Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fibromyalgia, Nerve pain, chronic pain, migraines and chronic fatigue

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by GringoDePacas, Jun 7, 2010.

1. #1 GringoDePacas, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010
    Hi,
    I'm new here and I have all of the ailments listed above in this thread's title. I'm a man and I'm 45 years old.
    Fibromyalgia is mainly known as an illness that women get, but more men are getting Fibro. and related illnesses. It really sucks! :mad:
    I'm tired of being on so many pharma meds that really don't do shit for my pain! I haven't used THC in ages. I quit all recreational substances including alcohol and THC in 2005. I'm a bit out of the 'THC Loop', as it were.
    Any suggestions about which strains I should look for for my particular ailments when/if I get legal here in CO, USA?:eek: THANKS!

2. #2 cowboysaxman, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010
    Some strains may not be available in your area. So after you get "legal" go to a MedMJ dispensary and ask their advice. They know what they have, and what will help you the most:smoke:

My "regular" Doc would have me taking 8 Norco, 4 Oxy's, and 3 xanax every day:eek: Pharma POISON:( and they don't relieve pain, only DESTROY my liver, kidneys,stomach, and who knows what else.

MedMJ keeps me functional, with much less pain:smoke:

Good Luck to you

Oh and by the way............WELCOME to GC

3. Jack Herer
    Sour Diesel/other Diesel's
    Kali Mist
    Juicy Fruit
    Amsterdam Bubble Funk
    Blueberry
    Bubblegum

These strains were listed in list of strains from compassion/caregiver groups as being good for Fibromyalgia. That doesn't mean they will help, just that they have helped others. I can't recommend anything personally since I am waiting on my doctor's office to copy my records so I can make my appointment with my MMJ doctor. I have been on the forum for 6 months researching MMJ, since It is a big decision for me to do it. But soon....

So, if you want to talk to someone with Fibro just pm me by clicking on my username.

Sammy

4. #4 BigTrees, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2010

Why else would they prescribe that shit?

medical ideologies keep us sick
    and make us pay for it

to the OP
    anything that's a sativa will have an uplifting high
    indicas will have a downer type high

if you're looking for either, check the labels at your dispensiary
    or ask your dealer (though it cannot be garanteed that he will have the slightest clue what you're talking about, or that he will tell the truth. marijuana dealers have been known to sound out complete bullshit about the strains they carry)

most premium trees are hybrids of both indica and sativa
    and will share properties of both trees

5. Ask the people at your local shop what you need. When I buy they have all the effects listed of each different type of weed.

I'll tell you this, after having chronic back pain(due to accidents) for most of my life when I started smoking MMJ it really did help. Stick to indicas as they are mainly for pain and I have heard are great for nerve problems. Good luck