Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

When to flower after transplant?

• Please log in to reply

Canadiantokr420

Canadiantokr420

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
I have a female that is about 4 -5 weeks in veg but 3 days ago I did a transplant from a 1 gallon to a 6 gallon container. The plant was root bound and is healthy but I want to make sure that the roots settle in before I flip the lights. I know that during the first 2 weeks of flowering, the plant will still promote root growth and upward plant growth, but I want the root ball to be root bound when Its at the end of the flower cycle. So how much longer should I wait, or can I flip it to 12/12 and have the same results as letting it go say another 3-4 days.

Thx for your help.

P.S I didnt do anything to the root before placing in 6 gallon pot, just put it in there(some growers will make a lil slit in the bottom or break up some of the soil on the bottom)

Canadiantokr420

Canadiantokr420

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
My light is 250 watts CFL ( 6x42 watts) of red spectrum and my temps are 27celcius(80f).

If I put a seedling heat mat under the pot's tray, will this encourage faster root growth,such as the cloning method? And can I use it thruought the entire cycle?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users