Phantom vaporizer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by wolfkidz, May 11, 2010.

1. I got a phantom at my local head shop for like $260 i feel like a dummy now and seriously regret the purchase but it was last november so im over it now lol. When i first got it i was bummed it didnt even produce a vapor. But after some practice at vaping i could get it to produce a vapor. What i ended up doing was put it on 400 and let it heat up for like 7 orso minutes sometimes turning the vent on, this will produce a thick vapor thats HARSH AS FUCK AND WILL ALMOST KILL YA. What temps do you phantom users use and hows ur vapor. I feel like im goin too hot now that i been doin some reading.

2. The gauges on the phantom are a joke. Just blast it up all the way and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then throw your capsule on and hit the jets!

3. #23 JoesephSchoseph, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2012
    *Bump*

Just bought this Vapo, even after reading these reviews. I have to say, I believe you're all greatly under estimating this device. Quite literally, tried it side-by-side with a digital volcano, and these were the ONLY differences:
    -Made from a hard plastic rather than sheet/brush metal
    -Takes about 3-4 minutes longer than the volcano to truthfully heat up. Even if the temp says it's at the right temperature.
    -You need to replace the fuse after a given amount of ware/tare.

Not only is this Vape less than half the price of the Volcano, it produces the exact same result.

I urge all of you wanting a Volcano, to disregard these negative reviews. Support these manufacturers so that their next version can can be even better than the Volcanos. They seem to not be interested in charging top dollar for their product.

It even uses the same sets as the volcano, and comes with the Easy Valve kit.

My ONLY complaint about this device, is the bags it comes with are to heavy and hold to much air for it to properly inflate it and position it in an up-right position.

4. Prospective vape owners, take this above post with a grain of salt.

I would not disregard the many owners of this vape who have numerous problems with reliability and vapor production with this unit, and the disposable chinese company that manufactured this knockoff probably have no plans to improve anything on this vape, rather to simply keep cashing in on volcano hype while cutting as many costs as they can. The volcano is overpriced for sure, but it would not be possible to use the same high quality components in the vape and charge anything close to this price.

So to those of you who want to spend 200 dollars on a vape and think that a volcano knockoff is the only option, look at the Herbalaire. It's only 200 dollars, is built with scientific grade parts and you can use a whip, blow bags or vapebong with it. The extraction is far better than the phantom, or even the volcano for that matter. You can throw a whole unground nug in the vape and it will extract every drop of THC from it and leave you with a brown nugget that crumbles to dust in your palm.

And by no means is that your only option. go to fuckcombustion.com and you can read up on all the new vapes that are available, and pretty much any of them will outperform this one.

5. #25 JoesephSchoseph, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2012
    Hmm, pherhaps I wasn't very clear in my last post.

Where to start?

If anything should be taken with a grain of salt, it's somebody recommending a vaporizer that NOBODY has heard of.

Now, back to the facts.

Fact 1 - this device simulates the Volcano Digital, down to the T. if yours does not, you're using it wrong. Plain and simple. There's only one fundamental difference between the Volcano and the Phantom. The volcano is idiot proof. With the phantom, you need vaping experiance in order to get a 'Volcano' result.

Fact 2 - Speculating about what is 'probable' with the manufacturer of this device...Are you the Dalai Lama of vaporizing?

Fact 3 - This device is EVEN COMPATIBLE WITH every add-on component that is offered with the volcano. You can, quite literaly, order volcano accessories, and instead of paying 499(or so) for a Volcano base, you can get the Phantom base for a whopping 100$(average)

Fact 4 - Please explain why you're aiding to the confusion of people trying to get the best vaporizer? (As if it's not hard enough..Now you're talking about some crap HerbalAire product....Has ANYONE ever even heard of this?)

Regardless, my products of recommendation: Phantom Vaporizer/Digital Volcano Vaporizer, iOLITE Portable Vaporizer

Again, for anyone NOT buying a volcano...You need some sort of common sense about vaping, or vaping experiance, in order to properly vaporize with this device. It is not idiot proof like the Volcano is.

Blah, i'll throw this in there.(Hopefully someone who owns a phantom will reply back using this technique, if their technique didn't work.)

1.Grind your product into a fine powder.(If you owned a Volcano it comes with a grinder that is meant for powderizing your material. This one does not. Another possible reason why nobody seems to have good results. Go out and buy a grinder with many sharp teeth and almost no surface area, and no catcher.)
    2. Drop it into the filling champer, ontop of paper so the kief that falls is not wasted.
    3. without shaking it,(the screens for the Easy Valve are larger than the Solid Valve) your product could fall through.
    4. After heating your Phantom up for atleast 5 minutes(or until the hard plastic around the center is warm) place your filler ontop. I personally do not do the 5 second warm up, but I guess it won't hurt; though I do warm it up by leaving it on there.
    5. Fill your bag.

This is exactly what you'd be doing if you had a volcano.

What's the major difference?
    The volcano would heat up quicker. That's IT.Oh, and the Volcano easy valve (i think) has a smaller screen than the volcano so loosing finly-grinded plant material isn't as big of an issue.(You can buy the Volcano's Solid valve kit to fix this problem too. That's what i did.)

Edit : after doing some reasearch on your 'vaporizer', oh yes, this seems very appealing.
    http://herbalaire.com/shop.htm

A thrown together HTML webpage with little or no client side programming(basicly it's not even setup right), their preferred method of payment is paypal(that's right. they can't even afford their own merchant services. they need to use the free one.) And, a number of their bags are 'sealed' together using a fastener.

For 200$ i'd rather buy another Phantom just so I can stare at two, or I'd rather buy a r00r and break it just so I can say I've done something productive.

6. Do you know anything? It's a scientific fact that the more open-space a material has the quicker it evaporates/undergoes a chemical reaction......Your claim is totally void, or, the vaporizer that you're speaking of has an incredibly unreliable temperature.

Also, you do not extract THC while vaporizing.............. It evaporates.

Do not confuse producing hash/earwax/honey oil with vaporizing.

Please don't say ignorant stuff so I don't have to be this mean.

7. #27 CentiZen, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012
    Please don't take the fact that you have not heard of the herbalaire 2.1 or 2.2 as the fact that it is from the same depths of obscurity as your phantom. It is a very popular vape sold by numerous reliable retailers and is a favorite among the experienced at fuckcombustion. Seriously, just do a google search. The ratio of information between the phantom and the herbalaire is exorbant. Just thought I'd let you know.

This is a completely ridiculous claim. It may look the same on the outside but it's pure fact in that the heating elements are completely different types (aluminum clad ceramic vs brass in the phantom). Many other users have observed inconsistencies in temperature and vaporization quality. I would be hard pressed to find a volcano owner who could say the same of theirs.
    Oh yeah, you caught me, I moonlight on GC.

No. What I do know however, is the way the knockoff industry of china works. Make devices at the lowest cost, sell at the lowest cost and make money off of those who want to pay a low cost.

Wow! It's even compatible?! Jee wizickers!

Take a look at the bottom part of a strong valve or easy valve assembly (those are 'every' accessory as you claim). Better yet, watch this video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv1_RqZ6Smk]Volcano Vaporizer - Classic System with EASY VALVE Demo - YouTube[/ame]

0:28 seconds in, you see that? That is how you fit the valve on. A thin circle of metal is raised up to hold it in place, and you simply drop it on top. How hard do you think that is to pull off from a manufacturers point of view? Theres all sorts of other hacks and mods and other vapes that leverage the easy and strong valve sets. It really is not difficult, and in fact is probobly cheaper for that company than manufacturing their own knockoff easy valve.

Uh, what? Is that even a supposed fact? it's more like a hybrid opinionated statement question. Anyway, take a look at this:

A glowing review:
    HerbalAire H2.1 Vaporizer Reviews, How to use, Best Place to Buy

A 26 page long thread of herbalaire owners discussing how to get the most from the vape
    http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=315

I could post more but who am I kidding, your not going to read it anyway.

Ok... thanks. Good to know. I'm sure you'll also be tickled to hear I strongly dislike the iolite as well because it is far surpased by newer portables like the arizer solo.

