The theory of Mary Jane's (TRUE) Purpose

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Rastafari, May 13, 2010.

1. I only seem to get this experience after smoking a sativa dominant strain. Haven't for a while though because I live in MT and most medicinal smokers in my area smoke indica dominant strains. I'm going to start growing soon so maybe I'll buy some sativa seeds and try to feel that again.

2. I love this feeling so much :) it's a feeling that's hard to explain to someone who hasn't experienced it. This feeling is what I strive for every time I smoke mj

3. Oh man, that feeling is some good stuff. Only had it using gravity bongs though and sometimes I get it from a bong, but only for like 5 seconds (tolerance?)

You don't even have to be in deep mediation to feel it if you're high enough and you have a low tolerance.

To me, weed's purpose is much like that of life, it's entirely what you make of it. I highly prefer sativa strains over those of indica, due to the cerebral high, euphoria and creativity that I feel from it when used in moderation.  You can almost see the energy of it glowing from the bright green colors alone.

Anyways, my perspective on it is that being high and being sober are two metaphorical roads to the same place. Being sober is bit of like that of an interstate, you mainly know what to expect along the way with little distraction, and the destination is well within sight. But the stoned path is more like a scenic route through the countryside. It leads to the same place, but you get to experience much more along the way, unexpected things, the natural beauty and spontaneity of nature and there's more emphasis on the journey itself rather than the destination. Not saying that being sober is inherently inferior, it definitely has its own purposes, but when I don't have any immediate priorities to concern myself with, I know which road I'll be taking.

5. Her purpose is to make us embrace and cherish her intrinsic value.

6. #487 josephjt93, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
    I believe it's here to mostly stimulate appetite/thirst and mood/pain. It gives you dry mouth so you drink water, not so you don't talk. It makes you hungry so you eat. It relaxes you so you're not picky about eating. It is honestly an outdated plant with historically beneficial effects. Our ancestors who smoked it might have been compelled to eat or drink things more and become fatter. Been more compelled to form social groups and more talkative and creative. Certainly it has been and may always be a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Everyday after work I smoke myself stupid, take a shower, and lay in bed like a mummy hiding from mommy. I need to move the fuck out

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I know exactly what your talking about. when I was a noob toker I would have to open my eyes or lift my head up when the rollercoaster got too intense! But now i always try to ride it till it stops because that feeling doesnt happen every time I blaze anymore. Damn tolerance :p

9. The very first and last time I smoked I was very close to what you described as a rollercoaster. Although it scared me and made my heart race and almost burn. I feel like I went in and out of consciousness ... One second I felt sober then I was going down the hill and felt fucked up. But talking to people made me fell even more uncomfortably high.

10. when i first started smoking i would feel like that, like i was on a roller coaster when i would close my eyes.. wish it still happened :smoking:

11. I had a fuck ton of edibles and had something similar while watching Pontypool. Holy fuck it got so intense I had to turn it off.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. First time i ever smoked and closed my eyes with my fav stoner music on, Oh man I bugged the fuck out like crazy mind tripping what great times. i hate when people say you can't trip on weed because this thread explains it perfectly