SPIDERMITES!!!! Real solutions. Forbid/Floramite/Avid

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Saleen281, May 15, 2010.

1. And..... PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe we don't have to? The other day i went out to water my 17 outdoor fem'd plants and what do you know, EVERY SINGLE ONE is infected with spidermites.. little white dots, little tiny webs.. yes spidermites. So last night i spent more then 4 hours surfing/skimming/sifting through ALOT of stuff on how to kill these RESISTANT MOTHER FUCKERS (yes they are as serious as it gets) and turns out if you really want to rid yourself of this problem, you have to buy the real shit, no fucking around with bug bombs, organic crap, lady bugs, phytoseiulus persimilis (a predator mite that can take up to a year to kill spidermites) neem oil, or soap solutions, they are preventative at best. Forbid, Floramite, or Avid are the real deal. Technically in most cases it seems you need a license just to even buy these things! Luckily for us some guys on ebay sell very small quantitys of this stuff, ($20-30, and the amount is all you really need)

So what i would like to hear is first hand experience with any of these 3 big boys Forbid, Floramite, or Avid.

What was your method of application? How often, how much, when, ect........

At the moment i am leaning torwards Forbid, it seems to be the latest and greatest with advantages to the others in this battle. Specifically, they are saying the mites have no potential to develop resistances (A huge problem when dealing with the mites) Some quoted info that is selling me on it, sounds fantastic.

"Bayer Environmental Science has just announced the registration of a new miticide, based on a proprietary new chemistry with a unique mode of activity. The name of this new miticide is Forbid 4F, and its active ingredient is spiromesifin, a tetronic acid, which blocks fat synthesis so the mites dry out and die. This mode of activity, inhibiting lipid biosynthesis thus causing dessication (i.e., drying-out), is virtually the same as that of soaps and oils. That is, the MOA for Forbid 4F can be considered, for the sake of simplicity, to be MOA 6 as defined in papers elsewhere on this website, and in articles appearing in the Rose Society's newsletter, Basal Breaks. This is great because MOA 6 has little or no potential for the development of resistance – an analogy[1] would be a flamethrower: you may miss some of your targets, but when they return they'll be no less vulnerable to the flame. Another feature of Forbid 4F is that, like Avid, it is translaminar. The active ingredient, spiromesifin, while not systemic (i.e., it does not move through the plant's vascular system like, for example, Merit does), is absorbed by the plant's leaves and will move from the tops of the leaves to the bottoms where the mites feed. This ability to move from the tops to bottoms of leaves significantly reduces the tedium of the spray process – while care should still be taken to cover the entire bush, rigorous spraying of the undersides of leaves should not be required. Moreover, according to Bayer, Forbid 4F controls mites at all life stages and offers an excellent residual of four to eight weeks for mites.
    The label for Forbid 4F indicates its toxicity rating is CAUTION (be aware that the Avid label carries a WARNING designation). The label further specifies a usage rate of 2 to 4 fluid ounces per 100 gallons of spray. This equates to 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of spray – Bayer recommends, however, using the lower rate. Also, Forbid 4F may be tank mixed with sprayable fertilizers, insecticides and fungicides, although Bayer recommends a jar compatibility test. This product is available through Bayer distributors, such as Southern Ag ( http://www.southernag.com ) in Boone , NC . A very knowledgeable contact at Southern Ag is Mike Presnell (e-mail: sagrinsct@bellsouth.net ). It will also be marketed by OHP (Olympic Horticulture Products) under the name Judo. Lastly, it's available in 8 oz. bottles which cost $224.20 from Southern Ag. The cost per gallon of spray is about the same as Floramite, but remember this product is translaminar – Floramite is not. And, this product has a longer residual effect."

Let me know what you guys think!!!!! :hello:

2. Read my thread on pests in this forum.
    Cheers.
    :smoking:

3. bug buster o
    This stuff is the real deal. You can use it from seedling to the last week of flowering just dont spray it directly on the buds. Will get rid of any bug problem.