And also, how many other vapes have you used?
    So then how does "this device simulate the Volcano Digital, down to the T" as you said earlier?

...thanks, I'm sure that will help all of the numerous numerous people who didn't figure the basics of a volcano style vape out from reading the manual.
    Major differences would be the lack of any company or entity putting their name behind the product.

But I think you missed something here, I'm not arguing for the volcano. I'm simply arguing against this vape. I'm arguing against a soft metal heating element, piss poor temperature reading and blatant copying of storz and bickels work, down to even having the customer have to buy a valve set that costs more than the phantom itself to get the same experience.
    And now you've devolved to crude insults against something that has nothing to do with vapor quality, websites. Post up even 3 other vaporizers that have some slick flash or HTML5. I don't get your jab at paypal, but in reality if your buying this your probably buying it from a retailer than the main site. You can do that if you hate paypal so much.

And yeah, the metal fastener. What about it? I can switch bags in less time than it takes you to get your strong valve assembly off! And it's not difficult to hold your finger over the hole to stop vapor from escaping. However, find me 3 other vapes that have a valve system that is not the easy or strong valve and I will rest my case on this one because in reality it is my main gripe with the herbalaire.

Okay... Or for 100 dollars you could have bought a vapolution 2.0 and gotten an all glass airpath and the ability to vapebong with the roor you bought to break. And how is that productive lol

I think your missing out on a few fundamentals of vaporization here. There's more than one type of heat dispersal. Induction, conduction and infrared heating all have their own different effects on the herb and it's not as simple as herb to hot air ratio. Theres variables like surface area, heat penetration and radiation that all need to be taken in to account to preform the perfect vaporization. I may not know all, but I sure as hell know more than you when it comes to this. And if you would like to argue further on the fundamentals of heat exchange I would do some reading before you came back and presented more 'facts'

Trust me, I'm not. That's a term many seasoned vaporists choose to use. Because in reality, you ARE extracting the TCH (and many many other chemicals by the way), THROUGH evaporation. It's not one or the other.
    Oh don't worry, I can take it because I know there are many seasoned vaporists reading your posts and chuckling to themselves. Obviously your still in the denial part of your purchase of the phantom, and vehemently defending your purchase of it online to justify it in your mind and give you some validation. Your arguments, if they can be called that are just opinion and hearsay presented as fact. Your all over the place, contradictory and obviously a beginner when it comes to vaping. If I were you I'd being getting my ass over to fuckcombustion and reading about every vape I could so that my next purchase can be a real vape.

And just to reiterate, I dislike the volcano. I think it's overpriced and inefficient. There are many better options out there than the volcano, and a hell of a lot of options that are better than the phantom.

Now, I am off for a very well deserved vapebong session with my HerbalAire.

8. I refuse to read your book-like refute.

You're wrong. Admit it. Your vaporizer sucks, the phantom is the best and most affordable volcano alternative.

Just deal with it.

Btw how long did that reply take you? I was sitting on this thread for over an hour waiting for you to reply, then the bottom screen said you had left. You must have put a lot of energy into your ignorant thesis.

Do you live in your mothers basement?

9. #29 coloradomountainman, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
    how do you expect people to listen to you if your are so close minded to even read his reply?

speaking of ignorance :rolleyes:

there are far better vapes that are in the same price range as this phantom vape.

take a look at dabuddha

10. After reading bits and peices of your, 'book'(i couldn't resist) I can let you know that no, I do not go off and 'try' every vaporizer out there. Why? Well, for starters I do not consider myself a pot head. Second, I take pride in my life. Third, vaping is vaping. Now if you don't beleive that....Than we've really got a problem on our hands.(I mean.........evaporating the active ingrediants, you can either do this with or without other toxins. This is not rocket science.)

Oh, and incase you're wondering, the company that backs up my Phantom is named Fuji Tech. I also have a 2-year warranty through them with this amazing product.

Now, you are right about the poor condition of the temperature gauge. Although I would not consider it piss-poor.

And I'm sorry to hear about your need to replace your bags - I've had the same one on mine since it came home.

Not trying to be rude, but please do not write a book in your next reply. God damn.

11. Because my intention is not to go into an in-depth elaborate argument about vaporizers.

I mean, none of you seem to get it.

Rather you accept or not that the Volcano is the best vaporizer, not my problem..

I'm arguing that you can purchase a rather beautiful 'knock off' version, that performs relatively the same.

12. #32 CentiZen, Feb 2, 2012

Aww, did I use too many big words for you there big shot?

No, I work for Research In Motion in wireless researching and get paid 27 dollars an hour so I can afford my own place. And I can spend as much time refuting the ignorant as I want :)

Again, say what you will, but until you back your hearsay up with fact, that's all it is. You can claim I'm ignorant all you want and make grandiose and simply false statements but your not fooling anyone, just making for some rather funny entertainment for me.

And you speak of ignorance, while every post you've made thus far is an example of ignorance in it's purest form, stupidity.

And for the record, my 'book' works out to just a little bit bigger than the post it was replying to. Your post.

13. That's interesting. I'm a software developer and I make 120,000 salary.

And it's not hearsay. You seem to be able to afford top-end vapes.

Try out the Phantom. I'll look forward to your reply.

14. 'And it's not hearsay' - please back up this statement. What does the fact I own top end vapes have anything to do with that. And all the money I have spent on vapes combined works out to less than a volcano.

I've used the phantom, and I don't like it. That's why I'm arguing so vehemently against it. It's nothing special, and for the money you spend on it, many better vaporizers could be had.

Anyways, I'm done trying to convince you, I know that any moderate soul reading this thread will have gotten the same entertainment out of it that I did, but I think it's reached the end of the line.

15. #35 JoesephSchoseph, Feb 2, 2012
    Considering your apparent ego with pot smoking, I'd say you're right.

Regardless, if you're interested in a Volcano, there is no better bang for your buck than the Phantom.

Might I add, for those who are reading this, recall that I did mention the Phantom is not idiot proof.

16. My apparent ego comes from years of experience. And I don't smoke, haven't for years, I exlusivly vaporize which is where my knowledge in vaporizing comes from.

Regardless, if anyone reading this is interested in the volcano, do some reading at fuckcombustion.com and read up on the numerous models of vaporizers that exceed the volcano in versatility and performance. And price.

And I don't think anyone is going to take your points seriously considering your selective choices when it comes to reading the replies that prove them wrong.

17. I posted here 2 years ago. Sold my phantom last month cause i never use it. It's all about wax hash now days! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f7A_xhYqYQ]Vapor Globe wax rip - YouTube[/ame]

18. Your last sentence makes no sense.

And, the Volcano IS the best......The fact that you're considering others, shows how uninformed you are.

Word from the wise, Don't listen to this fool. He literaly has no idea what he's talking about. He's a troll.

19. And also I find it very interesting that you're unable to determine for yourself which one is 'the best'. You need a form/website? I came here to tell people, not spread 'hearsay'. I own one, that's a fact.

I also do not spend my private time investigating these matters. I know how the science of vaporizing works, and that's all you need to do.

You're a real moron if you go out 'shopping' and try them all like you seem to do.

Like I said, you can either vape with or without toxins. And the phantom yields no toxins.

If you're looking for an excellent Knock-off Volcano, purchase this device and tell CentiZen how wrong he is.

20. http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3523
    http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=4193
    http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2590

Here are some fuckcombustion threads about The Phantom Vaporizer.
    It's a Chinese knock-off, and it's not receiving a lot of love from the community.
    Most vaporizers that are well received normally have at least 100+ pages, with user reviews and honest testimonies and videos submitted by their owners.

For viewers of this thread.
    If you want a bag vaporizer there are a lot of choices besides the phantom.
    Zephyr Ion*.Herbalaire.ViVape.Extreme Q.Volcano.
    Each one has a thread on fuckcombustion filled to the brim with information.

Just wanted to drop some facts, and not opinions.

*Sounds like zephyr ion is making a comeback from the message on their website.