Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed with Luvox (antidepressant)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by mike104, May 12, 2010.

1. #1 mike104, May 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2010
    Just got a prescription for Luvox (fluvoxamine) which is a SSRI antidepressant.

Was wondering if I can still smoke weed with it.

I remember when I was on Zoloft and I smoked weed it made me a lot more social and a much more enjoyable high.

I've been off Zoloft for about a year and now I get really paranoid and anxious when I smoke. Was hoping this new antidepressant would have a similar effect.

Anyone have any experience with mixing the two?

2. Everybody's different, so your response to weed and your antidepressant will not be the same as anyone else's. It is safe to mix them of course, but no one can tell you how exactly it will effect your high.

Sammy

3. man if i were you i'd stay away from anti depressants they are not good for your insides bro i took zoloft and ambien and a few other drugs for a while and they made me feel unhealthy. i use marijuana for anxiety and insomnia now i'd reccomend a sativa strain for the anxiety and a heavy indica for night time. i'm perscribed a pill called clonazapam aka klonipin which helps alot for my anxiety at school and shit it's like xanax but it doesnt knock you on your ass like xanax it just chils you th e fuck out and it's less toxic than alot of other medications.