Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anxiety While Stoned : It's All In Your Head ...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KenSPT, May 27, 2010.

1. It's try that it's all in your head, but I think your surroundings play the vital part in it.
    I was smoking with a friend one night then we went to his friends house and we were sitting there watching tv and my mind went into a dark place for some reason and I thought they were going to jump me or something and in my head I was planning escape routes lol.
    In the end it was all good. By the way, my plan was fucked from the start because the door wasn't even where I thought it was lol.

2. sometimes if my heart starts racing, i close my eyes, inhale through the nose, exhale through the mouth, works everytime, its almost scary how instantious it works

3. There's also a physiological explanation for why the heart races, THC smooths out the artery's interior walls, increasing blood flow (this is why the eyes redden) the heart naturally compensates by beating faster.

More info on this kind of thing in my book: Marijuana Paranoia Management Coaching

4. Completely agree,
    You can even do it with,
    Abrupt laughter too.

5. You bastard, now I'm having trouble breathing!

I agree with the "all in your head" thing, but I still find it strange that paranoia happens to so many people when they smoke. I wonder if people today are just more apt to have anxiety, or even if it's related to weed at all... I was going to type more but I just took a huge bong rip and I'm more stoned than I thought lol

6. It's a tough question, but I get that sense as well, that people are increasingly experiencing anxious/paranoid reactions from pot.

The most popular argument is that this is merely a function of the increased THC that's been bred into marijuana over time.

Funny, I just did a video about this issue of steadily increasing anxiety from pot- can watch here-- youtu.be/NG4ev8EbQLA

Perhaps the most relevant and underdiscussed variable in the paranoia equation is the effect of a gene called COMT. There's a hypothesis, backed by qualified scientific studies, to suggest that individuals who possess a certain genotype of COMT are more vulnerable to intense anxiety and paranoia from Cannabis. --

See the entry "COMT Hypothesis" here in the Paranoiac's Dictionary.

7. Rarely il just shake when I'm high like I can't control it- I try but it's hard so I tense up my body n I just shake lol n that will make me nervous- nothing els lol

8. #68 Deep Roots, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I just got on Google and searched "bad anxiety when high" and yours was like the fourth link on grasscity.

I was just going through a anxiety started after smoking a bowl about an hr ago. (it's been happening recently after smoking 5 years pretty steady and I believe it's my same routine when I smoke and I think ahead of time about be nervous (what you said).

I just did the breathing and closed eyes thing and dude that gut feeling you get when you're scared, like the butterflies lol, just went away and I can focus on my high again. You might have just really helped me man, thank you.

I've heard to try and breath before but it never really worked, then again I probably just didn't think about it hard enough :rolleyes:

The mind is powerful. :hippie:  :devious:

9. i also got what i believe to be anxiety. heart rate went way up way quick and didnt settle down until i took deep breaths. but before i started toking i was anxious about smoking and the fact that my parents dont approve of me. long story short it actually got bad ( anxiety or paranoia) and some kid had to drive me home lol. next time ill try and relax before and during toking hours

i also got what i believe to be anxiety. heart rate went way up way quick and didnt settle down until i took deep breaths. but before i started toking i was anxious about smoking and the fact that my parents dont approve of me. long story short it actually got bad ( anxiety or paranoia) and some kid had to drive me home lol. next time ill try and relax before and during toking hours

10. When all else fails play a game or watch something. 

Or cold milk if things get really bad ;)

11. Somehow this made the anxiety worse for me...

12. My anxiety didn't start until I did shrooms and they ended up being laced. Now anytime I smoke and even sometimes drink, pretty much whenever my body feels different I go into a full out panic attack and I can't stop it unless I take my medicine. I'm hoping I'll be able to smoke again like I use to but as it stands now I can't even smoke a one hitter without feeling like I'm going to die.

13. Not allowed to talk about other drugs here but LUL @ laced shhhhhhh room s. 1 they're strong as fuck and no joke whatsoever 2 there is literally NO reason to "lace" them (even though there is very little reason with most drugs these have to be among the very least likely)