I understand things...I'm not a lawyer though...

9. Post your papers near the door of your room and the most important thing is to make sure you are not stealing power. If you are, it makes your legal grow completely not legal. I have very close knowledge of this:mad: