Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Studying while high??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jam-pack, May 11, 2005.

1. ^haha.

last year when i wrote my english paper (which was meant to be read by fellow college students) about marijuana, i came up with the intro paragraph when i was blazed as shit and apparently all my peer editors thought it was hilarious. the teacher ended up picking the paper to be one of the top 8 in the class. She even talked to me on the side about it and told me that she showed it to her boyfriend and they laughed about it.

on a side note my teacher was in her early 20's and gorgeous looking really, definitely didn't look like the type that would smoke weed.

2. I don't study high, I feel like its distracting, but I've never really seriously tried it tho... hrm I'm gonna have to fix that.

If I have a test the next day, I'll study for like 2-3 hours starting around 7pm. Around 11pm I'll smoke with my crew. I do preety well on exams, the only time I miss stuff is if I didn't study it, so I would say it doesn't impare my memory or anything.

3. During my undergraduate years I progressively smoked more and more until it peaked second semester junior year... where i smoked pretty much all day every day... High all the time... And coincidentally I ended up with my highest GPA for a semester.. 3.73!....

Now I couldn't keep that up and went on a break for a while...

Currently I'm working on my Masters degree... And I find that while smoking can create an interest in a particular subject which otherwise seems outrageously boring, It also lowers my reading comprehension. If i have multiple wordy articles with complicated concepts I really don't get high right before I read them....

I find it helps motivate me with the organizational aspects... organizing papers, writting notes, gathering simpler data.... I spent six hours the other day gathering data on my thesis.... high as shit!

peace,
    hippy

4. being in college is great....
    wake up, reach over grab the bong take a couple hits,
    and basically take hits throughout the day stayin' lifted.

So i do everything high, including studying, and I've come to be pretty efficient at it lol
    :smoking:

5. I write very well when I am high, but not so good at reading text.

I can retain all sorts of useless knowledge about subjects that I enjoy, but when it comes to college classes its in one ear and out the other...

6. Its not worth being high while studying.

I wanna do everything that isnt stuff i find boring.

7. My friend's brother is taking a Psychology class & he said that it is proven that if you study high the material will be easier to recall if you are high while taking a test. But I don't like studying high because I find it too hard to concentrate on one thing. My mind tends to wander.

8. I couldn't study high. I wouldn't get any of it while reading or remember it later. Plus, I'd feel like I was wasting the high and would quickly go back to listening to Blackalicious (my latest go-to rapper).

Writing papers, assuming any reseach needed is already done, now that's a different story.

9. Writing and studying while high is a pleasant treat. I passed my written test for my license in no time at all SOBER but I studied high as a fucking kite!

10. if you think smoking weed helps you study you probly just have the easiest classes and it makes it a little more interesting. You definatly will not remember as much if you study really high. I have been in calculus and advanced chemistry classes if im high studying for something like that its just a waste of time.

11. I do everything about my schooling high. I wouldny say that it makes me do better its just what i do i smoke so much that i have no choice but to study and do assighnments high and you best believe that all of my test and exams are done high to. And i get A's and B's at tiffin university so i think i do alright with it:D

12. I think it depends more on the person, and how much you smoke. Personally it's never been an issue for me to learn or understand material, but more of the motivation to do the work. I was blessed with the ability to learn quickly, but cursed with the inability to gain motivation to do school work. I'm one of those people that will only do work in classes if I like the class or teacher. If not, well, we can expect a very low grade from me.

That is until I started smoking in college. :smoking:

I have found that smoking *smaller* amounts before studying, going to class, tests, and so on, allows me to actually engage my brain into the subject matter at hand. Even if I don't like the subject, I like thinking about things while high, and the abstract thinking pattern weed gives me makes any subject interesting enough to pay attention. I actually was failing out of college before I started smoking. Since then, A's and B's all the way.

I would never suggest getting blazed out of your mind and trying to work on anything, that an obvious no-go :rolleyes: But like pretty much anything else in this world, if you have the self control for using in moderation, I believe it can help some people.

So hell, maybe I am very weird. Or maybe we need to move past the ideas that what is good or bad for one is good or bad for all, and understand that every human being is different, and will react differently to different things in the world.

13. weed wouldn't necessarily help or hurt your studying capabilities but if you study high, go to the test high. the frequency of your brainwaves is different when you're sober and when you're high, and if you learn the material while you're high, it will be much easier to remember during a test if you are high then as well, but if you're sober you're just fucked all around.

14. I study high quite often and sometimes it helps but sometimes i just get too bored and can't focus. I prefer to write essays and stuff sober too, just so that i know it's not stupid and it all makes sense. I can't afford to fail another year of uni haha i failed last year cause i was high the whole time and did no work...

15. yea, i can not smoke and study. When i get high, i just get realy stupid and layback. i might study then smoke, but i normally dont study. But im also percribed adderal so when i smoke on that my mind just RUNS!!!!!

16. its a waste of weed!!!! :'[[[[[

17. study high, take the test high.... GET HIGH SCORES!

18. I personally use weed as a "carrot on the end of a stick" like some have said. If I have a paper to write or something I will work harder and faster because I know as soon as I'm done I can break up that stinky little nug that's been eying me from across the table and forget about whatever shitty task I had to complete.

I know a lot of people that like to get high to make things like work or school go by easier, but in my mind thats a waste of weed. I like to do fun things when I'm high, not sweep floors or do math. I would much rather save my nugs for post class, work, etc.

19. Never. I've tried, don't get me wrong but, I just get so ADD and can't make myself comprehend things.

20. I think this is a cool topic because everyone either loves studying high or thinks it stupid. I think it sort of depends on the class or subject. I love going and studying for my social science classes, communication class, and literature/English classes high, but can't handle complex document and deep calculations as easily when I'm high.