Noobie needs some help, is this a result of overwatering? or light burn??

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by compton stomp, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Hey guys so i'm growing these 6 cuttings under a t5 high output system. I started em out with the lights all on (8 bulbs) and about 4 inches above the humidity dome. I quickly realized this was too hot so i turned off half the bulbs and moved the lighting up to about 6 inches off the humidity dome. Anyways, the plants seem ok.... but not exactly thriving...

As you will see from the pics, there is some pretty severe spotting going on, as well as twisty leaves that are curling up.

This is my first grow, and these are my first plants.

I'm watering the cubes about 3 times a day, around 7am, 1 pm, and 11pm. Is this too much? I normally water them until i can squeeze them and have water drip out, but they dont drip if they are just picked up. I have been watering them as soon as i can pick them up and squeeze them without water draining out the bottom. For right now, i'm watering with Dasani at a pH of 6.2. Could this be a pH problem?

I have a reverse osmosis water filter i'm installing in my bathroom, but that thing is a bitch and probably wont be done for another week ago.

Anyways, here are some pics for you guys to check out, please let me know what you think i should do to help get these ladies more healthy....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. This is my opinion based on the information provided...

You are cloning it looks like correct???

Just Dasani after awhile doesnt do enuff... they need food....

TRANSPLANT..... as long as you have the TAP ROOT going they will be fine...

If I missed something... sorry..

CHEERS!

3. Yes these are clones but i did not take them. I was given them. So you think i should start feeding them then? and is my light too close to them? its about 7 inches above the humidity dome with half of the lights on. I have been told to give them only water until the roots start to grow through, is this correct or should i start to feed them now? I'm doing lucas formula plus some advanced nutrients, like floralicous, and a few others that won't be fed to them until they are flowering. Since i'm using lucas, should i start with 50% strength since they are little? And how often would you suggest starting feeding them? i water them twice a day, some maybe every 3rd day or so? or more like once a week?

your help is much appreciated :)

4. Sorry dude, this is the wrong section of the forum.

There's a sick plants forum
    And theres a noobie growers forum

This don't belong here.

5. #5 compton stomp, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2010

thanks for the help, NOT. you f*cking queerbag

Name-calling isn't tolerated here brother, please read the rules before posting again. ~AK~

6. Wow, way to spaz out man. There is in fact a sick plant forum and you would be better off posting this there. This would help YOU get more responses. Learn to forum, noob.

7. what makes you think its from the light ? did it fall or did thy grow into it?

are they rooted? taht color brown looks like tthe light got some but the others look diff.

8. Hahaha w.t.f:smoking::smoking: