Which Strain? Anyone Used Nirvana 'Blackberry' or NY Power Diesel ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by WheelChair, May 9, 2010.

1. Hi
    As in title, I cant decide between them.

If anyone has had any experience with either please let me know.

I will be running one of these along side some Auto's, so one the autos are done i will switch these into flower.

2. Bump, Anyone?

3. What kind of light setup do you have? Reason I ask is because both those strains are sativas and can get quite large. Blackberry is actually recommended for outdoor growth. Unless you have at least a 400w system, or better yet a 600w I'd maybe want to stay away from a sativa.

How much experience do you have growing? If you are new to growing I'd recommend you'd start with an indica. Not that a beginner can't have luck with a sativa, just seems like indicas are a little easier to grow in a lot of aspects.

I've heard a lot of good things about Nirvana's Northern Lights. I actually have 2 plants going right now. They are only about a week old, so not even worth a pic yet. I hear a lot of ppl like the Bubblelicious, Master Kush, and ICE strains too. AK-48 and Jock Horror seem to be awesome too and are sativa dominant. Actually, you can't go wrong with any of their strains really.

Hope this helped, Good Luck!

4. I haven't smoked or grew either but I did order both strains on 09-15-10 it says shipped on 09-19-10 and still nothing received yet. Just wanted you to know what I have been going thru with Nirvana. And I'm taaking about Nirvana Shop not the Gypsy Nirvana.

5. #5 H0PHEAD, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2010
    Suggest Purchasing Through Attitude Seeds. They have promotional giveaway seeds. They're reliable.

if youre gonna grow a sativa grow Chocolope.

6. Here's a couple of pics of Purple Diesel from Highgrade Seeds. Easy to grow and dank as hell.

Attached Files:

• PD2.jpg
      PD2.jpg
      File size:
      104.5 KB
      Views:
  7. wow im interested in both right now myself.... anyone know if the eldorado makes the nypd grow very tall? i mean its a mix of nirvana's probably most indica plant, mixed with a near 100% sativa thats known to get big. im very interested in nypd but im afraid of the height.
    im also interested in blackberry. i have smoked raspberry cough before and it was extremely good. i figure blackberry would be much easier to grow than the raspberry cough and may have a more narcotic feeling. raspberry cough is ice x Cambodian landrace. blackberry is raspberry cough x black domina (or black domino as nirvana calls the clone they used). so i dont see any reason why blackberry should be an outdoor only strain. thats rediculous, black domina is one of the shortest, most stout indicas you can find. its lineage is fuzzy, but its known to have the famous Ortega indica in its genetics. now mixing a VERY indica plant with raspberry cough, which cant be more than 70%-75% sativa at the very most, shouldnt result in an indica plant that needs to grown outdoor. that makes no sense, and you can find plenty of grows indoor of that strain in the last 6 months. ive seen some impressive reviews.
    too bad its not as easy to find any info on the new york power diesel, that should be popular!!

8. I have grew all of Nirvanas Strains. The first NYPD grow from Nirvana I have had some germination problems. Im not saying you will but I did. The other questions, BB imo is harder to grow the raspberry cough. All of my raspberry coughs have taken not right away. Nirvana is ten times better then attitude at customer service and fast shipping. Thats because attitude is a middle man. I order straight from the Nirvana seed bank. Also whoever said chocolope is right on and that is an awesome strain from DNA Genetics.