Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Marijuana In China

• Please log in to reply

Mojo Hand

Mojo Hand

Pride of Cucamonga

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I will be going to China (in Shanghai and in villages within 50 miles) for a few weeks over the summer so I was wondering what the cannabis scene in the more rural areas is like. I know that laws are very strict with citizens, but what is enforcement like? esp. for foreigners?

Similar Topics: Marijuana In China     x

mushroomsatsuji

mushroomsatsuji

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 28,032 posts
Are you retarded?

angusnaut

angusnaut

Sup?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,998 posts
I just got back from a trip to shanghai last winter. I did not smoke while I was there but I got approached numerous times each night by some guy who barely spoke english, but he managed to spit out "marijuana" and "hashish." thats for sure the sketchiest way to go about it. But idk. its illegal there but unsure of the exact laws

oneblownaZn

oneblownaZn

Now A MMJ Patient! :)

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,878 posts
You don't go to u of a do you? Had a friend who's there for a few weeks studying abroad. But yeah I think it's pretty sketch, try opium?

Or maybe use this site as a guide, for the most part it's accurate but i've heard some others say it's totally off, hope it helps

WeBeHigh.com - Worldwide Marijuana Travel Guide With Marijuana Prices, Spots & Legalization Status

ehgonzo

ehgonzo

• Registered Upgraded
  • 234 posts
idk if smoking weed as a foreigner in china is a good idea.
i wouldnt be doing any illegal shit in china if i were you!
i dont know ANY laws in china nor have i ever been there, i just dont think i would be fuckin around with that haha

DaiLLeSTeL

DaiLLeSTeL

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,992 posts
i heard they strict over there.

and that the weed is totally different, like spirit seeing type of shit.

oneblownaZn

oneblownaZn

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,878 posts
Yeah OP ever seen locked up abroad!? Haha just playin.

mushroomsatsuji

mushroomsatsuji

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 28,032 posts

Yeah OP ever seen locked up abroad!? Haha just playin.

Im not. That shit is real. I dont wanna know what goes on in Chinas prisons...:eek:

oneblownaZn

oneblownaZn

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,878 posts

Im not. That shit is real. I dont wanna know what goes on in Chinas prisons...:eek:

As an American of Chinese decent neither do I. Yet I post that link to help out the OP to hope that if he does decide to go through with his actions that he finds and safer alternative to approaching strange sketchy ppl. Ya dig!?

MASTER*SHAKE

MASTER*SHAKE

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

They make you watch reruns of Gilmore girls.

mushroomsatsuji

mushroomsatsuji

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 28,032 posts

As an American of Chinese decent neither do I. Yet I post that link to help out the OP to hope that if he does decide to go through with his actions that he finds and safer alternative to approaching strange sketchy ppl. Ya dig!?

I can dig it, jive turkey!

oneblownaZn

oneblownaZn

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,878 posts

They make you watch reruns of Gilmore girls.

While listening to nickleback

YoSmokinMan

YoSmokinMan

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,568 posts

Probably involves chopsticks and assholes.

Man I wouldn't be tying to smoke weed in China they'll cut your face off.

oldskoolgrower

oldskoolgrower

ಠ_ಠ

• Old School
  • 30,210 posts

I will be going to China (in Shanghai and in villages within 50 miles) for a few weeks over the summer so I was wondering what the cannabis scene in the more rural areas is like. I know that laws are very strict with citizens, but what is enforcement like? esp. for foreigners?

Depending on the situation the penalties can range from years in a prison at hard labor to execution. I'm not kidding.

Here's just one article:
China: Marijuana Laws - 420 Magazine

People do it, but the risk is huge.

pinkpipe

pinkpipe

Psst...I'm a girl.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,302 posts
They seriously make women take pregnancy tests monthly and fine you for having more than one child. What's a little pot?

Btw, probably a pretty bad idea to smoke pot in a communist country. Going dry for a few days is a lot better than years in a dank, dark, Chinese prison.

mushroomsatsuji

mushroomsatsuji

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 28,032 posts

Its worse than I could have ever imagined:eek:

oldskoolgrower

oldskoolgrower

ಠ_ಠ

• Old School
  • 30,210 posts

Its worse than I could have ever imagined:eek:

That's it. I'm calling Amnesty International.

JORDANEast

JORDANEast

• Registered Upgraded
  • 587 posts
China has the lowest reported usage of Cannabis of any country. That's because of a combination of incredibly strict laws and punishment and people's unwillingness to admit to something so taboo even in a survey. Don't do it.

DJRedeye

DJRedeye

• Registered Upgraded
  • 191 posts

Probably involves chopsticks and assholes.

Man I wouldn't be tying to smoke weed in China they'll cut your face off.

PFFFF chopsticks? I heard they make bamboo grow up your asshole. That shit can grow up to 1 m/h.

Hardnutcheck

Hardnutcheck

I smell pretty damn good

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,990 posts
It's true that in certain places Marijuana plants are randomly growing out in the open but even though you'll probably only be able to find hashish. For one reason or another the actual Marijuana is going to cost quite a bit. As far as the police are concerned, They aren't concerned to much with what foreigners do and they really don't even know what Cannabis or hashish smells like. But it's your call

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)