How do OR don't you fit the average "stoner/pothead stereotype"?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jakkyvengeane, May 24, 2010.

1. I def have stoner like characteristics, but they don't really have anything to do with pot. I listen to alot of classic rock, metal, but 90% of the time it's sublime jamming in my room. Usually grow my hair out long (short as shit now), got a beard, eat way too much or way too less, and one hell of an unhealthy obsession with the cops.

As far as not fitting the stoner image, well ... I have a job, two of them, not that it matters since both suck ass. Besides smoking weed and music, I like cars/trucks, working on them, computers and anything in technology basically.

2. I resemble a stereotypical stoner in that I:

Smoke weed multiple times per day, throughout the day.
    Like going to concerts getting high and having a good time.
    Eat lots of food.
    Listen to reggae.
    Play frisbee.
    Play hackysack.
    Like participating in drum circles/jam sessions.

But on the other hand, I also:

Maintain a clean cut appearance and good overall hygiene.
    Have a job and go to school.
    Play more athletic sports such as squash.
    Maintain good overall health.
    Like guns and knives, and would like to learn martial arts in the future.

3. I wear lots of tie dye and flowing pants/skirts
    I'm pretty chilled out and easy going
    Listen to lots of Bob and Floyd

But

I work hard at school
    I'm really active and go to gym 5 days a week
    I can't remember the last time I ate junk food

4. 1.always smell like weed
    2.dreads
    3red eyes

5. 1. Listen to music 95% of my day
    2. usually like to grow my hair out then cut it short
    3. I smoke weed once a day usually
    4. Smoke weed but i can't roll blunts
    5. i eat at McDonalds because subways pricy
    6. I work VERY hard at my job
    7. i take LOT of pride in my works of art, and everything i own because i earned it all the hard way.
    8. I work on cars alot, my dreams always been to be a mechanic, but i had to drop out of high school to pay bills when dad stopped coming home. and ever since, most of my meaningful dreams and goals have been discarded because this town's jobs only pay you enough to eat.
    9. I like dark things. Most of my art is dark, and i enjoy the fact that alot of people around here want to get to know me but only my boy Fuzzy has me figured out.
    10. Im very spiritual, and study history and science in my free time because i believe that we must first understand the past to help better our future.
    11. I just want to be free, be left alone when i want to, and live in peace without the extreme ridicule if you step on some pricks toe by mistake.

People tend to expect everyone around them is supposed to do everything in their power to make their life perfected. OR ELSE you get sued. I believe people need to stop "Tolerating" racial and religious differences, and just accept these differences. Just because your skin colors or beliefs are different doesnt mean you need to try and convert the other guy, or condemn for not being like you.
    end rant.

6. #46 girlonthecouch, May 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2010
    Yes:
    -Make hemp jewelery
    -Collect nice glass
    -Listen to strange, obscure music
    -Bike everywhere
    -Love camping
    -Eat mostly organic (also have a garden) :]
    -Sleep a lot
    -Keep odd hours
    -Play guitar and sing (come to a show if you're in MI!)
    -Indulge in psychedelics

No:
    -Took mostly AP classes in high school
    -Graduated in the top quarter of my class
    -Play ice hockey
    -Run a lot, spend time at the gym
    -Read all the time

It's actually really difficult for me to find reasons why I don't fit the stereotype,haha.

7. I am tall, skinny, shaggy hair.
    I am a PC gamer.
    I am a daily toker.
    I love rally racing and cars in general.
    I build stuff (DIY).
    I listen to lots of dubstep, glitch, and other electronic music.
    I throw knives and pick locks.

I don't think I fit into the classic definition of stoner. :smoke:

8. Short hair
    Clean shaven/stubble
    3.2GPA (decent)
    wear pricy clothes
    exercise 12 hours a week

go to bed at 2AM, wake up at noon (without school or work)
    Like classic rock

Top is diffrent, bottom is similar.

9. Im a avid long distance runner, huge sports fan, mainly football and basketball..good golfer..try to keep my hair shorter along with my beard..

But my stoner self is that I love unhealthy foods and i drink mt.dew like none other..when i get the munchies i always out munch my friends..i prefer 70's music..and i write on a marijuana website

10. holy shit! you too?:cool:

11. - Just graduated college (smoking like a madman wake+baker for whole senior year)

- I'm a lifelong dedicated martial artist: I'm a Blackbelt in Japanese Ju-jitsu, a Brownbelt in Judo, have been training MMA 10 hours a week for 9 months now. I LOVE TO get a good buzz going and train brazillian jujitsu, I attribute my ground game to getting stoned. Get stoned and grapple, you stay calm, weed makes my pattern recognition go up alot, anybody who rips a bong and plays guitar hero know's what i'm talking about. Also getting baked b4 you grapple keeps you not fighting, but training. When was the last testosterone fueled pissing contest you saw from two guys baked out of their minds? The last benefit to smoking and grappling, is of course, when you do finally grapple sober, you're 3x as fast and twice as smooth physically because you're so used to fighting baked, that sober grappling seems like a weight has been lifted off of your body. It's like training with weights attached to your body, but to your mind, then when you're free of the high, bam! armbars & chokes like liquid lightning! (look at the Diaz brothers, or Joe Rogan *the ufc announcer/fear factor/man show guy* he's a phenomenal martial artist who's a HUGE GARGANTUAN stoner)

- I'm engaged to a non-drinker, very rare toker

- I listen to stuff like Tool & Opeth along with my Chili Peppers & Sublime

- I'm really really not lazy

- I'm actually posting on this forum 100% sober as a nun. (taking a tolerance break for 4 days)

- I built the most insane bong anyone has ever seen. (if you can top this feel free to say so) I used a matress air pump attached to the top of a 5 foot tall x1ft. wide metal box, a stem at the bottom with a bowl fit for a dub. and all you do is turn it on and light the bowl. like 30 seconds later, you have a 5 cubic foot whitewall of bong smoke to share with 10 friends (using hoses)

- I'm a professional writer (if i told you of what, y'all could find my ass...)

