Life and Death, the supposed "unknowable"

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by 1Trismegistus1, May 19, 2010.

1. Congrats on breaking through to your current understanding...It takes being humble the wholllllle way.

And as to the 'operating'....possibly you meant operating 'within' those laws...to grow in your path...Im only supposing..lol.

2. #442 1Trismegistus1, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2011
    Yes exactly. For instance the Archeus/Anima Mundi/World Soul contains what is called occult virtues for everything. This is why certain things for example have astrological correspondences etc. Man is able to influence the Archeus with his impressions, and just for an example, the "weeping willow" has a characteristic of being "sad", not because it naturally exists, but because in our habit to personify things we have deemed that the tree looks sad about something. Likewise this can be done with the food you eat and drinks, instilling a virtue in it via the Archeus and then ingesting it and at the same time adding that virtue to the self. This becomes more effective when the food already has occult virtues similar to the characteristic your impregnating, for example spicey foods are "firey" in nature, and so impregnating it with a firey virtue like courage, or endurance, will be more effective than say trying to impregnate it with a watery virtue like compassion or empathy. You do this in the pursuit of what's called the magical equipoise, when the elements are completely balanced in your body and thus you rule over them instead of they over you. This makes the character that of a Saint, and one is a fitting receptacle for the Divinity to shine through.

Some might say that this is merely auto-suggestion, and for the beginner this may be a key component to why it works, however as one progresses he will be able to impregnate water with say energy, and the one who drinks it will become energized without knowing the water had anything done to it. Likewise when one can work with the elements he could impregnate an element into the water and altar the very taste of it physically, with fire tasting sour, air tasting sweet, etc.

These are very minor examples, as I don't want to go into things that can be done that might encourage someone to begin such a path for reasons of power, as that would be a fruitless effort. He who seeks power never obtains it. The Theurgist uses "magic operations" as stepping stones towards the Divinity, as means to an end and not the end itself. Instead of, say, evoking a spirit to do some deed for him, he will do so to learn powerful evolutionary techniques, or something similar. Or one performs and Invocation to bring a God into his very being, and this in turns "turns on" the aspect of that God that existed in his hidden Godliness already is brought out. He will do this with many Gods, and in turn will understand the mysteries of every religious text for that God. He will momentarily become the God himself, and afterwards will still retain a major portion of that God's attributes.

3. I used to think the idea of spirits and souls was illogical, and believed you just stopped existing and all that.

but if you think about it, we all simply started 'existing' one day. no warning or preparation, you kind of just woke up into the world. and just like we will stop existing after death, one day we'll "wake up" as if the whole death thing never happened and face the mystery of death all over again.

reincarnation is real.
    as for what happens inbetween, no one knows...or remembers.

4. This has got to be the most resurrected thread in GC history, it's that legendary that people hear about it and then quest to dig up it's coffin lol.

5. This is very good and interesting,
    however my belief is that when you die, you die. Its pre-birth, simply nothing.

thats the only logical thing i can believe in about the afterlife.

6. #446 TinTizzy, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2011
    I think there are infinite parallel universes that we've already lived every life possible and when we die we simply pick back up in a different version of us. I could also see this being applied to a god by each time we live a life we either move closer to god or away based on how much spirituality we've acquired over that lifetime. Eventually we would become all knowing and be "one with god" which could be considered heaven or be constantly moving further from god which would make us full of even more questions and in a sense be hell. I think kids and animals are more clairvoyant because they are more open to the 5th dimension which is seeing every possible outcome for every scenario which would make them able to sense things that have already happened in parallel universes..same with deja vu, premonitions, ect...and I also think the akashic records are the records of everything that could ever possibly happen to everyone not just the record of one persons life or the life so far on earth..I could go on and on about it

7. I'm quite sure reincarnation is real. However it's hard for to imagine the states in between birth and death.

To me, death is simply sleep, and birth is simply awaking again.

8. Can someone please explain being reborn but having a conjoined twin?

9. [Part One: I Had A Dream]
    This is it, it was like this...
    Thought I was the king, thought that I was it
    And I had no tolerance for idiots.
    I was always saying most people are dicks,
    I made fun of all them jerks
    That's how I got my kicks.
    I laughed at men, I laughed at gods.

Then one night I had a dream about a petri dish
    It was sittin' on my shoulder,
    Growing some kind of fungus or some kind of mold er...
    I didn't know what it meant
    I didn't know how it got there.
    But one things for sure,
    I never woke from that nightmare...

[Part Two: Headamorphisis]
    Woke up one day not long ago and much to my surprise
    There was a head in my bed right next to me,
    It was looking me in the eyes.
    In the middle of the night it seems that this head
    Had just grown up from my shoulder.
    It looked a lot like one of Jerry's kids
    Except that it was older,
    On my shoulder - Not a poster!

I've grown stupid, happened overnight
    I'm with stupid, he's with me.

In my bed next to the head, was a note it said:
    "You were always mean to stupid people,
    You laughed right in their face.
    Welcome to the world of a new kind of Karma
    Where we don't wait till you're dead.
    Reincarnation will come later,
    For now you get this head instead."

Stupid Head -
    I wish I may, I wish I might
    Ditch this head that I grew last night, 'cause

The note said I couldn't kill the head
    And I shouldn't kill myself
    Or I'd be reborn as something worse.
    Stupid curse.
    Well I don't want to know
    What could be worse than this,
    This karma kiss, oh gods let's get this over with.

"Instant Karma is gonna get you
    Gonna knock you right in the other head
    You better get your heads together
    'Cause pretty soon you're gonna be dead."

Since that day my life is shot
    I can't even go outside,
    'Cause it's bad enough to have to heads,
    But it's worse when one's unoccupied.
    So I just sit at home, feed and bathe my head
    Wishin' - waitin', wishin'
    Waitin' for that day I'm dead.

Stupid Head -
    I wish I may, I wish I might
    Ditch this head that I grew last night, 'cause

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=272FPloamVs]Scatterbrain- I'm With Stupid - YouTube[/ame]

10. I won't claim to know the precise answer, but it is most likely because of a LOT of karma between the 2 souls along with needing precisely the same astrology/life circumstances to work out those karmas both separately and between the twins. That is the reason you incarnate anywhere, because the stars on the horizon at birth are exactly what you needed to have the life circumstances you need to evolve. With regular twins that is the case (karma between the 2 souls that needs worked out)

11. Reincarnation happens in some form. Consciousness has always been- it's just that the forms don't last forever (bodies)