Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you smoke to get rid of emotional pain?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mos_def, May 18, 2010.

1. I smoke so I can smother out my exessive over-thinking. It helps me forgot how weird it is to be anything at all and how meaningless it seems to me. Sure its not the best reason but its mine. Plus its fun as shit to play videogames high!:smoke:

2. That's exactly what I was gonna say.

• Like Like x 1
  3. love playing video games high!!!! (cept hate online multiplayer unless its with friends) just to hard if it aint with friends that are blazed to

4. I smoke when i know i will enjoy myself. I don't smoke to put off my problems

5. I usually can't smoke if I'm in a bad mood. Sometimes if I'm feeling bad, smoking makes me feels worse and if I'm happy I get happier.

I do it because I enjoy it (and its not bad in bed either ;))

6. i agree with the inbed part (altho never had sex) if you know what i mean

funny story with that i have never passed out while beatin it stoned my friend on the other hand passes out everytime he has tried so he tells me

7. i smoke to get high and enjoy myself, but if im having emotional problems and shits just going wrong, it really helps to get high cause i just dont give a shit and it doesnt bother me and sometime it makes me realistic about my problems and i realize theyre stupid and theres simple solutions

8. LOL everytime? That sucks XD

9. I do it simply as a social thing

10. sometimes i use to but i found smokin could make me think harder an get sadder then i was, my thaught is u shouldnt smoke to cope with ur pain but if it truly helps you on a regular day bases, then keep it lit

11. When i am smoking to cope with feelings, i smoke a shit ton. This almost puts me in my own personal world with no worries. Then i burn a square and pass out watching tv. Wake up renewed and happy.

12. I smoke and take care of business at the same time. If there are days when I feel down a little bit of weed goes a long ways.. It might not be right to use it that way sometimes, but the world seems a lot friendlier with it. :bongin:

13. ok idk how to put it. but i smoke when im deppressed because it helps me figure things out. but i NEVER smoke when im pissed. if i smoke before i get pissed well then i cant get pissed cuz im to happy. but i do think smoking to get rid of pain is wrong. i also see how it can help but it comes down to, do you need to smoke or could you put it off for a little while.

14. I "vape" so that all the "stereotypical and egotistical" parts of my life influenced by other people, are eliminated. Simple as that. I get one chance at life on this purple planet...who the fuck, let me repeat, who the FUCK is someone, another human being, to tell me what is right and wrong....then again....what is right and wrong when it comes down to it....:smoke:

Put simply, i'm gonna blaze for the rest of my life, because maryjane knows how to keep it real.

15. Occasionally, possibly if I get tired of the pain. I don't think I get pain too often thankfully though. Its not right or wrong and sometimes it helps me rationalize. If guilt is involved in the pain I might not smoke as normal though because I don't feel I deserve to bypass the pain and would like to use the emotion to change.

Self medication is a fine line to walk but can certainly have benefits. It wont solve your problems for you or make them go away but sometimes a vacation can help, but at the end of the day you still need to earn a living.

16. I've done it once or twice, but I try to avoid smoking or drinking to rid emotional pain, because that's really not possible. You can mask it or delay it, but eventually you're going to have to face it.

17. Nope, I've found whenever I smoke whenever I feel down I just feel even worse.

18. i started out socially, moved things went awry turned into a escape kinda feel sorry for myself, and has been forawhile. but finally i got to the point where i was like WTF AM I DOING. so i got my shit together, got a interview saturday for a job so :) things are turnin around and i made it happen for myself. so oh idk i just fixed my bong to so im ripped :smoking:

19. because i feel more connected with the universe. everyday life should feel like i do when i'm lifted, but it doesn't. making it illegal for us is like taking away our intrinsic right to feel connected with one another; with mother earth; with the universe.

idunnomanimhigh.

20. Update: My Boyfriend broke up with me today and it hurt bad. Totally blindsided me. Since then I've been smoking the pot I was going to save for the two off us and it has helped A LOT. I have anxiety issues and its helped way better than any prescribed emergency anxiety pill. I just feel much better. Now I've experienced the medicinal side of it and understand why some people get cards to buy them for anxiety/ anti-depressant