Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Studying while high??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jam-pack, May 11, 2005.

1. My tokin buddy and I are both college students..I was wondering if anyone out there actually studies while theyre high..we do all the time, but we're so fuckin used to it, it doesnt seem to affect us. We study for exams high and shit while we're stoned and it actually helps you learn and makes worthless bullshit seem interesting. Plus we make good grades on those exams..Anyone else like that?

2. yea i know exactly what your saying me and some of my people do the same thing all the time its fun and actually helps me to remmeber and i dont know about you but i like going to a big test blazed for some reason it makes me make better grades on it....strange but true

3. the thing is with me i studdy then smoke like a reward and i feel the meterial sticks better that way for me

4. Reading / studying while high can be boring if the subject sucks. Also I find that reading gets a bit harder. I just don't like studying... period.... lol

5. It kills my memory, i wouldnt do it by toking afterwards sounds like a good idea

6. i smoke while studying and writing papers all the time

7. I think that what is learned high is best remembered when high. I study and test sober, but I really do think that the knowledge that you get from all of those stony study sessions is a little harder to grasp when your not toked. Sure it can be done, but your minds on a different level. :)

8. I don't think I could do it. If I'm high I can't remember jack.

If I smoked like only one bowl then it might work.

9. I constantly think of things while high, completly forget when I sober up, and then remember it like 4 sessions down the road.
    Although, It is possible my mind is just playing tricks on me, like deja vu.

I cant study/read high. I just get so bored.

10. I definitely do better in math when I'm high off my ass. I will otherwise sit there and think "I can't DO THIS" and create a huge mental block making it harder in the long-run.

I study high, I go to class high. I test high - I have a midterm today and I'm blazing this morning! Got up early to make time for it and a little extra studying :D

I have A's in all my classes (but MATH, and I still have a B there) and got 100% on my last exam and 99% on the exam before that (both essay)

I think that if you're not interested in what you're learning maybe getting high can make it harder, but if you have a goal to do good in class in mind, or the subject material is interesting to you, or just have the right mindframe, it isn't really detrimental. i mean could i do any better than 100%?

One warning though don't get TOO high. There's a fine line, and sometimes I get too high and just have to put the book down. LOL

11. I go to UMASS Amherst, me and my floor mates we smoke all the time we calmed down tho, we were on like 4 blunts a day, we study high all the time, i can do better if im not baked, but i like to be baked.... but i get the job done, my grades are good

12. wow for some reason marijuana effects me way different. maybe its because i have ADHD and marijuana helps it, but school and studying are a lot easier for me when im high. for me, it is true: study high, take the test high, get high scores.

13. Yeah i think thats exactly what it is...when you're high, everything just flows better..you just simply can't get stuck..Plus its easier to be expressive in what you learn..and maybe learn a different way

14. I would say exactly the same thing you said ganjaphish.

I hate reading books.. i'm only concentrated reading them when i'm high. As for studying it depend on how high you are. Sometime it get more interesting and sometime it like too boring.

15. yeah man, i tried to read once when i was lit and i didnt remember anything. i like to wait until after. that way the studying i do isnt a waste.

16. i love studyiing while high, 1 or maybe 2 bowls that is, I can concentrate so much better on stuff, after 3 or 4 bowls though when im just too high its a complete waste, dont even try it.

17. yes yes
    it opens your mind ,gives ya more creativities,...
    how can u supposed to study without hightimes?
    all students must get high when they study lessons :D

18. My personal experience is that studying and doing homework high is easy, and even makes it not suck as much, but it ruins me for reading. I'm a really good reader too, Honors enlgish and shit, but still, as soon as I get high I read like I'm in fourth grade. Doing math high is the same as doing it sober, it might even make it easier. I was blazed the first time I took the SATs and I got 720/800 on math but only like 630 on verbal, and I found the reading to be a bitch.

19. You guys are either very weird or bullshitting. I mean I love weed too but damn, there is no doubt about the fact that when you are high your learning and memory are impaired. To somehow suggest that you study better when high seems highly unlikely and makes little sense since the whole point of studying is retaining information. I am sure it is possible to do work while high and in some subjects it may allow you to do better than when sober, but I don't particularly agree that weed is useful for studying at all. I don't know what classes yall are in but damn. If you tried to pull that shit for organic chemistry, bio chemistry, neurbiology etc. I can almost guarantee you not doing well.

20. One time I was blazing with my friend on Sunday night, got back home at like 10pm, look at a note I left myself that said "PAPER DUE TOMORROW." I was like "O shit, I gotta do this like right now!" So I start typing my paper about "The Decline of the U.S." or some shit. Knock that bitch out real quick, throw it in my bag, go to sleep.

5th period Monday rolls around. It went something like this:

Tacher: Get out your essays
    Me: (in my mind) Did I do that? Oh shit, I did it last night blazed as shit. *Take out my paper to look over it*
    Teacher: *Standing over my shoulder* Can I have your paper?
    Me: Uhhhhhhhhh
    Teacher: Is there something wrong?
    Me: Nope, here you go

Got my paper back with a big "6" on it. It was a 50 point paper. Turned out I wrote about hockey, Scrubs, and the movie Accepted. I got all my points in the topic sentence (which was worth 10 points). It was "America is a pretty cool place to be." It was the only part of my whole essay that was on topic :eek:

Morale of the story, I don't do school work high anymore. My mind wanders too much and I can't focus.