Bong for $300

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Forb1d, May 18, 2010.

1. Thats cool and all and imma let you finish but this thread has nothing to do with vapes or how people justify the means to purchase their glass. Personally I dont like vaping because I feel like I don't like the high, I haven't looked to much into it but it has been said that vapes may not release all cannabinoids such as cbd's and cbn's, but I digress. My point is that nobody likes bible pushers..help those seeking help.

Can you blame glass blowers for trying to get paid for their dedictation and their research and development and product testing.

2. From preston, the man behind stone glass works.

explains basically why tubes such as stemlines, waffles, gridcaps and such DO get you higher than cheapo phires and such

Turbulance:

this is what make the difference between a tube clearing well, providing a quality, tasty hit, as opposed to a stale, harder to clear hit. now please do not confuse turbulance with drag. drag is the resistance to air flow, turbulance is how the air flows. so now that we understand the fundamental difference between the two, let us analize...

small bore will have less turbulance, and more laminar flow when compaired to big bore, this is excluding any other factors like percs, or diffusion type. so a 44 x 4 will have less turbulance than a 50 x 3.2. (random fact, 44 x 4 and 50 x 7 have the same bore)

percs add lots of turbulance, the flow cannot go straight up the tube (laminar) and is forced thru whatever perc, creating turbulance a second and third time (depending on number of percs)

so what does all this mean?

the sooner the smoke hits your lungs the more THC hits your bloodstream, so laminar flow is best because the smoke is rocketing straight up into your lungs. turbulance makes the smoke swirl inside the tube giving more of a chance for the THC to stick to the side of your tube. so essentially turbulance = loss of THC

this is why none of my tubes have percs. my damned engineering backround wont let me make something i know defeats the whols purpose of burning the tree in the first place.

hope this info helps and maybe even sheds light on why the bag disappears so fast when you have a tripple perc tube.

3. Did you read the OP's question? That's cool if you don't like vapes. I love bongs. I love vapes. I love pipes. I love joints. It's all good. Dude asked a question and I am giving him my opinion, that unless his friend is set on some expensive name brand or to collect high end stuff it's a waste of money compared to glass in the $100-$200 range.

4. and really 300 is like the lowest end of quality tubes. you can get a pillar for 900, and every single person who has one has said it was worth every penny and is the best tube they've ever used by far. (swiss percs as well by nate dizzle)

for something that you will prolly use everyday if you're a daily smoker, it's totally worth it.

5. oldschoolgrower and iCU toker both have valid points, and theres really no use for the minor bickering :smoking: by the sound of it the TC's friend is not a serious glass collector and just likes to get stoned like the rest of us, and if thats the case, spend 120 on a JBD beaker, nothing too fancy, and still works like a charm, I have a toro, my friend has a SG, and I still have a JBD from 2 years ago that cost me 100 bucks....they all get me the same exact high, I just feel better smoking out of a toro or SG because in MY opinion the rips feel smoother.

hope I shed some light :wave:

and to iCU - my friend goes to Colorodo, he sells hand made jewlery there lol, his names jake, hes the shit

6. Like I said that's cool if you think it's worth it. If it's worth it to you, then by definition it's worth it. Some people would tell me I'm crazy if I spend thousands of dollars on a new guitar rather than one for $800-$1000 that plays basically just as well. It's all a matter of preference. If it's worth it to you, it's worth it. Like I said I wasn't belittling anyone. I just personally feel that for $300 an SSV (from the original question) is a better buy.

7. ok, fair engouh,

as a serious guitar player, can understand that as well.

but you said it you're self.
    ........than one of $800-$100 that plays BASICALLY as well. It's just that basically. A straight tube might be basically the same,..yeah, it puts smoke into you're lungs.....its just not THE same as a higher end piece of equipment, weedstar vs sg, cheapo ibanez vs es335

8. There isn't a difference in sound between a $1000 Gibson Les Paul Studio and a $3000 custom Les Paul :)

It's all good though. We can agree to disagree. I have plenty of money but I can't see spending more than $200 on glass. I just can't justify it, and yes I've smoked out of some very, very expensive bongs.