- I'm not a shitbag...

- Physically you'd never guess I'm a stoner. I'm stocky and very well muscled white guy, have a spikey phohawk, a goatee, no tats or piercings, tho my fiance has many of both.

- I never wear tie die, I hate the word "Namaste", and all other misinterpreted re-branded new-age spiritual bullshit (sorry peeps, know that will piss somebody off)

- I'm a staunch atheist who belives in ABSOLUTELY NOTHING supernatural, spritual, religious, or otherwise. I'm a skeptic, I belive god, souls, right/wrong, good/evil, angels, zombies, and goblins too, are all just constructs of human imagination & fear in one form or another.

So in conclusion, I'm really not the avg pot-head, and I cant stand all the pro-weed culture stuff. YES pot is pretty fucking harmless, NO hemp is not THE MOST CRITICALLY IMPORTANT MATERIAL ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET!!! it's not fuckin adamantium people, its Hemp, I know we all want MJ legal, but comon, we all know in 20 years it'll be legal. Maybe I'm a jackass who lives on the west coast where weed is EVERYWHERE, but seems to me like only 1 out of 5 people under 30 these days thinks weed is harmfull at all. My fear is the commercilization of weed, not it's legalization. I really dont want the marketing dickwads at coors or budwiser (especially BUDwiezer) to do to weed what has been done with beer advertising. I say make it legal to possess & smoke, tax it a little, and put it next to the cigarettes, with all the same restrictions on advertising. I dont want to see hilarious adds for coors mega dank blend #4 on during the superbowl...

-End...

12. It depends, as stoners we are more aware of things that can screw us.

I keep an clean image
    Active in helping people with problems
    Play in a band
    Going to school and majoring in Economics

On the other hand...

I smoke every day, but not before school or any event that is filled with sober people
    Have a wonderful girlfriend who tokes with me every time :)
    Living with parents, parents are pro-weed

It's really hard to tell if i am a smoker.

I guess the majority of people here is like that. We must :(

I would really like a pub or a club where you can go and hang out with other smoking couples or people who are not disturbed by couples.

13. Yes:
    longish curly hair

I wear baggy clothes (not my pants sagging halfway past my ass, but y'know, 'comfortably loose' I like to call it)

I like classic rock and all the 'stereotypical' stoner bands like Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, Led Zeppelin etc.

I'm very laid back (maybe too much, I rarely get angry even at people who deserve it.)

I always refer to an unspecified male as a "dude".

I sleep a lot on days off (go to bed around 4A.M., wake up at 2:30 P.M.)

I lack motivation to do a lot of stuff.

No:

People always say I'm really smart, even people who went to better schools/took harder classes than me. My lack of motivation almost killed my school career though.

I go to the gym

I like a lot of classical music. I also took piano lessons as a kid.

I have a guitar but I can't play it for shit. The piano's more my thing :p

I smoke cigarettes

I rarely eat fast food. I'm a pretty decent cook.

14. I like to sit home and get baked and play xbox. I like to look on the internet while baked or becoming baked. I listen to all music except country and love budzzzz...

I'm a father to my 8 month old daughter.
    I care about global issues.
    I'm constantly thinking of things bigger than me. (I blame the history channel and natgeo)

I am and will always be a stoner at heart, but the stereotype is from 30 years ago. Times have changed and so has the stoners life and goals.:smoke::smoke::smoke:

15. - smoke every day
    - if i pick up an article of clothing off the floor and it doesnt smell it must be clean and thats how i decide what to wear each day
    - lazy as hell
    - dont wake up early if i dont absolutely have to
    - listen to chill music
    - im a lover, not a fighter

16. I'm a cheif journalist who acts as a pot head to infiltrate major grow opperation mostly in the hills of India. While in disguise I use my persuasive skills to break the growers into two gangs, each vowing to deystroy the other. I wait in the bushes, sometimes for days. After both gangs have killed each other off I jump out, and take all the weed, stick it in my custom fannypack, then go back to base. It is there I spend weeks doing in depth testing of the "marijuana" in question. Usually about the fourth week in I have two very brilliant paragraphs that would be nobel prize worthy. This is not my main job, I only do this sometimes....

17. By not believing in stereotypes.

18. I'm 46, a grandfather, i currently hold 3 degree's and am currently seeking a masters with a 3.33 QPA. I use marijuana on a daily basis and have for the better part of 30 + years.

I'd say i don't fit with society's perception of the average stoner.

19. Yes:

- I sit at home all day on my computer. This fits.
    - I listen to a lot of rock music but also hip-hop. Both fit I guess.
    - Spend as much time as possible in bed.
    - Play computer games quite a lot.
    - Go into shops and buy shit tons of junk food with red eyes.
    - Stepped outside of the norm: piercings, metal band t-shirts etc. etc.

No:

- I'm only sitting at home so I can get qualifications to get into a UK Top 10 University to do a masters degree. I have goals.
    - I've always been interested in learning and expanding my knowledge of the world.
    - I've always been academically successful.
    - I can be quite an angry and violent person if you push me, although this is uncommon.

20. Have dreads
    own a marley poster

but
    have a very high gpa
    am not very liberal