4. Dex, spidermites are arachnids, meaning 8 legs, they are not insects. Your product kills insects, aka a insecticide. Insecticides in some cases can even help or aggrivate a spider mite infestation, so.... i would strongly advise against insecticides on mites. Chemical control of spider mites generally involves pesticides that are specifically developed for spider mite control - miticides or acaricides.(Forbid/Floramite/Avid/Azamax)

5. Sorry bud, youre dead wrong. Spider mites are NOT Arachnids.
    Like I suggested earlier, read my thread about pests, it will help you.
    Were tryin to help ya man.
    :confused:

6. Well they really are arachnids, I think the other dude is wrong too, and that insecticides do work on them , but spiders, and mites form the arachnid family.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Had em once real bad. Their is no spray that I found to completley kill them. I had to make a solution of an insecticide in a vat(parabolic hood) and completely submerge and dip each plant one at a time and then turn around and do the whole process over a few days later just for insurance.
    Sometimes this is not an option especially when in flowering.
    The other way is to buy Ladybugs and turn them loose. They will devour Spider Mites in a jiffy and when the Ladu Bugs die off you know they did their job....
    Trust me when I say it is esiest to prevent ever getting Spider Mites by isollating your GR and making sure you don't bring them into your GR than dealing with a solution.

8. Eh... you might want to do some research before you call me out on my facts. You, in fact, are wrong. Spider mites ARE indeed Arachnids. Maybe you should re-read my post.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Holy fuck, do some research !!!
    Im an educated biologist.
    Nuff said...
    :smoking:

10. #10 Freakbro1, May 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2010
    Spider mites are members of the ACARI (mite family), TETRANYCHIDAE, to be specific.
    I should have bet you some rep man.
    Put that in your pipe and smoke it, little fishy.
    :smoke:

11. Take it or leave it...GOOGLE IT.

The Red Spider Mite is a predatory mite found in dry environments, generally considered a pest. It has about 60 different common names, including Two-spotted Mite.
    Belongs to the arachnid family and is closely related to spiders. The most notable spider mite is the red spider mite, which can be seen in greenhouses and temperate zones spinning a fine web under leaves. The red spider mite poses a threat to host plants, especially tomato plants by laying eggs on it and sucking sap from their leaves cell by cell, which could spread viruses.
    Spider mites are less than 1 millimeter in size and vary in colors, but the easiest to spot is as mentioned before the red spider mite.
    During the summer the red spider mite has a greenish brown appearance with to darker spots, but as winter approaches it will gain a strong red color.

12. Bro, your wrong again, clearly your extremely misguided. I didn't think it would get to this point just to prove my facts, and your an "educated biologist"? Eh.. I quote, yes quote, Cannabis Culture Magazine

"Spider mites are the bane of marijuana growers. Mites are not insects, but arachnids, the same family as spiders. They have eight legs. Your garden is probably infested with two spotted mites. When looking through a loop or magnifying glass, two black spots are visible on the pest's back. Gardens are also infrequently infested with the red spider mite."

PS: Stop polluting my thread with your misinformation. Thanks.

13. Freakbro - I read that as well just could not copy the info...

14. Spider Mite

Acari = Order
    Arachnida = Family

Facts are Facts.

Order is one of the levels of scientific classification of organisms. Orders are grouped into classes and themselves contain families.

15. Now that we've beaten this to a pulp and proven freaknub wrong, your lil purple guy in your sig xfactor is hilarious :cool:

16. Thanks...Not here to prove anyone wrong just here for the facts.:D

17. check out a product called That Stuff "Mighty Wash" from npk industries. its 99% frequecy charged water that essentially electrocutes mites and eggs, perfectly safe till day of harvest. mites cant build an immunity to it. its a fairly new product but its fuckin worked wonders for me so far, 1 application all dead

18. Dickhead spammer.

Freak
    :smoke:

19. Forbid kicks ass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. I was horrified and about to let the tears roll my first spider mite infestation. But my angels were present as usual and I caught them before they began spitting webs everywhere and I was blessed by a AZAMAX!! 100% VEGETABLE BASED TO BOOT!!! Dependant on the size and vigor of your girls your treating, I'd mix 5-12.5milliliters per 32 ounce foliar sprayer and apply anywhere from two to three a day, every few days for one to two weeks. I've dealt with mites 3 times now and have never had a reinfestation occur. AZAMAX/Azadirachtin, a botanical Insecticide, Miticide and Nematicide. Happy growing girls they'll be in no time!!