9. ok, agree to disagree.....wanna give me you're growing secrets now, i'll be your apprentace, haha.

i just think that spending 300 or more on a tube that lasts for an entire life time and you never need to upgrade is worth it, especially if you are like many ppl on here and will be using that thing daily or multiple times daily for years and years.

ok done.
    ps
    what kind of guitar u have osg,

right now i'm jammin on my 60th anniversary american sunburst strat, out of my olddd school 300 watt tuber

10. soo i started smoking about 3 years ago.. started strictly on blunts/joints/pipes .. then i moved out of the parentals and got myself a generic 18" straight shooter with a diffy and a/c.. spent $120 for that set up.. and then decided that the straight shooters were a bit too hot for my throats liking.. so i went down to my local shop (homeblownglass btw [northern california STAND UP!!]) and spent $250 on a nice daily driver and couldn't be happier... the bong gives me the PERFECT hits. hits that are tolerable both by my throat and my "stoned out meter".. all this nonsense and personal recollection being said, i am 1500000% behind people spending a decent amount ($2-400) on a nice daily driver. it just makes ur life better when u wake up and have the option to smoke out of a NICe looking and nice hitting piece EVERYDAY and not have to really baby it or whatever.. im high as hell right now so this might come off as some horrible english but forgive me.. run on sentences are my friends

11. That's all I read. If you can't bother writing something halfway intelligible and using paragraphs I don't waste my time :rolleyes:

12. I will also disagree. Different smoking devices offer different highs. My 18 inch Iladelph is a totally different high than my 17 inch perc'd Toro. As my friends Lux provides a totally different high. You can't get stoned ten times off of a .15 that is falsw information. A tube willl provide you that stoned feeling
    where a vape is so much different. I own a da buddha and theres still no replacemet for a legit bong. I say this is a case of ignorance, or just your
    opinon getting in the way of facts. As its an open and shut case that different
    peices do indeed get you higher. One could say its just a different high, but if your used to one way, a different way will feel higher. Either way....

Edit: No disrespect meant, could be a tomato tomahto type deal.

13. Look up 'psychosomatic' then get back to me.

14. Pertaining to the relationship between mind and body. Are you saying its all placebo? Or it's all in my head? I won't accept that as a proper answer as I could say the exact same thing as to what you are saying. Also you ignored the points about the vaping and the .15. Kind of picking and choosing what to correct me on.

15. I'm saying that there is not one bit of science behind one bong giving you a different high than another, as long as you're talking decent pieces. It's in your head, but a lot of your high is in your head anyways really. State of mind matters a lot.

16. Just wanted to chime in here for a sec. Thirty five years ago there were no such things as trees in a tube. I dont think we even had ice pinches back then and we got along fine. The thing is,why would eveyone just do a straight tube ? This would have keep alot of blowers when getting to where they are today.

High end quality tubes are just that. They cost more to make, the machines it take to make parts for these percs cost money and that goes into the cost. It take more time to build one and this adds to cost. Then if you add art work that brings with it more cost.

You do get what you pay for. You can get a tube that doesnt have but a hours worth of work timne in it for a hundred dollars. Or you can get one that has five or six hours worth the work in it and pay for it. This is all up to the person who is paying for it.

As far as percs go for filtering, if you pull a hit thru a tube with just water in the bottom the THC level will be higher at the top than say a hit pulled thru a tube that has one perc added. Then you loss even more with a couple perc.

I guess the whole thing is just up to what a person wants. It is always cool to have the top of the line. But you can always get by with something cheaper if your pocket is not as deep as others. Here is a funny thing i seen this pass weekend. I was at a shop and this young guy bought a tube for 800.00. As he left we watched him to see what he drove. It was a old Honda and he had to crawl into it from the passenger side door.

This is what is screwed up. His car wasnt worth 500.00 but he had a killer tube.Anyway, getting way off here. Just get what you can afford. And let those that say get the top of the line get it theirself. As long as you are happy that is all that matter.

17. Yeah I suppose like everything else. It is too relative a thing to classify.

18. #38 polski sklep, May 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2010
    I have recently started using an Alex K diffuser instead of an EHLE diffuser and tested them both with varying water levels and diffusion stones. It may be preference but with a greater, more constant amount of bubbles and a faster, smoother clear - to me, there is no doubt to the notable superiority of the Alex K showerhead. The smoke gets in the lungs quicker therefore it gets me higher.

Surely, there has to be a science pertaining the intricases which make certain pieces or accessories better than others? And wouldn't a similar understanding apply to percs, angle of joints, welds, bore hole etc?

The other side to this debate is what you're supporting when purchasing this glass - for me, there is a moral side; respecting the difference between true artists or innovators and rip-off merchants, plagiarising through Asia.

Like my meat, I like to know where my glass comes from.